Captain Marketing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales
Alhambra, CA

I interviewed at Captain Marketing in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was super easy and comfortable. I met with the HR rep and the Sales Manager. Both were really nice, enthusiastic and made me feel really comfortable in a sometimes stressful position. I not only sat down to talk with them, they walked me through the office and introduced me to various people. They also had me talk to someone in sales who came in with no experience in the industry, so that he could tell me about his first year. I felt they did that as part of their core values of being transparent. It gave me the immediate impression that this company was not only honest, but really wanted prospective employees to have an accurate picture, which in their case is a good picture. They have exceeded my expectations and I can honestly say people who work here, are genuinely happy and enjoy coming to work.

Interview Question – Given I had no experience in SEO, how was I so positive I would enjoy the industry?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Captain Marketing.

Interview Details – Went over everything, from sales to tech. the business plan seemed sketchy, and after reading some reviews online (including glassdoor), I didn't feel very confident about the integrity of this organization .

Interview Question – Asked if I knew SEO, Web Development, Sales, Hosting, IT... everything under the sun!   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Captain Marketing

Interview Details – basic questions.

Interview Question – if i knew google ad words, back linking for seo   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – was told I got the job until I heard the pay and decided it was not for me.

Project Manager/Sales Interview

Project Manager/Sales
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Captain Marketing in January 2013.

Interview Details – They asked a series of questions pertaining to your work experience and seo/smm/internet marketing knowledge. You must know how to carry a healthy long sustainable dDialogue. They would like to see if you carry a pleasant conversation with clients. Be prepared to properly answer: what are your career goals and expectations?

Interview Question – what are your challenges?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business to Business Account Executive Interview

Business to Business Account Executive
Agoura Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Captain Marketing in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the manager and scheduled an in-person interview for the following day. I drove to the location and met with the manager. To my surprise, the entire job description posted online was a lie. Everything from the job responsibilities to salary range turned out to be a complete lie. The position, as the manager explained it, was more of a telemarketing position. It pays $10/hr for the first 3 months. slight raise afterwards with bonuses. However, they require that file taxes like a contractor. He explained everything in 5 minutes. I immediately told him this was not what I was looking for and left.

Interview Question – After he describes the position, he will ask you the only question they have: is this what you're looking for?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Captain Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Captain Marketing interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Captain Marketing employees and interview candidates.