CarMax Business Office Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CarMax (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day from the recruiter scheduling a Face to Face interview for Friday at 3PM. When i got there i was prompted to sit at a computer and fill out a questionnaire asking: have you since your 18th birthday committed a sexual offense, done any illegal drug, committed murder etc; After that i had an interview with the Business Office Manager that went really well, and he was really nice, he gave a detailed description of what i would be doing and had me sign paper work agreeing, allowing them to run my credit, and background check etc; i was extended an offer at this point. All in all, DONT waste your time! They only pay $10.00 for FULL-TIME position(keep in mind i am located in Miami which is amongst one of the highest cost of living states)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Carmax?
    Name a situation where you had to over come customer objection?
    Name a Time where you asked another associate who WASNT management for help and why?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CarMax in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Monday called for an phone interview Friday, in person interview the following Monday. When I first walked in they put me at a computer to answer very general question about criminal history. After that I met with the assistant manager, then sales manager, then the head manager of the business office.

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Interview process is long and can take a few hours if you are doing well in the interviews. Questionnaire in the beginning is typical for large corporations. Apply online this is the twentieth century! Basic questions for interviews just answer them and don't try to fake an answer and be genuine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CarMax (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was long you have to do the basic computer questions are you a murder and such I answered some of the questions yes (Do you know someone who is using drugs) and what did you do about it.Then I had an interview with one of the sales mangers and he asked basic what would you do questions (I would have lots of situations in which you shine for this interview) Then the final interview where there was two people.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to provide costumer service to an upset costumer? What did you do and how did they respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CarMax (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a long process. I had five rounds one was with a computer to ensure I was not a rapist, murder, or drug dealer. The questions are through. All questions were read off of the paper. All of my interviews were kind, personable, and seemed to really enjoy their jobs.

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CarMax in January 2015.

Interview

Application experience was similar to other postings except when I was initially contacted, there was no phone interview, so there was no opportunity for me or CarMax to determine if there was a good fit. I was invited to an in-person interview. The first question asked of me was to provide my social security number. I found that to be extraordinary in this day and age of hacking into company's databases and identity theft to provide a private detail like that before we had even decided if it was worth moving forward in the process. I inquired as to what happens with my data if there's no job offer, and the HR person wasn't sure. I then filled out a questionnaire about whether I've raped or murdered anyone, done drugs, stolen items from an employer, etc., etc. I found these questions to set an extremely negative tone and created a feeling of "we know we're hiring scumbags; we just need to know how big a scumbag you are." The next step was to sign authorizations and waivers that provided broad sweeping powers to CarMax, e.g. an authorization to pull my credit report (now and at any time in the future as decided by CarMax!). I understand CarMax's need for this information, but feel strongly it should come later in the process. While I waited for my next step, I observed an interview at an adjacent desk. The interviewer read scripted questions and did not seem to pay any attention to the answers provided by the candidate; he appeared to be scanning his paper to choose the next scripted question he would ask. I excused myself from moving forward in the process at this point. I got the impression that CarMax views the interviewing process as a one-way determination - solely whether they like you rather than whether you will enjoy working for them.

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

I applied for the position, got a call from hr within a week to setup a phone interview. Had my phone interview. Got a call back about a week or so to set up an in person interview. Arrived at my in person interview where I met with the Hr lady I spoke with over the phone. She immediately set me up on the computer to go over questions like "are you a criminal" in diff ways as well as past employment questions. After you pass that you fill out paperwork. The paperwork is for background checks. I then had a manager from the buyer side come talk to me and ask me generated questions that came from my computer questions. Then the asst manager and lead business office associate came in and tagged teamed me. Finally the manager over the business office came in and interviewed me.I was offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable, standard pay for everyone then an increase after training

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Very thorough interview questions lots of behavioral questions so be prepared to have some specific situations in mind. Phone interview about 4 questions and got a face to face. Got on the computer was asked a few questions. Didn't take very long, if you don't answer the questions wrong. Talked with 3 different managers and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult and frustrating work experience?   Answer Question

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

The actual process went pretty smooth. I applied back in October not expecting to hear anything back because of previous experience applying with them. Randomly I recieved a phone call from the manager assistant asking me if I was still interested and was wondering if I would want to set up a phone interview for the next day. I then had my phone I interview and when I passed that I had an in store interview. When I first arrived I had to fill out some paperwork and do an online assessment. This assessment asked me questions about crimes which not. I did this with the same person that set up my phone interview. After waiting for about 15 minutes I intervied with a manger and was asked a series of behavioral questions and typical why do you want to work here questions. Then I was interviewed by another manager in the same department and was asked another series of behavioral questions. Then the two managers went and talked for about 15 minutes and then I was offered the job. It was very nice the whole entire process but it did take longer than normal interviews so just be prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the pay seemed fair for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

First there is a phone interview and then you called in for a in person interview. You fill out an application about your personal information for background purposes. If you accept the job, then you have to pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• What is one experience where you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you solve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question