CarMax

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CarMax in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person interview followed by a hiring process of 8 hours in front of a screen doing online Carmax Safety, Certifications, and Acknowledgement courses. Very thorough indeed. Only 1 in 10 people get hired there but they are growing rapidly so it is easy to get hired on into the company.

Interview Question – Are you able to work 11hr shifts at night?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They only have one offer of 10.88/hr base, 11.88/hr flagged.

Very Difficult Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at CarMax in April 2013.

Interview Details – applied for Detailer night time shift online and got a call the next day. I was asked for an appropriate time for them to call back for a 10 question phone interview the following day. so the next day they never called.

Interview Question – none never called me for interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Detailer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CarMax in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had a person call and did and interview and then they said they would be in touch. Does this mean I got hired?

Interview Question – Are you on drugs?   View Answer

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!