Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CarMax
- Sales Consultant (93)
- Sales Associate (52)
- Strategy Analyst (51)
- Business Office Associate (49)
- Buyer In Training (36)
- Inventory Associate (13)
- Sales Manager (13)
- Buyer Assistant (11)
- Buyer's Assistant (5)
- Part Time Sales Associate (5)
- Service Manager (4)
- Buyer (4)
- Detailer (4)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Business Office Administrator (3)
- Business Office Manager (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Sales (3)
- Reconditioning Associate (3)
- Location General Manager (3)
- Human Resources Manager (3)
- Senior Sales Consultant (3)
- Service Consultant (3)
- Operations Manager (3)
- Manager (3)
- Operations Manager Trainee (2)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Sales Representative (2)
- Programmer (2)
Human Resources Manager Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in May 2014.
Very long and tedious process. Went several weeks after first interview to get contacted for second. Interviewed with multiple leaders including the head of HR. Acted a little pompous. All behavior based questions. They did not want to hear anything about strategy. Just tactics. If you don't give them the exact answer they're looking for, you're done.
- Tell me about a time you created a policy that backfired on you. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for CarMax
Human Resources Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in May 2012.
Long process and at times quite disorganized and even unprofessional (left me sitting in lobby for 30 mins b/c had gaps in schedule). Extremely time consuming so only go for it if you really, really want it. Also, had no interview agenda to provide me. Poor at returning calls.
- STAR questions Answer Question
Human Resources Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks – interviewed at CarMax.
After initial contact, multiple phone interviews and on-site interviews. Asked a number of times to reschedule for no significant reason, and told after "final candidate interview" that decision would be forthcoming in 3 days or sooner, then waited over a week. Not a very positive interviewing experience.
- Nothing difficult or unexpected in interviews; skills testing included plenty of math and comparative evaluation of reporting, with no measurement of HR skills. Answer Question