CarMax

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kennesaw, GA

I applied online - interviewed at CarMax in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was very interested in my resume but looked at my GPA and thought otherwise. I thought that was a bit unprofessional. But hey not my lost.

PT Customer Service Interview

PT Customer Service
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CarMax in February 2014.

Interview Details – You first take a test and if you pass that you move into a small room and meet with HR. They ask you about 30 questions and write down all of your answers. After that I met with 2 managers who asked me 30 different questions. All in all I was there for 3hrs. They said they would let me know either way which they did not and I found so rude. Pay is low about 11hr but you can wear jeans to work.

Interview Question – No questions were hard   Answer Question

Kennesaw, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CarMax in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process took roughly 3 weeks. First round was on-campus and consisted of one case interview, where the invitation to the superday was contingent entirely upon the outcome of the case. Was invited to Atlanta area for an on-site interview where I went through roughly 5 case interviews and one behavioral interview. Very long day of interviews and was contacted two weeks later with a rejection email.

Interview Question – Determine credit rating procedures between high risk, medium risk, and low risk customers?   View Answer

Kennesaw, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CarMax.

Interview Details – A 30-45 minute phone interview primarily consisting of a brief business case. They called me a week later inviting me for an on site visit. It was longer than most on site interview processes, pretty much 8-4:30 where you interview with 8 or so of the current employees. A mixture of behavioral and case type questions during these interviews.

Interview Question – A case where you had to present your findings to a panel of 3 current employees.   Answer Question

Kennesaw, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CarMax in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a job posting on campus. Had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was about an hour long and was mostly one large case but there were some behavioral questions. Got invited to a superday down at their headquarters in Kennesaw (Auto Finance). Superday consisted of 4 case interviews, 1 behavioral interview, a laid back conversation and the drug test. It was longer than the other super days I attended. I interviewed on a Friday and got a call on Monday that I was being extended an offer.

Interview Question – The business cases were based off of real world problems for the most problem. A lot of break-even type equations, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Customer Service/Early Collections Interview

Customer Service/Early Collections
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online - interviewed at CarMax in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter began the call with stating concerns about my commute to the company. She concluded the interview with offering an in-person interview the next day and stated that it may take up to three hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a difficult person at work.   View Answer
  • Describe how you have gone above and beyond the line of work to help a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
  • Do you see any reason why you may arrive late during the 6 weeks of training.   View Answer

Collections Representative/Customer Service Interview

Collections Representative/Customer Service
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CarMax in June 2008.

Interview Details – General interview will be given over the phone, If you are asked for a second interview you will take a skills test that same day.WARNING if you pass the skills test you will be taken to the bathroom by the receptionist and given a drug test ON THE SPOT. This is a little unrattling because she not a medical professtional and its a bit unsettling to have a stranger speaking to you on the toilet. holding a stall.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a irrate customer and collect funds?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The more you are detail about your experience especially in collections the more you will be offered. And you may have a high possiblity of going to other departments if you have other strong skills

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Kennesaw, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CarMax in October 2010.

Interview Details – I did the phone interview with HR and that went great. She asked me what position I was interested in partime collections or fulltime/partime customer service. I told her full time customer service. She invited me to come in for a face to face interview. I came in for the interview did a skills test and the odd thing about the interview was a collections manager interviewed me. She asked me what position I was interested in and I told her customer service..Im really bummed that I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Early Collections Representative Interview

Early Collections Representative
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CarMax in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was one of the strangest experiences i have had searching for a job. It took 3 weeks for carmax to even send me a confirmation email (for the online questionnaire) after completing applying. The day i finally got the call for the phone interview i had already accepted another offer.

Interview Question – Do you work well with disgruntled customers?   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Collections Representative
Kennesaw, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CarMax in January 2008.

Interview Details – The process was fast and professional. Consisted of the online questionnair, then phone interview and then 1:1 interview. The typing test, 1;1 interview, drug test were all done the same day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation that you had to deal with an angry customer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes because i had prior experience

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!