CarMax Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a few weeks long. phone interview followed by an office interview and drug screening that was taken on site. process took approximately 5 weeks total. met with several managers and supervisors from several departments around the company. also, got to go to lunch when i went to meet with a manager from the office. took several assessments both while in the office and online, prior to any formal meeting to make sure my qualifications could be verified.

Interview Questions

• what is a leadership role you have held and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview, in-person, 2nd in-person with management, hire. questions, security questions, drug-screen, back ground check, tour of store. ss security, dl, benefits package. can be drug out or short 3hrs or 8hrs. be prepared to sit & wait if they like you. do not be alarmed if you don't get an answer right away

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time that you had to help a co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation

initial offer was good until you saw the environment.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax in February 2009.

Interview

Long day of interviewing. Started with an initial phone screen. Then I met with 2 mgrs. Then I met with the GM. I then met with the regional VP. 3 days later an offer was made over the phone. The entire process took maybe 2 weeks from initial contact to hire.