Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CarMax
- Sales Consultant (102)
- Sales Associate (55)
- Business Office Associate (52)
- Strategy Analyst (51)
- Buyer In Training (37)
- Inventory Associate (14)
- Sales Manager (13)
- Buyer Assistant (11)
- Buyer's Assistant (6)
- Buyer (5)
- Part Time Sales Associate (5)
- Detailer (5)
- Human Resources Manager (4)
- Service Manager (4)
- Senior Sales Consultant (3)
- Service Consultant (3)
- Operations Manager (3)
- Operations Manager Trainee (3)
- Manager (3)
- Business Office Manager (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Sales (3)
- Reconditioning Associate (3)
- Location General Manager (3)
- BOA (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Business Office Administrator (3)
- Service Consultant/Customer Advisor (2)
- IT Associate (2)
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.
It was a few weeks long. phone interview followed by an office interview and drug screening that was taken on site. process took approximately 5 weeks total. met with several managers and supervisors from several departments around the company. also, got to go to lunch when i went to meet with a manager from the office. took several assessments both while in the office and online, prior to any formal meeting to make sure my qualifications could be verified.
- what is a leadership role you have held and what did you learn from it? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for CarMax
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.
phone interview, in-person, 2nd in-person with management, hire. questions, security questions, drug-screen, back ground check, tour of store. ss security, dl, benefits package. can be drug out or short 3hrs or 8hrs. be prepared to sit & wait if they like you. do not be alarmed if you don't get an answer right away
- Name a difficult time that you had to help a co-worker Answer Question
initial offer was good until you saw the environment.
Manager InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at CarMax in February 2009.
Long day of interviewing. Started with an initial phone screen. Then I met with 2 mgrs. Then I met with the GM. I then met with the regional VP. 3 days later an offer was made over the phone. The entire process took maybe 2 weeks from initial contact to hire.
- What makes you tick? Answer Question