CarMax Operations Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.7

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, brief interview followed up by a written questioner. Then set for a face to face interview with LGM, Ops manager which lasted about 3 hours. After that I was scheduled for a interview with the RVP of ops and location ops manager. That interview also had a assessment including a mock P&L report and a role play section.

Interview Questions

• General Stars questions, how would you handle this, tell me about a difficult co-worker and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Excessive situation questions that are repeated again and again. Too many people involved in the hiring process. Constant changes in appointments for interviews. Many promises made, and did not share about all of the boards you must go through for any placement

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Naperville, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

pretty simple process. First got a call after I applied online. I had a 1:1 with the recruiter, ask me some questions about my previous jobs and then about 5-6 behavioral based questions (ie tell me a time when...). Next I had a interview in person with the LGM and Operations Manager at the locations. Same style of interview, just a little harder questions. I was asked to give a drug test on-site. Final interview was with the Regional HR people. Same behavioral based questions but this time much tougher.

Interview Questions