CarMax Programmer Interview Questions

Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CarMax in March 2014.

Filled out an online app followed by initial communication with the recruiter, a couple of online tests, and went for an office visit. Traditional drug screening and another computer set of questions that were interesting. No, I have never kidnapped anyone. No, I have not used drugs legal in states that are illegal at the federal level. Things like that.

Interview Questions
  • Cafeteria food was not amazing and made me a little sick. Luckily I powered through and did fine on the interviews anyway.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CarMax in January 2008.

Visited campus, had a 2:1 interview. Basic questions, behavioral. Then a small easy case study I had to do on the spot without a calculator. Then got invited to CarMax for skills test, behavorial interview, piss test, and 3 1:1 interviews. All pretty much the same, technical/behavioral. I was very impressed with the building and facilities. Everyone seemed very nice and the interviews were fair. Asked several IT related questions (what is sql, tell me about a loop, what are stored procedures, indexes, basic programming questions), and I was given a case study in 2 of the 1:1 to do without a calculator. The interviewer just wants to see your thought process in action and see how you would react in a real world sitiuation.

Interview Questions
    NOOO negotiation, CarMax does not haggle.