CarMax Programmer Interview Questions

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CarMax in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online app followed by initial communication with the recruiter, a couple of online tests, and went for an office visit. Traditional drug screening and another computer set of questions that were interesting. No, I have never kidnapped anyone. No, I have not used drugs legal in states that are illegal at the federal level. Things like that.

Interview Questions

• Cafeteria food was not amazing and made me a little sick. Luckily I powered through and did fine on the interviews anyway.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in January 2008.

Interview

Visited campus, had a 2:1 interview. Basic questions, behavioral. Then a small easy case study I had to do on the spot without a calculator. Then got invited to CarMax for skills test, behavorial interview, piss test, and 3 1:1 interviews. All pretty much the same, technical/behavioral. I was very impressed with the building and facilities. Everyone seemed very nice and the interviews were fair. Asked several IT related questions (what is sql, tell me about a loop, what are stored procedures, indexes, basic programming questions), and I was given a case study in 2 of the 1:1 to do without a calculator. The interviewer just wants to see your thought process in action and see how you would react in a real world sitiuation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NOOO negotiation, CarMax does not haggle.