CarMax

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.9

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CarMax.

applied online, received a phone call a few days later. Group interview, asks the group to tell us about ourselves and why we want to be a sales representative. Toured around the facility, and said would call those who had prospects back

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillside, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillside, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CarMax.

Three interviews so do your homework and be able to think quick. You will be interviewed by managers from different departments therefore once again do your homework on the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation because it was a commission position.

Sales Consultant Interview

I arrived on time was introduced to one of the manager,took a basic background check in the computer after that the same person asking a few questions.
    Good atmosphere and the interview very professional.
    If I get or not the job first impression was great.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how do you get a customer into a specific car.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at CarMax in November 2014.

I didn't even go into the store, my interview was over the phone. A few days later I got an email that said I didn't get the job. She also said that the job was based off of only commission. I didn't like that. Over all I wasn't too bummed that I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CarMax in October 2014.

Took place in a hotel, they were recruiting for a brand new store. I did a panel interview with two managers who were very nice. The entire process took 2 and a half hours. I had to sell a car to them, but they are really looking for conversation with the customer, asking them open ended questions, and at the end ask them if they would like to take a test drive. At the end they discuss if they wanted to hire me and then invited me into another room and offered me a full time position. Lastly they had me take a urine drug test on site, in the hotel (which I thought was weird) but they send it off to a lab.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond with a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It's $12 an hour for the training and $160 per vehicle and there are a few other spiffs

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CarMax.

There are multiple interviews. One phone interview, an in person interview and then the final in person interview is with multiple people from multiple departments within the store location. That final interview will take at least 4 hours of your day, so be prepared to be there for a while if you reach that point in the process

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you had to make an sale to an unsatisfied customer   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at CarMax in September 2014.

10 minute telephone interview. Asked basic background and experience questions. Invited to face-to-face interview. Computer questionnaire on site. Met with three separate interviewers. Sales presentation on car. If they like you then meet with location GM. Job offered. Drug test.

Sales Consultant Interview

Super long process. Mine included an online, phone, computer in store, 1st face-to-face, 2 person interview, roleplay, final interview

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CarMax.

The interview process is completed in one day. If you are called for an interview expect it to last for a couple hours. Also expect to be interviewed by several managers. They are all very nice to try not to be intimidated, they have an outstanding culture.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was they ask you to complete a computer questionnaire prior to the interview, then they ask how many jobs did you have that you did not list. This is to test integrity, again great culture to work for.   Answer Question
    no negotiating the pay is the pay

Sales Consultant Interview

There's pre work to do. They tell you it's an hour interview. If they like you, it's a 3 hour interview and if they don't it's a 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • You need to learn about the car. It's all in your pre work.   Answer Question