CarMax

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Duarte, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CarMax in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process seems to be very involved starting with a long online application, followed by a group meeting to meet Managers from several different departments within the company. Then this is followed by a tour of the facility, all the while the group is being told what a great place Carmax is to work. The tour is followed by a computer questionnaire about how honest you are. After the honesty probe there is a one on one interview. Following the one on one I was invited back for a role play that I haven't completed. After I complete the role play I will update my review.

Interview Question – In the past what did you do to resolve a difficult issue regarding a customer?   View Answer

Lexington, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CarMax in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line, was given a phone interview. Interviewed at dealership. Took a test on line at dealership. Had several 1 on 1's. At one point of the interview. I was asked a certain question and when I replied, I was not believed. The interviewer repeatedly asked for me to clarify my answer. Regardless that I was telling the truth, I could tell he did not believe me. After that I was then taken to the 3rd person, at that time I knew I did not have the job. This person by their account had nothing to do with the actual hiring.

Interview Question – Have I ever had a corrective action and if so, what was it?   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Birmingham, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at CarMax in September 2009.

Interview Details – manager was not professional

Interview Question – Are you familiar with commission sales?   View Answer

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!