CarMax Sales Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duarte, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CarMax in February 2012.

The process seems to be very involved starting with a long online application, followed by a group meeting to meet Managers from several different departments within the company. Then this is followed by a tour of the facility, all the while the group is being told what a great place Carmax is to work. The tour is followed by a computer questionnaire about how honest you are. After the honesty probe there is a one on one interview. Following the one on one I was invited back for a role play that I haven't completed. After I complete the role play I will update my review.

Interview Questions
  • In the past what did you do to resolve a difficult issue regarding a customer?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CarMax in August 2011.

Applied on line, was given a phone interview. Interviewed at dealership. Took a test on line at dealership. Had several 1 on 1's. At one point of the interview. I was asked a certain question and when I replied, I was not believed. The interviewer repeatedly asked for me to clarify my answer. Regardless that I was telling the truth, I could tell he did not believe me. After that I was then taken to the 3rd person, at that time I knew I did not have the job. This person by their account had nothing to do with the actual hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at CarMax in September 2009.

manager was not professional

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with commission sales?   View Answer

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!