CarMax

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CarMax in October 2013.

Interview Details – Started with initial on-line application, resume submission, followed my phone acknowledgement of receipt and scheduling of "phone interview". for following day at 3:00.
By 3:25, and no call, I figured someone had forgotten, or they had changed their mind about me. After 10 minutes on hold and transfers, finally got Sales Manager, who conducted 10 minute interview, sounding positive, and promised to call back withing the next 24-48 hours. Never heard from them again. Given my one (1) mile proximity to the job location, I feel a live interview should have been conducted and would have proven more mutually beneficial in assessing my suitability for the job.

Interview Question – Nothing really tripped me up, other than why I should get the position? Because I am very experienced in dealing with people, am articulate, in good physical condition, good looking, personable, detail oriented.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CarMax in May 2010.

Interview Details – took another personality test, met with other uneducated managers who took themselves too seriously. Very in-depth, not a bad thing,

Interview Question – why carmax?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at CarMax

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CarMax Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by CarMax employees and interview candidates.