CarMax

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.0

Service Consultant Interview

One phone screen by a manager, the. A onsite interview with three different managers,then the next week was asked to do a simulation. The simulation is awkward without clear direction. They give u a sheet of paper to look at for like 10 min with policy's on it. Being that you haven't been trained or know what to expect this is extremely difficult. Also they take way to much of your time in the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Employee in Glencoe, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Glencoe, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CarMax in October 2013.

Started off with a brief phone interview and then an in person interview with 2 manager. In person interview took about 1.5hrs and consisted of "tell us about a time that....." Type questions

Interview Questions
    • Lots of "tell us about a time that....." Type questions   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at CarMax in February 2012.

Interview Questions

I recently applied for Service Consultant for the "Service repair Shop" of Carmax. From what Ive read its more or less a service writer position, I have 18 years experience in Service Management with 2 other major Auto Service company's...on the phone screening I received, I felt as if I was being interrogated in a condescending manner from the Manager that called me...I got a really bad vibe just from the brief phone interview.....Ive been in the auto service business as management for a long time with very credible respectable experience....