CarMax

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CarMax in June 2010.

Interview Details – Extremely through. Although somewhat intimidating, one understood the culture and that only the best would be hired. Very long and tedious

Interview Question – Question on difficulty with prior supervisor and relationship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociation

Virgin, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CarMax in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview withing 7 days of completing the application. I sat down with 2 managers that asked several questions based on thier competency modles. They were looking for very specific answers not a broad or in general answer. I was passed to a 2nd interview with the senior manager who asked a few questions about prior work experience. Lastly I was interviewed by the Regional Vice President who was probed deep into my prior work experience asking quesiont after question. After that i was offered the position and a drug screen.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you gave someone extra responsibility and they failed.
They will ask you questions that you have to admitt fault and humility. Most people dont do very well at them. My advise is think of some very specific answers and tell them what you would do diferently next time.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate pay and they seemed like it was not a good thing to talk about pay

Doral, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CarMax in October 2010.

Interview Details – At first it seem over the top because I had just applied for a part-time sales position. But in the end it was much better because I was offered a management job.

Negotiation Details – well no issues the price was just right

Worked for CarMax? Contribute to the Community!