CarMax Strategy Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

3.3

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I applied through campus recruiting services. I was given a phone call to schedule an interview soon after. I scheduled an interview on campus. It was a 30 minute interview mixed with behavioral questions and two basic math problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

It took almost 4 weeks. The interviewer was nice and talked about his own experience in CarMax. The first 20 mins asked a few behavior questions and followed by a business case. The math was not hard but I didn't think I answered the second one correctly.

Interview Questions

• Why CarMax? Why this role? Tell me how you solved an analystic problem in the past?   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

I only had a phone interview where they start off with a business case and then they describe the company. The business case involved two main questions. They give you a scenario and then they give you some time to work through the problem. The problems are not too hard, but can throw you for a loop if you are not expecting it.

Interview Questions

• The first question was an easy computational one and the last one involved a system of equations to solve for the answer.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied through college job board. Contacted for a phone screen, and then a follow up interview call. The call lasted 1.5 hours, and included a very difficult case study that I wasn't notified about or prepared for. We were instructed not to use a computer or calculator, but the formulas required weren't exactly day to day common. The first half of the phone interview was a basic skills/situational interview.

Interview Questions

• Case study regarding potential locations and statistical returns for two proposed stores   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

I had to take an online assessment which wasn't bad. Then had a first round phone interview. It was about 45 minutes. Started with behavioral questions and ended with a business case. I felt rushed throughout the business case and the interviewer didn't help out with it.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance the amount of customer traffic you receive if you were a manager at a CarMax location?   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied on campus recruiting site and was contacted within a few days to take an online math assessment. After that scheduled an interview on campus for the next week. Overall the initial interview was pretty easy and casual. Half behavioral questions and then one case study. Was invited to come up to corporate for a super interview day and that will happen in the next week or so but as of now all I know of that is that it is a few case studies and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CarMax? Why the strategy analyst role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college, and then they contacted me to do an online assessment that was behavioral and math. I was then contacted for a phone interview that was a case study. I was then invited to their home office in order to partake in a super day with three interviews. These were almost all math problems, some more difficult than others.

Interview Questions

• Various different math problems. There was little behavioral, they mostly care if you can do math on the level necessary for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the strategy analyst summer intern position. The kind of first round was an online exam, and it was about mathematics an statistics. The second round was on-campus interview. The whole process was one hour and it was a combination of behavior and case interview. Be prepare to do some maths problem. It was not hard because the interviewer will go through the problem with you, and he will point out your mistake directly.

Interview Questions

• Can you go through with me about a time when you solve a problem with analytical skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

A thirty minute interview with just a case component. We walked straight into the case.The case is not super difficult and there is a correct answer.There was no behavioral aspect to this interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and about 2 weeks later got a call to schedule an interview. Interview had a brief get to know you period then a really simple case study (there was a correct answer... you will have to do math) and more information about the position. Should hear back in the next few days and if accepted the next step will be a tour of the site culminating with an offer.