CarSense Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CarSense.

Interview

The Interview process at CarSense has been very professional. I saw the available position online and was redirected to the CarSense website to complete the application. The first part of the application was very straight forward. The second part of the application was a list of questions that needed to be filled out and required a fair amount of thought. It was probably the most thorough application that I have ever filed out. The whole interview process is the same way. I can see why they only hire the best and most qualified people for their organization.

I first had a phone interview with the General Sales Manager and set up an interview with the General Manager. The final interview was with the Vice President, General Manager and General Sales Manager. In each interview they really wanted to learn more about me, not only, professionally but, personally as well. Tough questions were asked, but at no point did anyone that I met with make me feel uncomfortable. In fact they made me feel like I was already part of the CarSense family.

If anyone is looking for a professional interview experience, apply to CarSense!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were criticized on the job. What was the basis of the criticism? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Feb 2, 2015VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the post. I am glad you felt the process was professional. We really try and put our applicants at ease right away. I love the quote "In fact they made me feel like I was already part ... More

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CarSense.

Interview

Met with store manager first, then with the regional manager, then with the corporate manager. 3 interviews on 3 different occasions. I thought it was a bit much for the job, but on the other hand, they have good employees

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous sales experience   Answer Question
    • Really wanted to know if I was married, but knew he couldn't ask directly   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, sales consultants all paid in same way

Jan 27, 2015VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Welcome to the team! I am glad to hear it all worked out for you. We do try and conduct interviews with serval different managers, as you stated, we are picky in who we hire. Thanks for the post.

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CarSense.

Interview

The hiring and interview process, albeit a little slow, was much different than any other I have encountered. They wanted to know about me. Of course there were the traditional, "what would you do in this situation" questions, but it was still much different. The interview I had in person was very comfortable, and my phone interview was like having a conversation with a friend after a bit.

Interview Questions

• It was awhile ago, so it is pretty vague. Also, there were quite a few questions that needed more than a short answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't much negotiation, I was pretty excited to get the offer.

Jan 23, 2015VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Glad the interview worked out. Thanks for the feedback. We try and make sure all applicants feel at ease during our interviews- Welcome to the team!

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at CarSense (Hatfield, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process very long and thorough. This company is very culture driven so finding the correct employees is the key to running a successful company. They take care of their own and want to make sure each and every person is interviewed by multiple personnel. The more people that interview the better.

Interview Questions

• What did you like and dislike about your last job   1 Answer

Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CarSense (Hatfield, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewing was great with carsense! All three people I interviewed with made me feel very comfortable and at ease and I was not nervous at all! All 3 interviews were definitely a positive experience. Hands down best interview I have ever had!
    Dress code is more laid back I wore dress pants dress shoes and collared shirt and felt like I was dressed appropriately for position I was going for!

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was one about not following through on a commitment because I know they were really looking for a specific answer but I just could not think of a time when I have not followed through on something I said I would do.   Answer Question

Sep 5, 2014VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Awesome post. We really try to make everyone we interview feel comfortable during the process. Thank you for the positive feedback and welcome to the team!

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CarSense (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

1st contact was a phone interview basically asking about myself. Not a long interview but very friendly and warm. Second interview was a sit down with Jason. I can't say how amazing this experience was. It was like sitting down with old friends and catching up. Never once did it feel like a corporate interview. From the time I walked in until I walked out it was amazing. Everyone said hello offered me anything I may need. Overall amazing. The third interview was with Kirk. Again an amazing experience. Speaking with him was very easy and you could sense his passion for not only his company but for people and employees In general. Having never met any of these amazing people prior to my interview I can say. These people are the best and truly care about this business. I'm thankful for having met them.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Nov 19, 2014VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the feedback. We were going for "an amazing experience" LOL... Not sure if a offer ever came at a later time, but we really appreciate your comments.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

I had bought a car here and learned from the sales person I bought a car from that they were hiring. I went in the next day for an interview and it was professional but just casual enough to be a comfortable experience. I got the job that day and it's been a joy ever since.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Dec 29, 2014VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the post. Glad to hear you felt comfortable during the interview and were made an offer. Welcome to the team!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CarSense (Robinson, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. I was first contacted by Kirk for a brief phone interview confirming my interest in CarSense. we then scheduled an interview where I met with Tim and Kirk. We spoke at length about my work history and Kirk informed me about the positions available at CarSense. We met several times over the course of two weeks where I also met with Senior Management. The experience was great and I feel that Kirk does a good job in hiring associates that fit the CarSense culture.

Interview Questions

• I was most intrigued with them wanting to know more about my relationship with my parents and siblings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise others to be fair about their expectations on salary requirements. There is room for advancement and the company is very appreciative and rewarding for a job well done.

Dec 29, 2014VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the feedback. We try and do our best to make sure we have a fit with each position. Sounds like the interviews went well.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CarSense (Cranberry, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I initially got a call from Tim on Monday asking me questions about my interest in CarSense and we discussed my resume, future plans, and what could I offer CarSense if I were employed there. Tuesday morning I met with Tim and Kirk and it was about a 20 minute brief informal interview. They asked general questions regarding previous work history and personality traits.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions to be difficult or unexpected. They just wanted you to be honest and see if you were a match to work in the CarSense organization.   1 Answer

Dec 29, 2014VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the post. No smoke and mirrors here. We really just want to get to know all applicants and see if there is a fit. Thanks

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CarSense (Cranberry, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Filled out lengthy application online. Received a call from Ryan. Got a face to face in a meeting room with considerable distance between us. He had my resume on hand and took lots of notes as he went line by line and questioned me on it. He asked what I could bring to the company and such. He also asked if Ive ever had to meet sales goal or deadlines. Then he asked if I had any questions for him. I had quite a few and he answered all of them, even the ones that pertain to company performance and marketing which surprised me.

Interview Questions

• There was a few bizarre questions to be honest. I was asked what kind of relationship I have /had with my parents and if i still talked to them.   1 Answer

Jan 23, 2015VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry it did not work out this time for you. Best of luck in the future.