Caradigm Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caradigm in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was so professional and had back to back follow up when the schedule changes which followed by the screening by Director, mainly targeted a design question 'get the most tweeted movies in the last 24 hours in twitter' which is an apt question that simulates how their 'Healthcare Analytics'. The white board question was to find the one missing number between ordered series X1 through X2. I had the onesite interview soon which is really helped me to understand the company well. All engineers that I met are really professional, they all like their work the most and explained in detailed about current work, future etc. Was asked to validate the parenthesis in an expression, convert roman to decimal, design a vending machine that takes orders and serve it, duplicate a linked list etc. I wish could join as one of them but things didn't work :-(

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caradigm (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Typical Microsoft-style interview loop - full day, six interviewers, about an hour or so per interviewer. Combination of technical, business, and personal questions. For my position, quite a bit of focus on understanding software design and implementation details, as well as SDLC approaches.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a single question as a debate regarding design pattern choices and implementation details.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. Straightforward annual salary offer, benefits (at the time) commensurate with Microsoft benefits package.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Caradigm in April 2014.

Interview

I put in a resume online and was contacted about 2-3 weeks later via email from an HR recruiter.
    After the initial HR phone screen, I was told I would move forward to a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Some SQL questions and OOP questions (basic concepts). There was also a short case question. I was asked to tell the interviewer possible test cases and how I would go about testing the product described.
      Some behavioral/personal questions in there too. I was interviewed by 2 full time software engineers.

1 Answer

Another software engineering internship offer was a better fit for me.

Applications Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caradigm in March 2014.

Interview

Very smart team, all true advocates of the company. streamlined and efficient process. used standard loop interview cycle. Several calls with the recruiter, several calls with the management team as well as senior leadership and then a 6 person loop interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you penetrate a customer that already has one of our competitors solutions in place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caradigm (Bellevue, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

One day 2 hours in 2 phases.

The first hour was an interview with someone who was not prepared or aware of what my resume actually said. He had no questions for me and no goal. I had to fill the hour with a discussion of things I had done before just to make it though the hour.

The second hour was with with someone who appeared to have an agenda and asked a simple compression algorithm question. While I wrote the code, the parameters of the question continued to change the actual problem. It ultimately came down to the interviewer wanting me to implement his solution instead of me answering the question.

The two people interviewing me should not be allowed to interview.

Interview Questions

• Having to fill an hour talking about my previous work history without any input or feedback from the person interviewing me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caradigm (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I contacted the hiring manager from "the inside" -- they all sit in one of the buildings on the Microsoft campus and got an invitation for an informal interview pretty quickly. The "informational" interview turned into a technical one after literally less than a minute of mumbling about "the new era of opportunities".

The guy then shoved a sheet of paper to me (without any warning) and said: "I need a singleton, thread-safe singleton." Any attempt to clarify the requirements were met with silence and the same phrase repeated again and again: "Thread-safe singleton, please".

I produced the double-lock based solution (an absolutely correct one) and received zero feedback. I mean it - NO feedback at all; the guy just looked at the sheet, put it aside and shoved another one saying: "You've got a matrix, you walk down, up and right. We need a path -- from here to there." And then he turned his back to me and start typing something in Outlook, as if I wasn't there.

Interview Questions

• Matrix navigation -- due to the poor definition of the task.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caradigm (Bellevue, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted by the phone - went for in-person screening, followed by email coding and final in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Design a system to retrieve nearby attractions using current GPS coordinates. How to organize data for fast lockups, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caradigm (Murray, UT).

Interview

I transitioned from GE Healthcare into Caradigm. At GE Healthcare, the interview was easy. I was asked to work on a problem 7 days before the interview, which I suppose to demonstrate on the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Testing details of a content based system. This went too deep.   Answer Question