Carahsoft

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.4

Web Designer/Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Carahsoft.

Didn't bother to email me to set up a time. I had sent in the application late the night before, called me the next day. I only got a screening as they seemed more interested in me starting ASAP, but I had prior obligations that prevented me from doing so. Told me to contact back after said obligations. Seemed more interested in being able to relocate to NOVA. Mentioned that there was low turnover but they hired lots of entry levels with ability to move upward in the company (strange since low turnover means you can't move up as much)

Account Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carahsoft.

Initial phone call from an internal recruiter where you do a basic phone screen/interview. Then I went in the office for an interview where I was supposed to meet four people, only one showed up. Then i interviewed with the director of the team I was to be placed on.

no room for negotiation.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carahsoft in December 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter hours later. We set up a phone interview for the following day. I called her at the agreed upon time, only to receive her voice mail. I tried again ten minutes later. There was little discussion about my actual resume. She asked what I had been doing since I graduated and asked, in detail, the names of other places I applied to and why those interviews hadn't panned out. I thought that was a little intrusive...she also seemed very keen about how I would relocate to Reston, VA. ("How would you commute?", "Would you be able to travel from your current city to Reston?", "How long would that take?") The recruiter also described the different departments at Carahsoft (sales, marketing, operations, etc) and then asked which one I could see myself in. I found this odd because if I wanted to be in a certain department, I would have applied for that. When I talked about my interest in marketing (which was what this particular job was about after all), she kept telling me how great the sales team was and how they get to dabble in a little bit of everything. After talking for about 25 minutes, she said she would email me an application and we would discuss it more thoroughly by phone next week. I never received the application. I called her to ask about it but she never called back. After that, I wasn't even interested anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what other organizations you've applied for and why/why not you've received any offers?   Answer Question

Sales Account Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Carahsoft.

Pretty standard interview process. 2 phone screenings about 15 mins each, brought in for face to face interview with the team that you would be working with. Waiting to hear back from that interview.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview process moved quickly. Three rounds where you meet different team members each time. You meet with each team member individually and are asked the same questions by each. For the most part the interview process is very casual. They ask the typical interview question: strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft in September 2014.

I was contacted the day after I applied online. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter, and then I went in for 2 separate in person interviews and did another phone interview with the VP. Everyone was very nice and supportive - especially the recruiter. There is a writing test and you need to have a marketing portfolio. They also are very quick with the process and I found out the day after my last interview. I'm ecstatic to start working there!

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. Know why you want to work for Carahsoft and be confident.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

You will come in for your first interview and be interviewed by a member of the team that you are behing recruited for. They will ask you a series of run of the mill interview questions and if they like you they will bring in a second member of the team. They will repeat this process to get as much feedback from the team as possible.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, standard pay of 28k plus $500 a month bonus for everyone.

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carahsoft.

I had two phone interviews. Unlike other companies, they didn't set up specific time to talk. They basically asked questions like how experienced are you with sales, why do you want to do sales, and how would be a perfect fit for the company.. things like that.. pretty simple!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

Initially you'll hear from a recruiter on the phone, who will introduce themselves and ask about you, and then schedule your first interview. You'll come in and meet the director of the team you're interviewing for, plus 1-2 other people from the team. You'll hear from the recruiter again, and repeat the process for 1-2 more interviews. Once they have decided to hire you, you'll get a call to come in and meet with your director/manager to go over your contract.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer "why government IT sales?" Recruiter who contacts you will fill you in extremely well - you'll feel prepared.   Answer Question

Sales Representstive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft in April 2014.

interview process was different from most as you spend some time with the recruitment department getting to know Carahsoft and the culture. Its less of a "grilling me" interview and more making sure your career goals line up with the Carahsoft promotion path. I felt well prepared to interview with the managers

Interview Questions
    • There was a heavy emphasis on "Why sales" and the sales teams at Carahsoft. The technology is impressive and I was unsure if I was tech savvy enough.   View Answer