Carahsoft

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.5

Sales Account Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Carahsoft.

Pretty standard interview process. 2 phone screenings about 15 mins each, brought in for face to face interview with the team that you would be working with. Waiting to hear back from that interview.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview process moved quickly. Three rounds where you meet different team members each time. You meet with each team member individually and are asked the same questions by each. For the most part the interview process is very casual. They ask the typical interview question: strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft in September 2014.

I was contacted the day after I applied online. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter, and then I went in for 2 separate in person interviews and did another phone interview with the VP. Everyone was very nice and supportive - especially the recruiter. There is a writing test and you need to have a marketing portfolio. They also are very quick with the process and I found out the day after my last interview. I'm ecstatic to start working there!

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. Know why you want to work for Carahsoft and be confident.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

You will come in for your first interview and be interviewed by a member of the team that you are behing recruited for. They will ask you a series of run of the mill interview questions and if they like you they will bring in a second member of the team. They will repeat this process to get as much feedback from the team as possible.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, standard pay of 28k plus $500 a month bonus for everyone.

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carahsoft.

I had two phone interviews. Unlike other companies, they didn't set up specific time to talk. They basically asked questions like how experienced are you with sales, why do you want to do sales, and how would be a perfect fit for the company.. things like that.. pretty simple!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

Initially you'll hear from a recruiter on the phone, who will introduce themselves and ask about you, and then schedule your first interview. You'll come in and meet the director of the team you're interviewing for, plus 1-2 other people from the team. You'll hear from the recruiter again, and repeat the process for 1-2 more interviews. Once they have decided to hire you, you'll get a call to come in and meet with your director/manager to go over your contract.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer "why government IT sales?" Recruiter who contacts you will fill you in extremely well - you'll feel prepared.   Answer Question

Sales Representstive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft in April 2014.

interview process was different from most as you spend some time with the recruitment department getting to know Carahsoft and the culture. Its less of a "grilling me" interview and more making sure your career goals line up with the Carahsoft promotion path. I felt well prepared to interview with the managers

Interview Questions
    • There was a heavy emphasis on "Why sales" and the sales teams at Carahsoft. The technology is impressive and I was unsure if I was tech savvy enough.   View Answer

Sales Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

Had multiple interviews over the phone before the personal interviews.
    The personal interviews lasted 1 and a half hours to two hours. And there were 2 days of personal interviews.
    They were repetitive and slightly

Interview Questions
    • They will explain how carahsoft works and what your team does, and you will need to remember what they say and relay it back to them.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, no repayment for commuting, and no compensation if you relocate.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft in October 2013.

The process was very standard. Applied, a few emails, then a phone interview. I completed two phone interviews. The phone interview with HR was pretty standard. The down side was she did not have a very good understanding of the position. I felt like a clear explanation of a day in the life of ... was lacking. She also seemed very unprepared to call me, a lot of um's, excuse me, where were we. I was on hold for 15 minutes in the middle.

In the second phone interview a few questions were answered, but the interviewer was very focused on my ability to relocate to Northern Virginia. That could be hard, considering the cost of living and the fact that they only offer 30k before tax to start. I felt like they questioned my ability to understand how to relocate. This really bothered me. I earned a Bachelor's degree, I think I know how to move.
    Overall, I was not impressed and got discouraged with the outlook with Carahsoft.

Government Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carahsoft.

My experience throughout the hiring process was good for the most part. It took longer than expected which was surprising, I had talked to a couple different recruiters and the process took a few weeks. We talked a few times about positions because I was unsure of what direction I wanted to take my career path and the recruiters really took the time to walk me through the duties and responsibilities of the different positions as well as went into what I liked and what I was good at to find what was right for me. Most of the process was over the phone but I went in for two interviews and was offered the position!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions for me were the questions about determining what I wanted to do for my career. This was difficult because I had no idea where I wanted to go and there were a few avenues I could choose. The recruiter was really helpful but asked tough questions.   Answer Question