Carat Interview Questions

2.6

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carat in June 2014.

Fast turnaround on interview and offer! I applied via a referral and was called within a week. I met several people and was able to get a clear idea of the role and company

straight forward

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Carat.

I was called in within a few weeks of submitting my resume online. I has a meeting with three people on the team. The people interviewing me did not seem very experienced with interviews and made some odd comments. The second person to interview me asked if I was looking elsewhere and I replied yes, to which he replied "good". Awkward experience overall.

Assistant Communication Planner and Digital Acitivation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carat in May 2014.

Interview was set up through email. The interview was short (30 minutes each) two individuals from two different teams in the account. One person plays the 'bad' cop, the other the nice relaxed cop. Try to impress the 'bad' cop as hard as you can, but don't waste time.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to say meaningful things. Wasting time to add a question just for the sake of asking a question is a no no here. Think of a meaningful question that relates to the account.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Carat.

5 interviews, multiple levels of planning department.

Painless

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carat.

I was referred by a friend and contacted by HR a few days later. Filled out a general online application and was contacted for an interview about 3 weeks later. Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Speak to your previous experience on your resume? Why media? Are you familiar with some of the media tools in the industry? Strengths/weaknesses? Are you a team player?   View Answers (3)
    They gave me a few days to think the offer through.

Assistant Buyer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Carat.

The interview was very laid back. I met with several different account managers for the same position. The same questions were asked by each account manager, so it became very mundane. I was asked questions such as:
    - why do you want to be in media buying?
    - What is your favorite TV show?
    - Why should we hire you?
    -What would you say are your strengths?

Associate, SEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carat.

Got a phone call from the recruiter- it was for a different position than I applied for which annoys the hell out of me. If I wanted a different position, i would have applied for it myself. She says shell set up an interview, but forgets about me for 2 weeks until I email her to remind her that I still exist and am waiting. Go to the interview. 3/4 managers are very nice. the 4th however, a woman, was completely rude and out of line. Aparently since i dont design macros on Excel, I'm not qualified to do something i've been doing as an expert for 3 years. She kept asking me questions that were very particular, setting me up to fail, and then asked me how old I was (which is so illegal and rude) and said oh! I'm the same age...no, I'm a year younger than you. She says, did you go to college long? (5 years instead of 4) insinuating that I was stupid or slow, and I said No, we have a co-op program and go 5 years. She rudely states she other "more important" things to do and leaves without asking me if I had any questions. I would never want to work with someone like that. Let alone, to be my supervisor. She ruined the entire experience and I would never take a job there no matter how much money they offered.

Interview Questions
    • What tools do you use on third party software to build a campaign   View Answer

terrible rude illegal supervisor

Intern Interview

2 phone interviews and an essay on what my favorite media plan was and why.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carat in May 2013.

Straightforward. Interviewed directly with Supervisor first through Employee Referral. Hired within 3 days after interview. Basic interview questions about past experiences. They want someone who has interest in learning more.

Unable to negotiate.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

General behavioral q's, nothing technical, but I had a connection to the agency.