Carat Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.6

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carat in May 2013.

Straightforward. Interviewed directly with Supervisor first through Employee Referral. Hired within 3 days after interview. Basic interview questions about past experiences. They want someone who has interest in learning more.

Unable to negotiate.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Carat in June 2014.

Fast turnaround on interview and offer! I applied via a referral and was called within a week. I met several people and was able to get a clear idea of the role and company

straight forward

Assistant Communication Planner and Digital Acitivation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Carat in May 2014.

Interview was set up through email. The interview was short (30 minutes each) two individuals from two different teams in the account. One person plays the 'bad' cop, the other the nice relaxed cop. Try to impress the 'bad' cop as hard as you can, but don't waste time.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to say meaningful things. Wasting time to add a question just for the sake of asking a question is a no no here. Think of a meaningful question that relates to the account.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Media Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Carat in January 2012.

The interview process was pretty status quo. Laid back and no real tough questions were asked of me. Could tell this was a great place to work and had lots of big name clients. The interview process was pretty status quo. Laid back and no real tough questions were asked of me. Could tell this was a great place to work and had lots of big name clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Carat.

I was called in within a few weeks of submitting my resume online. I has a meeting with three people on the team. The people interviewing me did not seem very experienced with interviews and made some odd comments. The second person to interview me asked if I was looking elsewhere and I replied yes, to which he replied "good". Awkward experience overall.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Carat.

5 interviews, multiple levels of planning department.

Painless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carat.

I was referred by a friend and contacted by HR a few days later. Filled out a general online application and was contacted for an interview about 3 weeks later. Received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Speak to your previous experience on your resume? Why media? Are you familiar with some of the media tools in the industry? Strengths/weaknesses? Are you a team player?   View Answers (3)
    They gave me a few days to think the offer through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carat in December 2012.

Had a friend through school give my resume to HR, got a call a day later and interviewed that week. Interviewed with 4 groups of people, after which HR told me to expect a call soon, that the outlook was good. The interview took place right before Christmas break so it took just over a week to get the call, but offered me the job and said I had until EOD to get back with them. I knew I wanted it but others I'm sure would like more than 5 hours to think it over.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really tough, I had some experience in the industry so I knew the basics. The position was entry-level so the questions were pretty standard about media and advertising.   View Answer
    No negotiation, you have until EOD to get back. No time to get a counter from your current employer. Negotiations don't take place until Supervisor level from what I've heard.

Assistant Buyer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Carat.

The interview was very laid back. I met with several different account managers for the same position. The same questions were asked by each account manager, so it became very mundane. I was asked questions such as:
    - why do you want to be in media buying?
    - What is your favorite TV show?
    - Why should we hire you?
    -What would you say are your strengths?

Associate, SEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Carat.

Got a phone call from the recruiter- it was for a different position than I applied for which annoys the hell out of me. If I wanted a different position, i would have applied for it myself. She says shell set up an interview, but forgets about me for 2 weeks until I email her to remind her that I still exist and am waiting. Go to the interview. 3/4 managers are very nice. the 4th however, a woman, was completely rude and out of line. Aparently since i dont design macros on Excel, I'm not qualified to do something i've been doing as an expert for 3 years. She kept asking me questions that were very particular, setting me up to fail, and then asked me how old I was (which is so illegal and rude) and said oh! I'm the same age...no, I'm a year younger than you. She says, did you go to college long? (5 years instead of 4) insinuating that I was stupid or slow, and I said No, we have a co-op program and go 5 years. She rudely states she other "more important" things to do and leaves without asking me if I had any questions. I would never want to work with someone like that. Let alone, to be my supervisor. She ruined the entire experience and I would never take a job there no matter how much money they offered.

Interview Questions
    • What tools do you use on third party software to build a campaign   View Answer

terrible rude illegal supervisor

Worked for Carat? Contribute to the Community!