Carat

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Communication Planner and Digital Acitivation Interview

Assistant Communication Planner and Digital Acitivation
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Carat in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was set up through email. The interview was short (30 minutes each) two individuals from two different teams in the account. One person plays the 'bad' cop, the other the nice relaxed cop. Try to impress the 'bad' cop as hard as you can, but don't waste time.

Interview Question – Trying to say meaningful things. Wasting time to add a question just for the sake of asking a question is a no no here. Think of a meaningful question that relates to the account.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Media Buyer Interview

Media Buyer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Carat in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty status quo. Laid back and no real tough questions were asked of me. Could tell this was a great place to work and had lots of big name clients. The interview process was pretty status quo. Laid back and no real tough questions were asked of me. Could tell this was a great place to work and had lots of big name clients.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Carat.

Interview Details – I was called in within a few weeks of submitting my resume online. I has a meeting with three people on the team. The people interviewing me did not seem very experienced with interviews and made some odd comments. The second person to interview me asked if I was looking elsewhere and I replied yes, to which he replied "good". Awkward experience overall.

Interview Question – Why Media   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Carat.

Interview Details – 5 interviews, multiple levels of planning department.

Interview Question – How is convergence shaping your planning?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Painless

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carat.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and contacted by HR a few days later. Filled out a general online application and was contacted for an interview about 3 weeks later. Received an offer the next day.

Interview Question – Speak to your previous experience on your resume? Why media? Are you familiar with some of the media tools in the industry? Strengths/weaknesses? Are you a team player?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They gave me a few days to think the offer through.

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carat in December 2012.

Interview Details – Had a friend through school give my resume to HR, got a call a day later and interviewed that week. Interviewed with 4 groups of people, after which HR told me to expect a call soon, that the outlook was good. The interview took place right before Christmas break so it took just over a week to get the call, but offered me the job and said I had until EOD to get back with them. I knew I wanted it but others I'm sure would like more than 5 hours to think it over.

Interview Question – Nothing was really tough, I had some experience in the industry so I knew the basics. The position was entry-level so the questions were pretty standard about media and advertising.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you have until EOD to get back. No time to get a counter from your current employer. Negotiations don't take place until Supervisor level from what I've heard.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

The process took a day - interviewed at Carat.

Interview Details – The interview was very laid back. I met with several different account managers for the same position. The same questions were asked by each account manager, so it became very mundane. I was asked questions such as:
- why do you want to be in media buying?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Why should we hire you?
-What would you say are your strengths?

Interview Question – I do not think any question was too difficult.   Answer Question

Associate, SEM Interview

Associate, SEM
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Carat.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the recruiter- it was for a different position than I applied for which annoys the hell out of me. If I wanted a different position, i would have applied for it myself. She says shell set up an interview, but forgets about me for 2 weeks until I email her to remind her that I still exist and am waiting. Go to the interview. 3/4 managers are very nice. the 4th however, a woman, was completely rude and out of line. Aparently since i dont design macros on Excel, I'm not qualified to do something i've been doing as an expert for 3 years. She kept asking me questions that were very particular, setting me up to fail, and then asked me how old I was (which is so illegal and rude) and said oh! I'm the same age...no, I'm a year younger than you. She says, did you go to college long? (5 years instead of 4) insinuating that I was stupid or slow, and I said No, we have a co-op program and go 5 years. She rudely states she other "more important" things to do and leaves without asking me if I had any questions. I would never want to work with someone like that. Let alone, to be my supervisor. She ruined the entire experience and I would never take a job there no matter how much money they offered.

Interview Question – What tools do you use on third party software to build a campaign   View Answer

Reason for Declining – terrible rude illegal supervisor

A/P Supervisor Interview

A/P Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Carat in April 2012.

Interview Details – Online resume submission, in-person interview, background check

Interview Question – You've been at your current job a long time and want to leave, do you really hate your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation - this was an entry level position

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Carat

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and an essay on what my favorite media plan was and why.

Interview Question – Biggest failure at a past job and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carat interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carat employees and interview candidates.