Carbonite

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.7

Technical Support - Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carbonite in May 2014.

I was hoping for a complete career change, but they really seemed to dig for personality and attitude problems, and I really bombed the whole experience. My first visit for a test was very friendly and positive, so I was pretty relaxed going into the actual interview; the second one, I felt like they were on the offense, trying to find something wrong. I've never had someone probe "what I meant" by an answer. One of the interviewers looked down the whole time and didn't make eye contact, which was very unnerving.

Interview Questions
    • Asked several questions about instances where I had disagreed with others and how I'd handled it.   View Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carbonite in December 2013.

I saw one of the recruiters business cards at a local career center and gave him a call. I was pleasantly surprised when he answered and I was not directed to voicemail. He pulled up my profile and resume and emailed me a link to testing and a new application. I completed them within the hour and called back as instructed to setup a time for a phone interview, when I called back the recruiter was available right that moment, he asked several customer service oriented questions and told me he was happy to push me through for a 1 on 1 interview first thing the next morning, and that a new training class was starting in 5 days.

Interview Questions
    Wil update afeter in person interview tomorrow.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carbonite in December 2013.

Contacted by an internal recruiter after what I assumed was a resume screen. After passing that, I spoke with the hiring manager for yet another screening. I was then invited to the office for a round of interviewing. The team was very flexible. Getting to the office is a bit complicated, but once there I was ushered into a conference room with my first interviewer. I spoke to a person who would be a colleague, I spoke to the hiring manager, and then I had a 2 person interview with people on a related team. While the first 2 people I spoke to were very pleasant, the second 2 were not; it was almost as my being there was inconveniencing them. After that I was escorted out with no word about follow up. Received an email a week or so later saying that they were going forward with someone more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Comment on your process when working in a project team.   Answer Question

Agile Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carbonite in May 2012.

Applied through their website and in 2 days HR person contacted. Process was very quick but interviewer was really robotic and not friendly at all. I am actually over qualified for the position. When ask from why does he love working for Carbonite? He blacked out.

First impression is the last one. I am looking for a change in job and I personally believe Carbonite should get the correct people involve in their recruitment process.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

interviewed at Carbonite in July 2011.

Start-up in Maine requiring fast ramp-up of call center staff to field calls, chats and emails from global customer base. Interview process was two-phased; first interview was by phone with HR recruiter, next interview was in person with VP of customer care. Questions were reasonable and relevant. Process was respectful and streamlined. Offer came within two days of interview. Training began almost immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Have you every had an ethical conflict with a work peer, and if so, how did you handle it? (Example given was "you observe peer doing something very wrong...".   Answer Question
    There was no option to negotiate at that phase of the company's ramp-up. I was satisfied that I was offered employment with excellent benefits.

Small Business Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carbonite in June 2011.

Overall good experience with the interview even though I didn't get the position. I was a little underqualified for the role and was told I need to work on my interview skills. Had 2 phone interviews, then was brought in for a face to face meeting. The company seems like a good place to work. Young, fresh, innovative & current.

Interview Questions
    • Provide some examples of B2B marketing that you've done in your current role.   Answer Question

BI Developer Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carbonite.

the process begins by submitting the CV at a career fair and then applying on their website as well after which you get to hear back from the recruiter and are asked to interview on campus, the interview is a 1-1 interview with several questions, mix of professional fit and technical questions

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Carbonite in October 2012.

Started off with a phone screening. Then another. Then visited the office twice and met with about seven people total -- senior, junior, from several teams. Lots of questions about product management techniques, user experience, working with teams in my current role. Very specific for what was, essentially a junior title. After four very strong rounds and good feedback, an HR contact sent a message that my experience wasn't close enough to the "direction they were taking the role," without much fan fair. Still not sure what that meant.

Interview Questions
    • "We just purchased X company, and they do Y. Without knowing anything else, what would you do with their product?"   Answer Question

Technical Customer Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carbonite in June 2011.

Interviewer was not interested in my expertise, credentials or career goals. Seem only to want to hear me up-sell the company to him, and tell him how I've always wanted to work at Carbonite. I had only recently heard of Carbonite because they had moved their operations to Maine about a month or two before I applied there. And although I had applied specifically for a TECHNICAL customer support position, he proceeded to tell me that if those positions were no longer available, I would be hired for the basic customer support; i. e. helping customers with billing and selling Carbonite's services. When I told him that a sale position was not what I applied for, the interviewer got huffy with me.

My favorite part of the interview was how the interviewer asked me this question:

Definitely a waste of a 20-25 minute phone conversation.

Interview Questions
    • "I have 700 applicants to interview today. Why should you be considered over them?"   View Answer