Cardiac Science Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Senior Project Engineer
Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cardiac Science Corporation in June 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on-line to a related position, and through discussions with local (Seattle area) senior management decided to pursue a management position in California. I had a lengthy phone interview with the hiring manager in California, followed by in person interviews with the CEO and division VP. Neither interview was particularly grueling, these were "get to know you" conversations.

Interview Question – The most difficult discussion involved describing technical problems I had solved in the past. The question was posed as a a request to "describe a difficult technical problem you faced, the issue and how the problem was resolved."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was good, I negotiated additional benefits and flexibility in relocation.

Scheduler & Program Coordinator Interview

Scheduler & Program Coordinator
Bothell, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cardiac Science Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and an in-person interview, both with upper management and the in-person was off-site. I did not tour the office location until I was offered the position and met with HR to discuss the offer. I did not meet with my direct supervisor until my first day of work - I should have known something what's right. There was also an obvious attempt to hide the reason why the previous employee had left.

The interviews themselves were pretty standard and laid back. I had no problem getting the position, as I was very qualified for it. No surprised questions or "games".

Interview Question – Very standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was initially told during my phone interview that there would be an opportunity for salary negotiation, but when it came time for the offer, I found out that this wasn't true. The hourly rate was set and there was no room for negotiation.

Proposal Writer Interview

Proposal Writer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cardiac Science Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, more than an hour long (went longer than planned). Lots of questions about what my needs were at the company. Asked me if I was okay working with someone with a strong personality.

Interview Question – Do you have experience working on Federal bids?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't try because they had already upgraded the position to match my experience level.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cardiac Science Corporation in December 2007.

Interview Details – Was very dry

Interview Question – Experiences   View Answer

Worked for Cardiac Science Corporation? Contribute to the Community!