Cardiff University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cardiff University in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online to a Research Associate position for an EPRSC project (a research funding agency from the UK). A few weeks after the closing date, I received an invitation for an Skype interview with a panel of three people.

The interview was nice, mostly a background check and questions about how would I solve some of the technical problems that could arise during the project

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation (salary was fixed) except regarding the starting date (I was able to delay it by 1 month)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cardiff University in April 2011.

Interview Details – Shortly after the closing date I've got an interview invitation that included travel expenses (always a plus). The interview was with a pannel of three people including an admin person and two scientist one of them the programme leader. The interview was very relaxed and easy, no tough questions, they were more interested in an informal chat and get to know you than anything else.
Some examples:
1. Talk a bit about your CV and how do you think your experience fits with the position
2. Example of a difficult situation that involved team work, how did you contributed...
3. What my co-workers will say about me?
4. Computing skills specialy about excel. They ask me about what excel macros are.
5. What keeps me motivated?
6. What do you know about the human papiloma virus?
7. Career plans and objectives
8. Explain what is your understanding of the project you will be involved in
8. Reasons for applying for the job. They challenge my reasons for applying to the job asking me repeatdely about routinary work.
9. Hobbies

Very predecible questions

Interview Question – Coming from a different area of research, why are you interested in this topic and how do you think your previous experience prepares you for this job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cardiff University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cardiff University interview questions and advice in Cardiff, Wales. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cardiff University employees and interview candidates.