Cardinal Health

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dublin, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in October 2012.

Interview Details – I played phone tag for over one week with human resources. I was first told I had a job offer and after the fact I had to interview with over 8 people. My start date was delayed day by day for almost one week due to poor leadership communication/follow thru.

Negotiation Details – no problem. I was told I was well within the guidelines and after I was hired I was told multiple times by my supervisor I made too much money.

Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in October 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted application along with Resume. Received an email within 2 weeks and a followup call from an HR staffing associate. She asked some quick high-level questions including salary/benefits requirements. Received an email the following week with interview details. The first interview was with the hiring manager and a possible peer. I did well enough to receive a 2nd interview with hiring manager, BB, Director and VP of the business unit.

Interview Question – Highlight knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, tools used when, where and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the 2nd interview I received an offer to which I rejected and counter-offered. They rejected and countered my offer, I accepted. I was given a hair drug test and started 2 weeks later.

Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in May 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from the HR recruiter to confirm interviews to be scheduled. Scheduled 3 separate half hour interviews initially. First interview was with the hiring manager. The second interview was with two employees that would be working closely with the hired role. And the third interview was with a manager of a different team that would be working closely with the hired role. All the interviews pertained to discussions about work in my current position with Cardinal and what would be expected in the new role. 2 weeks after the inital round of interviews a final half hour interview was setup with the Director of the team the role would be hired for. The interview was very similar in discussion with the others. 2 weeks later, I received a phone call from the HR recruiter with an offer.

Interview Question – Given your experience and what you have learned about what is expected of the role, how would go about initially improving the current process?   Answer Question

Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in July 2010.

Interview Details – If you have someone on the inside and you have the talent that they are seeking the interview process is a relatively easy process.

Had 1 phone interview that asked simple screening questions. Nothing related to specifics of skill sets.

Had a in person interview with a Director and Supervisor. Went well asked generic questions regarding IT processes and SDLC with limited questions on technology. This caught me off guard as this has never occurred. Realized that they had no talent in the realm I was being interviewed for and skated through the interview.

Be prepared for a slight air of arrogance from those interviewing if they are in management and could be a long-time employee. Otherwise easy going but professional interview.

Note - I interview now and test your skills that may be listed on one's resume. So don't take my example as the norm.

Interview Question – If you are asked to make something written on a napkin how do you make sure the requesting individual get's what is expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. Number did not hit exactly what I desired but close enough. If you rationalize why you need x compensation they will try to meet it.

Dublin, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cardinal Health in June 2010.

Interview Details – first i had 2 brief phone interview. For onsite, there are 4 people interviewed me. Including behavior question, case study, SAS code exam and write SAS code on white board

Interview Question – why change your major   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cardinal Health

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!

Cardinal Health Videos

Cardinal Health – Why Work for Us?

Cardinal Health, Inc. is a Fortune 19 company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cardinal Health Consultant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cardinal Health employees and interview candidates.