Cardinal Health Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Asked questions in 2 back to back thirty minute interview, one by a HR staff and the other by the CFO.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of situational questions, not many techquestions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cardinal Health

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Honestly, the people working at the career fair booths were not the most personable and did not seem to like their jobs, which was thankfully not characteristic of the rest of the company. Applied on their website and then received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone call was a basic interview, asking what I knew about the company, why I was interested in the internship, what I do to stay organized, etc. Shortly thereafter I received an email saying I was invited to the final round at their headquarters in Dublin, OH which were 2 weeks later. They do not reimburse you for travel or hotel for the final round. There was a group of about 20-30 other students all interviewing for different internships with the company. They began by introducing us to the company and giving us advice for how to handle our interview (i.e. be honest) and then we had four 30 minute interviews in a row. The next Monday I received a phone call from College relations with an offer. You will be asked to complete a drug test where they take hair samples and my year someone had their offer revoked because they failed the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, nothing really out of the blue. Did ask if there was a particular trait you don't like in other people   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Quick interview process led by senior finance managers (take advantage of the chance to ask questions...smart people with strong experience). Two back-to-back interviews in one day with a response within the week. 2-weeks to respond to offer. There was a pre-interview presentation the night before where the recruiting team and current employees explain the EMERGE rotational program, their experience, and Cardinal's background to candidates.

I thought all the questions were fair game, but a lot of other candidates I spoke to felt that the questions were harder than average. Do research. Be interested. Show your curiosity. Helps if you are passionate about the field / have interest in healthcare.

Interview Questions
    • "Manager asks for help to improve margins. How would you make a recommendation?"
      This is a mini, no-numbers case question. It helps to have gone through a case interview. Be structured and answer the right question (i.e., improve margin means don't focus recommendation on sales growth/increasing volume ... unless that affects your margin through scale). On structure, think in tree charts - i.e., price and unit cost. Dive a level deeper into each without jumping around too much. Give examples but structure your answer.

"Tell me something that surprised you about the firm outside of anything mentioned in the pre-night presentation." This tests your research on the company. The firm self-describes itself as the 'business behind healthcare'...not very self-explanatory meaning you have to do some work upfront and have an opportunity to distinguish yourself. The question was harder because the pre-night is informative in helping to understand pharma and medical distribution/wholesaling. No one expects you to know every business unit or service, but you should understand the business model for any firm you're interviewing.
        Answer Question
    Hourly. Not negotiated.

Intern Interview

Initial phone interview. Followed by on-site interview. I interviewed with four different people, representing two different projects.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to start a restaurant, what kind of restaurant would it be and how would you market it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

I interviewed with Cardinal Health's internship program last year and felt it to be a rather lackluster experience. The recruiter I talked with did not seem engaged with the conversation and made it a point by point experience. I think recruiters should try to make the interview more of a conversation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in December 2012.

First you apply through their website witha standard application and resume. Then a few weeks later there is a college recruiter who will call you to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is 30 minutes long with standard fit questions like why cardinal and what makes you different. Then afterwards, 3-4 weeks alter they will email for a onsite interview. The onsite interview will be all day with multiple employees. Then they will contact you soon after.

Interview Questions
    • In preparation for this interview what are three things you learned about Cardinal health that you didn't know before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2009.

Upon submitting my resume at our career expo, I was contacted and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to the corporate headquarters for an all day interview process where I spoke with people from various departments and roles.

After the interview, I was no offered an offer. However, the interview was fair and a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What in the recent news about our company interest you the most?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2012.

Easy phone seen interview - tell us about you, what you know about company

Interview Questions

Ohio is not the most attractive location

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cardinal Health in December 2010.

it was pretty easy interview. Mostly Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!