Cardinal Health

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

I applied online to Cardinal Health after receiving a note through my college that they were looking for finance interns this summer. I applied online and received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview was nearly the same questions you see here on Glassdoor. "Why Cardinal Health? What do you know about our company? etc" I was excited and seemed to connect well with recruiter. I received an email a few days later inviting me out to Dublin, OH for final round interviews. They paid for all my travel expenses - flight, hotel and rental car.

Final round interview consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. I'm a finance major, but all questions were behavioral based. Questions about team work, leadership, time management etc. They told us we would here back within 2 weeks.

I reached out to my recruiter a few days later to see if I would receive an offer, because I had received an offer from another company that I had interviewed with. She let me know they would not be extending an offer to me. I was honestly pretty surprised, I had practiced and studied all of the questions I read on Glassdoor and a lot about the company. So, I can't really give much insight into what they are looking for. The other kids who were interviewing with me seemed very quiet and shy - maybe that's what Cardinal is looking for?

Interview Questions
  • If you could start a bowling alley or ice cream shop, which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cardinal Health

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Had a phone interview a couple months ago, but won't know about an in-person interview for a few more weeks because they have one day of interviewing. Phone interview was pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to defend something you didn't believe in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

The Interview process was very basic. It involved two thirty minute back to back interviews that was behavior based. The interviews had a basic template to go off and they stuck to it. They were very friendly and open to questions. It was a good time.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Asked questions in 2 back to back thirty minute interview, one by a HR staff and the other by the CFO.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational questions, not many techquestions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2014.

They really care about you the individual. They want someone that fits the company's values and also someone who would be happy at Cardinal Health. People would walk by as I was interviewing and smile at me and tell me good luck; proves that they really do want us there and want us to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Go in prepared and you will be absolutely fine. The interview was typical personality questions, nothing you shouldn't be able to answer from your experiences listed on your resume. I repeat, know your resume backward and forward.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Honestly, the people working at the career fair booths were not the most personable and did not seem to like their jobs, which was thankfully not characteristic of the rest of the company. Applied on their website and then received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone call was a basic interview, asking what I knew about the company, why I was interested in the internship, what I do to stay organized, etc. Shortly thereafter I received an email saying I was invited to the final round at their headquarters in Dublin, OH which were 2 weeks later. They do not reimburse you for travel or hotel for the final round. There was a group of about 20-30 other students all interviewing for different internships with the company. They began by introducing us to the company and giving us advice for how to handle our interview (i.e. be honest) and then we had four 30 minute interviews in a row. The next Monday I received a phone call from College relations with an offer. You will be asked to complete a drug test where they take hair samples and my year someone had their offer revoked because they failed the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, nothing really out of the blue. Did ask if there was a particular trait you don't like in other people   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Quick interview process led by senior finance managers (take advantage of the chance to ask questions...smart people with strong experience). Two back-to-back interviews in one day with a response within the week. 2-weeks to respond to offer. There was a pre-interview presentation the night before where the recruiting team and current employees explain the EMERGE rotational program, their experience, and Cardinal's background to candidates.

I thought all the questions were fair game, but a lot of other candidates I spoke to felt that the questions were harder than average. Do research. Be interested. Show your curiosity. Helps if you are passionate about the field / have interest in healthcare.

Interview Questions
    • "Manager asks for help to improve margins. How would you make a recommendation?"
      This is a mini, no-numbers case question. It helps to have gone through a case interview. Be structured and answer the right question (i.e., improve margin means don't focus recommendation on sales growth/increasing volume ... unless that affects your margin through scale). On structure, think in tree charts - i.e., price and unit cost. Dive a level deeper into each without jumping around too much. Give examples but structure your answer.

"Tell me something that surprised you about the firm outside of anything mentioned in the pre-night presentation." This tests your research on the company. The firm self-describes itself as the 'business behind healthcare'...not very self-explanatory meaning you have to do some work upfront and have an opportunity to distinguish yourself. The question was harder because the pre-night is informative in helping to understand pharma and medical distribution/wholesaling. No one expects you to know every business unit or service, but you should understand the business model for any firm you're interviewing.

Answer Question
    Hourly. Not negotiated.

Intern Interview

Initial phone interview. Followed by on-site interview. I interviewed with four different people, representing two different projects.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to start a restaurant, what kind of restaurant would it be and how would you market it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

I interviewed with Cardinal Health's internship program last year and felt it to be a rather lackluster experience. The recruiter I talked with did not seem engaged with the conversation and made it a point by point experience. I think recruiters should try to make the interview more of a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health in December 2012.

First you apply through their website witha standard application and resume. Then a few weeks later there is a college recruiter who will call you to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is 30 minutes long with standard fit questions like why cardinal and what makes you different. Then afterwards, 3-4 weeks alter they will email for a onsite interview. The onsite interview will be all day with multiple employees. Then they will contact you soon after.

Interview Questions
    • In preparation for this interview what are three things you learned about Cardinal health that you didn't know before?   Answer Question