Cardinal Health Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

The HR people at Cardinal were extremely kind and welcoming. A phone interview and in-person interview were conducted. HR conducted the phone interview. The in-person interview was a half day event where you were interviewed by two young professionals that work at Cardinal and receive a building tour. The interviews were low key. Cardinal tried to pick interviewers who make people feel at ease, so the overall process is not very intense.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cardinal Health (Dublin, OH).

Interview

There were 2 30 minute interviews. The interviewers asked very normal, basic interviewing questions. Why Cardinal Health? Why this position? Be prepared to know why you picked the major that you did and how that can be helpful to you for being at Cardinal Health and helpful in the position. They also go through your resume and ask for you to give some background info on the experiences that could be helpful to you in the position. They also asked what type of role you have in group settings like are you the leader, etc...

Interview Questions

• How could what your studying (your major) be beneficial to you in this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

They take you for a tour of the facility and then 3 different people interview you one on one. The three people ask you personal questions and they usually are similar to what the others have already asked, maybe to see if you have the same answer or not.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about your experience in school and the types of projects you worked on. They were mainly personal questions. They also ask why you want to work at their company and have you write a essay based on what you know about cardinal health that was recent.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

I applied online to Cardinal Health after receiving a note through my college that they were looking for finance interns this summer. I applied online and received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview was nearly the same questions you see here on Glassdoor. "Why Cardinal Health? What do you know about our company? etc" I was excited and seemed to connect well with recruiter. I received an email a few days later inviting me out to Dublin, OH for final round interviews. They paid for all my travel expenses - flight, hotel and rental car.

Final round interview consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. I'm a finance major, but all questions were behavioral based. Questions about team work, leadership, time management etc. They told us we would here back within 2 weeks.

I reached out to my recruiter a few days later to see if I would receive an offer, because I had received an offer from another company that I had interviewed with. She let me know they would not be extending an offer to me. I was honestly pretty surprised, I had practiced and studied all of the questions I read on Glassdoor and a lot about the company. So, I can't really give much insight into what they are looking for. The other kids who were interviewing with me seemed very quiet and shy - maybe that's what Cardinal is looking for?

Interview Questions

• If you could start a bowling alley or ice cream shop, which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

Applied on line and got an 30 minutes phone interview within a week. The interview went smoothly and the interview questions are not very difficult and mostly asking about my past experiences. It seems they paid more attention to check if my career goal matches this job position, which totally makes sense to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cardinal Health (Dublin, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief 30 minute phone interview and then an onsite interview at Cardinal Health's headquarters. Cardinal Health flew me to the headquarters. The interviews were back to back and they asked behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer why Cardinal Health and why did you pick the major you picked.

Sales – Interventional Solutions Interview

Interview

Everyone I met throughout the hiring process was absolutely fabulous. The employees, as well as the managers, all the way up to the VP of sales were all very down-to-earth and transparent about what they wanted out of a future employee. during most of the interview process, I felt like I was having conversations with friends about business. It is what made me decide to take the job. They were extremely fair in compensation.

Cons- although the HR people as well as the IT people are amazing during the on boarding process, it was a very difficult process. Getting everything that is needed set up, benefits, healthcare, direct deposit, ect, should have been more streamlined. One day after hire, we should have received a new packet with everything for that. You have to be on top of things to get everything set up right away.

Other than that I love the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Let's just say they were extremely fair w compensation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

Had a phone interview a couple months ago, but won't know about an in-person interview for a few more weeks because they have one day of interviewing. Phone interview was pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to defend something you didn't believe in.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

The interview process was very precise and informative covering all aspects of the position, compensation/benefits, work environment/culture and business operation. I was paneled 2x; the last was actually the V.P. I supported, Director HR.

Interview Questions

• A task that was never asked of me and the repercussion.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. We both agreed to all.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

Board of interviewees about 2 hours each within division . General background asked strength and weakness and most challenging situation and how it was dealt with. Asked some questions pertaining to experience linked to job type and thoughts about future there from what I knew of the company and opportunities. Questions on process improvement approaches and how to engage that and examples from past and how to app rich it.overall straightforward process nothing odd.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None to speak of