Cardinal Health

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

The interview process was very precise and informative covering all aspects of the position, compensation/benefits, work environment/culture and business operation. I was paneled 2x; the last was actually the V.P. I supported, Director HR.

Interview Questions
    • A task that was never asked of me and the repercussion.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. We both agreed to all.

Director Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Board of interviewees about 2 hours each within division . General background asked strength and weakness and most challenging situation and how it was dealt with. Asked some questions pertaining to experience linked to job type and thoughts about future there from what I knew of the company and opportunities. Questions on process improvement approaches and how to engage that and examples from past and how to app rich it.overall straightforward process nothing odd.

None to speak of

Warehouse Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2015.

Got a call back from my online application, and I believe a custom cover letter helped in this situation. Anyways, after arriving for my interview appointment, I got invited into an empty office. The guy giving the interview was really cool and informative. He began the interviewing by explaining everything he knew about about the company (in which all the time i spent researching the company could have been replaced with). He maybe asked a handful of questions regarding my background, but the majority of the talking was on his side.

After talking for about 20 minutes, he gave me a tour of the facility. He gave a detailed tour and explanation of the inner workings of the warehouse. It honestly felt like my first day as opposed to a tour lol. The door out of the warehouse is near the exit of the building, so a few last minute conversations took place. He told me there that they were hiring 4 new guys and that he felt I would probably be one of the ones selected. I took his name, number, and email and booked it.

After sending a thank you email, I received a phone call the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I received a phone call with a job offer and the details of the benefits. The pay is pretty average but the benefits are great.

Technician I, Chemical/Pharmaceutical Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Began with a phone interview, which was 20 minutes tops. They then followed up with an email to inform me of their desire to have an onsite interview. I was finishing my final semester at university, and having a hectic few weeks, but they were patient and worked with my schedule. I had my on site interview and computer assesment on Christmas Eve. The interview was actually more of a tour, though, no difficult questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview: Describe a time in your work experience where expectations were not met and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview with multiple folks including the hiring manager and functional VP. Very fun process that started with several phone calls and using Cardinal's application process on line. I always struggle with salary field on the on line applications. There was a panel interview with several functional areas that interacted with the position. Office was fantastic and the security was quite impressive as well. Their was drug screen and background check preceeding the receipt of the formal acceptance letter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you missed a deliverable objective?   View Answer
    typical with several counter offers

Director Interview

Begins with a phone screen, next two different phone interviews followed by an in-person multi-person interview. Also background and drug screens are included. Process takes about two months. During the process a psychological yest is administered as a part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No, there was no negotiation - just an offer.

Data Analyst Interview

I started with a phone interview. Then had two in-person interviews with a panel. Both interviews were about an hour in length and very conversational. I had another offer on the table so after I expressed that to them at the end, it only took about 2 days to receive an offer. Everyone I met was nice and they gave me great advice about what to look for in a career right out of college.

Senior Specialist Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health in November 2014.

Applied online through Linkedin to the CH.com site. Received a phone call from recruiter about a week later. Had a 30 minute prescreen. Recommended to hiring team. Had an onsite interview with hiring manager and team person that lasted about 45 minutes. Manager was new and the team person seemed to elaborate more on what the position entailed. The job description did not really match what the actual job was. But it wasn't that bad. Standard questions. Some behavioral and some seeking to see how you might be an asset to change some things with technology experience. Nothing too difficult. Scheduled for second round two weeks later to meet with Director. I canceled and they wanted to reschedule so I went and got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • there really weren't any. The manager asked me what my five year career goal was. Which I thought was a stupid HR question.   Answer Question
    They had a range that HR told you upfront. They had some room but it was pretty set to what the offer was.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

I applied by an outside recruiter during the summer but got rejected. Several months later, I got a call by the internal recruiter and had the usual phone screen and group interview. They moved quickly and I sensed that a possible offer was about to develop.However, I backed off because I noticed some red flags during the interview process and did not want to proceed further.

Business Support Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

The interview process spanned a period of two weeks. I had a back-to-back interview, 30 minutes each, with a director-level and a business analyst. They will not necessarily be comparing notes. The interviews were strictly behavioral, about 8 questions each. Your recruiters will write down the answers as you go, so get straight to the point about what you did, the value it created, and what process you went through to achieve your goals.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you learned about Cardinal Health that wasn't mentioned in the night prior presentation?   View Answer
    No pay negotiation. You get to choose which location and function you end up in.