Cardinal Health Interview Questions

2.8

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2013.

Submitted my application online and received a phone screen call from HR about a week later. Standard questions about why you want the job, background, salary expectations, etc. Didn't hear back for a few weeks then got a call on Friday morning saying they wanted to bring me in on Monday for an in-person interview and presentation. Had to put together a sales presentation last-minute. This position was for a sales development program position, so I think they were looking to see how candidates reacted to last-minute changes/directions. The interview took place at the office all day, but only had about 90 minutes of interviews. A lot of the time there is spent waiting, but is also part of the test. They want to see how you interact with the other 5-10 people they brought in for interviews. The actual interview consisted of a 15 minute sales pitch in front of managers and other sales reps, and two half-hour panel interviews. Heard back the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when your sales numbers are down and you're already working as many hours per week as you can?   Answer Question
    No negotiation-this is an entry level job and the program pays everyone the same salary.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2014.

They really care about you the individual. They want someone that fits the company's values and also someone who would be happy at Cardinal Health. People would walk by as I was interviewing and smile at me and tell me good luck; proves that they really do want us there and want us to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Go in prepared and you will be absolutely fine. The interview was typical personality questions, nothing you shouldn't be able to answer from your experiences listed on your resume. I repeat, know your resume backward and forward.   Answer Question

Supervisor, Warehouse Operations (Nights) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in June 2014.

Phone interview then on site interview. Typically there are two on site interviews. One with the warehouse manager and a supervisor followed by one with the director. Process takes about a month to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, any standard preparation will be sufficient.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

One phone interview and then one face to face. Offer made next day. Very quick process. Less than a week. The HR person on the phone was very nice and helped me prepare for the face to face interview. Then the face to face was with two people, who were both very nice. It was very straight forward and professional but not super overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • Just depends on who you interview with and what the role is. My experience was very simple.   Answer Question
    One day - done.

Director, Procedural Supply Chain Solutions Interview

Face to face interview with vp level and above. Presentation of supply chain assessments. Relatively easy process. Process took a couple weeks in length. Typically Hugh performing reps get the job so upper management knows the individual well going into the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to deal with ambiguity. How did you handle it and why did you handle it that way?   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

After two months and four interviews, they decided to go with an internal candidate even after stating that if they had internal candidates worthy of the job they wouldn't have opened it up for outside applicants. Very frustrating to say the least.
    Since I was an out-of-town applicant, my process involved two phone interviews with recruiters (seemingly the same interview), a conference call interview with three managers at the Kansas City site, and then another phone interview with the regional HR director.
    All interviews, according to them, went very well and I was 1 of 3 prospects left.

Interview Questions
    • During my 3rd interview I was asked behavioral interview questions which I really don't like. They aren't difficult if you prepare.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Cardinal Health has an extensive hiring process. Recruiter (internal) will contact and do a brief phone interview. They will refer candidates to hiring manager that will usually result in 3-4 candidates brought in for initial interviews. After initial interviews, there are usually interviews with several team members. Although their input is considered, your real decision maker is the hiring manager. I've seen a hiring manager chose a candidate when all others involved suggested another candidate be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the manager. Expect some kind of off the wall question at some point though....just to see how you think on your feet.   Answer Question
    They will have their salary range and almost always have plenty of room to go up......for the right candidate. If you feel they REALLY want you and NEED you.....YOU.....then definitely counter for more. For my first/second level supervisor/manager, I'd counter for $3-$5k more.

Finance Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

The interview process of very simple. They asked questions very specific to the job requirements. If you read the requirements, you should be able to answer the questions asked. Once I finished the interview, I received a call the same from the staffing agency to come in and finish the paperwork to begin work on the following Wednesday.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Met with hiring manager and director. Discuss qualification skill set. Assess if there was mutal agreement of fit a good fit for the job. Typical interview questions nothing spectacular or original.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Offer was reasonable.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cypress Creek, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress Creek, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in October 2012.

The most important thing to know that this is a SALES position. If you are contacted just know that from the first moment that you speak to someone you are selling yourself to the management as to why you should be employed by this firm.

Interview Questions
    It was a concept negotiation process. I showed that I felt comfortable with what was offered and that was that.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!