Cardinal Health Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

I applied by an outside recruiter during the summer but got rejected. Several months later, I got a call by the internal recruiter and had the usual phone screen and group interview. They moved quickly and I sensed that a possible offer was about to develop.However, I backed off because I noticed some red flags during the interview process and did not want to proceed further.

Business Support Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

The interview process spanned a period of two weeks. I had a back-to-back interview, 30 minutes each, with a director-level and a business analyst. They will not necessarily be comparing notes. The interviews were strictly behavioral, about 8 questions each. Your recruiters will write down the answers as you go, so get straight to the point about what you did, the value it created, and what process you went through to achieve your goals.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you learned about Cardinal Health that wasn't mentioned in the night prior presentation?   View Answer
    No pay negotiation. You get to choose which location and function you end up in.

Night Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

First starts with HR and if you manage to get past HR, they will notify you that you are going to the next round. And that is a one-on-one interview. Then you interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None. I am experienced, there are no surprises that I hadn't seen already.   View Answer
    Straight forward. They paid me based on my experience. They did not low ball me.

Marketing Interview

2 rounds of interviews. The first round, I spoke with a HR representative. The second round, I spoke with 3 different managers. They were all on the phone, but the second round was supposed to be at the headquarters. Nothing was unexpected question-wise.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioral for the most part.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

The Interview process was very basic. It involved two thirty minute back to back interviews that was behavior based. The interviews had a basic template to go off and they stuck to it. They were very friendly and open to questions. It was a good time.

Digital Marketing Interview

One phone interview and then one face to face. Offer made next day. Very quick process. Less than a week. The HR person on the phone was very nice and helped me prepare for the face to face interview. Then the face to face was with two people, who were both very nice. It was very straight forward and professional but not super overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • Just depends on who you interview with and what the role is. My experience was very simple.   Answer Question
    One day - done.

Director, Procedural Supply Chain Solutions Interview

Face to face interview with vp level and above. Presentation of supply chain assessments. Relatively easy process. Process took a couple weeks in length. Typically Hugh performing reps get the job so upper management knows the individual well going into the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to deal with ambiguity. How did you handle it and why did you handle it that way?   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

After two months and four interviews, they decided to go with an internal candidate even after stating that if they had internal candidates worthy of the job they wouldn't have opened it up for outside applicants. Very frustrating to say the least.
    Since I was an out-of-town applicant, my process involved two phone interviews with recruiters (seemingly the same interview), a conference call interview with three managers at the Kansas City site, and then another phone interview with the regional HR director.
    All interviews, according to them, went very well and I was 1 of 3 prospects left.

Interview Questions
    • During my 3rd interview I was asked behavioral interview questions which I really don't like. They aren't difficult if you prepare.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Cardinal Health has an extensive hiring process. Recruiter (internal) will contact and do a brief phone interview. They will refer candidates to hiring manager that will usually result in 3-4 candidates brought in for initial interviews. After initial interviews, there are usually interviews with several team members. Although their input is considered, your real decision maker is the hiring manager. I've seen a hiring manager chose a candidate when all others involved suggested another candidate be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the manager. Expect some kind of off the wall question at some point though....just to see how you think on your feet.   Answer Question
    They will have their salary range and almost always have plenty of room to go up......for the right candidate. If you feel they REALLY want you and NEED you.....YOU.....then definitely counter for more. For my first/second level supervisor/manager, I'd counter for $3-$5k more.

Finance Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

The interview process of very simple. They asked questions very specific to the job requirements. If you read the requirements, you should be able to answer the questions asked. Once I finished the interview, I received a call the same from the staffing agency to come in and finish the paperwork to begin work on the following Wednesday.