Cardinal Health

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Applied on line and got an 30 minutes phone interview within a week. The interview went smoothly and the interview questions are not very difficult and mostly asking about my past experiences. It seems they paid more attention to check if my career goal matches this job position, which totally makes sense to me.

Sales – Interventional Solutions Interview

Everyone I met throughout the hiring process was absolutely fabulous. The employees, as well as the managers, all the way up to the VP of sales were all very down-to-earth and transparent about what they wanted out of a future employee. during most of the interview process, I felt like I was having conversations with friends about business. It is what made me decide to take the job. They were extremely fair in compensation.

Cons- although the HR people as well as the IT people are amazing during the on boarding process, it was a very difficult process. Getting everything that is needed set up, benefits, healthcare, direct deposit, ect, should have been more streamlined. One day after hire, we should have received a new packet with everything for that. You have to be on top of things to get everything set up right away.

Other than that I love the company

Interview Questions
    Let's just say they were extremely fair w compensation

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Had a phone interview a couple months ago, but won't know about an in-person interview for a few more weeks because they have one day of interviewing. Phone interview was pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to defend something you didn't believe in.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

The interview process was very precise and informative covering all aspects of the position, compensation/benefits, work environment/culture and business operation. I was paneled 2x; the last was actually the V.P. I supported, Director HR.

Interview Questions
    • A task that was never asked of me and the repercussion.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. We both agreed to all.

Director Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Board of interviewees about 2 hours each within division . General background asked strength and weakness and most challenging situation and how it was dealt with. Asked some questions pertaining to experience linked to job type and thoughts about future there from what I knew of the company and opportunities. Questions on process improvement approaches and how to engage that and examples from past and how to app rich it.overall straightforward process nothing odd.

None to speak of

Warehouse Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2015.

Got a call back from my online application, and I believe a custom cover letter helped in this situation. Anyways, after arriving for my interview appointment, I got invited into an empty office. The guy giving the interview was really cool and informative. He began the interviewing by explaining everything he knew about about the company (in which all the time i spent researching the company could have been replaced with). He maybe asked a handful of questions regarding my background, but the majority of the talking was on his side.

After talking for about 20 minutes, he gave me a tour of the facility. He gave a detailed tour and explanation of the inner workings of the warehouse. It honestly felt like my first day as opposed to a tour lol. The door out of the warehouse is near the exit of the building, so a few last minute conversations took place. He told me there that they were hiring 4 new guys and that he felt I would probably be one of the ones selected. I took his name, number, and email and booked it.

After sending a thank you email, I received a phone call the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I received a phone call with a job offer and the details of the benefits. The pay is pretty average but the benefits are great.

Information TechnologySummer 2015 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2015.

I applied through an online source to Cardinal Health. Within the week I was contacted via email and asked when I would be available to interview over the phone. Within 24-hours of my response, a time was chosen and set up for the next day.
    The interview lasted around 30 minutes and was very mundane, seeming to emphasize the characters of potential employees more than asking about technical experiences or courses taken.

Interview Questions
    • In what way do you think you can benefit Cardinal Health's team the most?   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Began with a phone interview, which was 20 minutes tops. They then followed up with an email to inform me of their desire to have an onsite interview. I was finishing my final semester at university, and having a hectic few weeks, but they were patient and worked with my schedule. I had my on site interview and computer assesment on Christmas Eve. The interview was actually more of a tour, though, no difficult questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview: Describe a time in your work experience where expectations were not met and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview with multiple folks including the hiring manager and functional VP. Very fun process that started with several phone calls and using Cardinal's application process on line. I always struggle with salary field on the on line applications. There was a panel interview with several functional areas that interacted with the position. Office was fantastic and the security was quite impressive as well. Their was drug screen and background check preceeding the receipt of the formal acceptance letter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you missed a deliverable objective?   View Answer
    typical with several counter offers

Director Interview

Begins with a phone screen, next two different phone interviews followed by an in-person multi-person interview. Also background and drug screens are included. Process takes about two months. During the process a psychological yest is administered as a part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No, there was no negotiation - just an offer.