Cardinal Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview Details – After two months and four interviews, they decided to go with an internal candidate even after stating that if they had internal candidates worthy of the job they wouldn't have opened it up for outside applicants. Very frustrating to say the least.
Since I was an out-of-town applicant, my process involved two phone interviews with recruiters (seemingly the same interview), a conference call interview with three managers at the Kansas City site, and then another phone interview with the regional HR director.
All interviews, according to them, went very well and I was 1 of 3 prospects left.

Interview Question – During my 3rd interview I was asked behavioral interview questions which I really don't like. They aren't difficult if you prepare.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Inside Sales Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview Details – Cardinal Health has an extensive hiring process. Recruiter (internal) will contact and do a brief phone interview. They will refer candidates to hiring manager that will usually result in 3-4 candidates brought in for initial interviews. After initial interviews, there are usually interviews with several team members. Although their input is considered, your real decision maker is the hiring manager. I've seen a hiring manager chose a candidate when all others involved suggested another candidate be hired.

Interview Question – Depends on the manager. Expect some kind of off the wall question at some point though....just to see how you think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will have their salary range and almost always have plenty of room to go up......for the right candidate. If you feel they REALLY want you and NEED you.....YOU.....then definitely counter for more. For my first/second level supervisor/manager, I'd counter for $3-$5k more.

Finance Coordinator Interview

Finance Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview Details – The interview process of very simple. They asked questions very specific to the job requirements. If you read the requirements, you should be able to answer the questions asked. Once I finished the interview, I received a call the same from the staffing agency to come in and finish the paperwork to begin work on the following Wednesday.

Interview Question – Did not have any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manager and director. Discuss qualification skill set. Assess if there was mutal agreement of fit a good fit for the job. Typical interview questions nothing spectacular or original.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover round.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was reasonable.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
Cypress Creek, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in October 2012.

Interview Details – The most important thing to know that this is a SALES position. If you are contacted just know that from the first moment that you speak to someone you are selling yourself to the management as to why you should be employed by this firm.

Interview Question – I did not have a question that I found too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a concept negotiation process. I showed that I felt comfortable with what was offered and that was that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Cardinal Health

Interview Details – Cardinal Health requires detailed responses to all of their interview questions. You must provide specific examples from former or current jobs. Broad, generalized answers are frowned upon.

Interview Question – What does accountability mean to you? What does responsibility mean to you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview Details – Pretty basic process. Screening now for females and periodically minorities. Don't count on this helping as this really only fulfills an EOE requirement. These guys are not the brightest bunch of people in HR and most of their hiring managers have very little experience in interview tactics and screening.

Interview Question – Fairly typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. Made counter, and they had to regroup. Benefits and compensation not really what I would call stellar.

Summer Nuclear Pharmacy Intern Interview

Summer Nuclear Pharmacy Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview Details – The interview took place over the phone. I wasn't asked that many questions, mostly why I was interested in the field and which locations I would prefer to work at. The majority of the interview was me asking the recruiter about the field itself. I asked her a lot of questions about how the nuclear pharmacies usually operated and what radiopharmaceuticals they typically used. They contacted me again about 3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult. No situational questions. I think the main purpose of the interview was to gauge my interest in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offered me a competitive hourly wage and a relocation package for moving and housing.

Customer Advocate Interview

Customer Advocate
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cardinal Health in January 2010.

Interview Details – Questions do not matter, if they like you they will hire you whether or not you have the right qualifications. You apply online and hope that you get a phone call. They will call or email for an interview. You will probably have a group interview with several supervisors and they will all ask questions.

Interview Question – What type of people do you not like?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told you what you were to be paid, no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Dublin, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cardinal Health in October 2012.

Interview Details – I played phone tag for over one week with human resources. I was first told I had a job offer and after the fact I had to interview with over 8 people. My start date was delayed day by day for almost one week due to poor leadership communication/follow thru.

Negotiation Details – no problem. I was told I was well within the guidelines and after I was hired I was told multiple times by my supervisor I made too much money.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!