Cardlytics

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

3.1

Project Manager, Bank Implementations Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cardlytics.

After applying online I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. I would meet with a panel of the team I would be working with. HR seemed enthusiastic and eager to establish several days that would work best for me as well as the panel I would interview with.

ETL Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cardlytics.

That place is a sweat shop. The developers look like they are miserable and packed into 2 rooms like sardines -no cubicles- and no space between the desks. There's no way I'd ever work there. THey said - no work from home and they believe in "working hard and playing hard." "Playing hard" is going to 6-flags on a company trip as a bonus for working so hard.

I'm a well seasoned Senior developer and have worked in several environments over the past 10 years. This is the most unhealthy sad work environment I've seen to date.

They have an extra ridiculous interview process by shutting you into this small dingy dirty room with poor lighting and request that you complete 50 questions in 50 mins. :)) starting from your interview, you will work to be miserable there.

Interview Questions
    • This is a written exam with no multiple-choice or true/false questions. there were very basic-advanced T-SQL development questions - like text-book questions - dmvs, indexing, keys, define a relational db… Nothing to do with the job requirements- 0 ETL or BI questions. They asked 2-3 questions where you will need to revise and create code.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cardlytics.

2 Phone Interviews and 2 face to face interviews

Interview Questions

The company wasn't a good fit for what I was looking for. They low-balled me for salary.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed with four people in the company. Asked about basic programming, object-oriented design, and other behavioral questions. The interview lasted for three hours. Later got rejected.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD
    Anonymous Employee in California, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cardlytics in October 2012.

Initial contact by a recruiter. Interview by phone then in person with the regional sales manager which was about an hour long. Very basic questions and I was not given an abundance of information. Vague about compensation plan.
    It seems like a great idea but not sure if it will succeed

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Asked what types of clients I would prospect if hired.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cardlytics in January 2012.

This process was more than 6 weeks. I interviewed with the recruiter extensively. He set up a phone interview with one of the partners at Cardlytics. Spoke with him, he loved me. Said next step would be to talk with his partner. More than 6 weeks went by while I was waiting to hear back. Finally spoke with the partner. He was kind of a jerk. I was offered another position and shared that with the recruiter. He said the company was interested in me and would be offering me the job. I held off for a week before accepting the other position. They drag their feet. Very wishy washy.

Interview Questions
    • What three industries would you go after first.   View Answer
    • Why would you want to work for a start up?   View Answer

Local/Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cardlytics in March 2011.

1 HR phone screen
    2-3 calls with East/West coast director/VP regional sales
    They fly into the city and interview you if selected.
    EXTREMELY SELECTIVE then try to low ball initially
    Fight back on the pay and benefits and they will give, they do offer options until....

Interview Questions
    Lowball, then mediocre/FINAL OFFER!!! So I accepted.

Account Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cardlytics in May 2010.

Applied through referrals. Very very fit questions. They are a start up and want to know if you will fit with them. First person I spoke with was a manager and he invited me to a coffee shop to chat. Really informal besides one light case question.

2nd round was 3 30-minute interviews with employees at the company. Went very smooth as well.

Interview Questions
    Internship, seemed like they would have given a better hourly rate if I asked but I did not.

National Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cardlytics in April 2014.

You need to fit the culture and be an independent thinker who can work within a small growing business and is more about getting things done rather then waiting for the system to provide you a promotion. Act as if you are already promoted and you will go far. Entrepreneurial attitude is essential

Interview Questions
    • How would you answer that this form of marketing is immoral and it is too evasive   View Answer