Cardlytics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.1

Campaign Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Cardlytics by a previous employee. During the interview process, I had an initial phone interview and then a week later, I had an in-person interview with three separate groups: two one-on-ones and one group of three. The in-person interview was actually fun and the group of three asked out-of-the-box questions in addition to normal questions. The one-on-ones were more business-oriented and asked more stereotypical interview questions. I also had to take a skills test at the end where I had to give my opinion on an advertising campaign proposal and do some math to calculate percentage increases. I was told it would take up to two weeks to hear back about whether I got the job or not. I emailed one day before the two-week mark asking about the status of my application and for any updates regarding the process. I received back what seemed to be a form letter saying I didn’t get the job and it was worded in a way that made me wonder if I would have gotten that information had I not emailed inquiring about it. I was excited about the job and the culture of the company and the employees were very nice during my interview, but I was turned off by the detached and impersonal nature of the follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• The one-on-ones asked standard interview questions like "Tell me about your background," "What was a mistake you've made in your job and how did you handle it," and "What do you like and not like about your former or current employers." The group interviewers had a mix of more atypical questions like "What's your spirit animal," What's your favorite movie," and "What's the last book you read," in addition to normal questions like "Where do you see yourself in five years."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. I would meet with a panel of the team I would be working with. HR seemed enthusiastic and eager to establish several days that would work best for me as well as the panel I would interview with.

ETL Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cardlytics.

Interview

That place is a sweat shop. The developers look like they are miserable and packed into 2 rooms like sardines -no cubicles- and no space between the desks. There's no way I'd ever work there. THey said - no work from home and they believe in "working hard and playing hard." "Playing hard" is going to 6-flags on a company trip as a bonus for working so hard. I'm a well seasoned Senior developer and have worked in several environments over the past 10 years. This is the most unhealthy sad work environment I've seen to date. They have an extra ridiculous interview process by shutting you into this small dingy dirty room with poor lighting and request that you complete 50 questions in 50 mins. :)) starting from your interview, you will work to be miserable there.

Interview Questions

• This is a written exam with no multiple-choice or true/false questions. there were very basic-advanced T-SQL development questions - like text-book questions - dmvs, indexing, keys, define a relational db… Nothing to do with the job requirements- 0 ETL or BI questions. They asked 2-3 questions where you will need to revise and create code.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 Phone Interviews and 2 face to face interviews

Interview Questions

The company wasn't a good fit for what I was looking for. They low-balled me for salary.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with four people in the company. Asked about basic programming, object-oriented design, and other behavioral questions. The interview lasted for three hours. Later got rejected.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cardlytics (California, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial contact by a recruiter. Interview by phone then in person with the regional sales manager which was about an hour long. Very basic questions and I was not given an abundance of information. Vague about compensation plan. It seems like a great idea but not sure if it will succeed

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. Asked what types of clients I would prospect if hired.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

This process was more than 6 weeks. I interviewed with the recruiter extensively. He set up a phone interview with one of the partners at Cardlytics. Spoke with him, he loved me. Said next step would be to talk with his partner. More than 6 weeks went by while I was waiting to hear back. Finally spoke with the partner. He was kind of a jerk. I was offered another position and shared that with the recruiter. He said the company was interested in me and would be offering me the job. I held off for a week before accepting the other position. They drag their feet. Very wishy washy.

Interview Questions

• What three industries would you go after first.   1 Answer
    • Why would you want to work for a start up?   1 Answer

Local/Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

1 HR phone screen 2-3 calls with East/West coast director/VP regional sales They fly into the city and interview you if selected. EXTREMELY SELECTIVE then try to low ball initially Fight back on the pay and benefits and they will give, they do offer options until....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lowball, then mediocre/FINAL OFFER!!! So I accepted.

Account Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied through referrals. Very very fit questions. They are a start up and want to know if you will fit with them. First person I spoke with was a manager and he invited me to a coffee shop to chat. Really informal besides one light case question. 2nd round was 3 30-minute interviews with employees at the company. Went very smooth as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Internship, seemed like they would have given a better hourly rate if I asked but I did not.

National Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cardlytics (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

You need to fit the culture and be an independent thinker who can work within a small growing business and is more about getting things done rather then waiting for the system to provide you a promotion. Act as if you are already promoted and you will go far. Entrepreneurial attitude is essential

Interview Questions

• How would you answer that this form of marketing is immoral and it is too evasive   1 Answer