Care Ambulance Service Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Care Ambulance Service

EMT-B Interview

They were very helpful, friendly, and engaged from the beginning to the end of the process. The woman who contacts you with details on the interview process is very thorough, patient, and helpful. All of the instructors wanted to help you succeed, that was communicated and shown by them. Make sure to bring your CPR card, drivers license, and EMT license. You go in and take a 50 question interview, with anatomy and a mix of national registry-like questions. Overall though, it was easier than the national registry. If you pass that, you go on to both the skills and interview section. They hand out pages with the 4 skills you will have to perform (They're basic. We had inserting airway adjuncts, bleeding control, bagging a patient, and joint immobilization). They give you a scenario and want to see you actually perform these functions on a mannequin. When you're waiting, you can volunteer for the skills or keep waiting and looking over your skill sheets to prepare. I did that and waited for almost an hour, taking my time to look over and practice the sheets, while other people volunteered. During this waiting time, you are called randomly to go back to the panel interview, which is just a 2 person panel. They asked 4 basic questions, and want you to expand on your answers. They told us to try to answer them each by providing context to our answers, explain our part in the situation, and tell them the outcome. Pretty basic for an interview question. My questions were: what was a time you had with a difficult team member and how did you handle it? What was a time you were in a dangerous situation and how did you handle it? What was a time you were in a stressful/overwhelming situation and how did you handle it? I can't remember the 4th one. Then you're done and you can leave!

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Care Ambulance Service in October 2014.

Online app:
    Personality Test and uploaded resume. Received an email 1 week later for an interview.

Interview Day @ Base Station
    Written Test:
    After check in, about 20 of us took a 50 question written test heavily focused on anatomy and some scenarios. 80% to pass.

Interview:
    Two people interviewed me (1 training manager and 1 ops manager I believe). They were both very nice. We talked about where else I applied, what I thought about EMS through the process and then why Care.
    Then, they switch gears and asked about 5-6 behavioral questions. I felt it was a hard search down the memory lane. (They are also very strict about employment history I presume they are going to check some of the stories with the appropriate supervisor.)

Skills Test:
    Very Straight forward. Was given a detailed skills sheet that has the grading criteria stated. (bleeding control, tourniquet, opa/npa, airway & ventilation, splinting...) The guy who tested me was picking my brain for some beyond scope stuff. I was worried at first but he wanted to know how I think and did not count that against me even if I said the wrong answer. He also was very patient and taught me minor but nonetheless important things I didn't know. It was a great learning experience.

Skill Test was pass fail (will pass w/ less than 2 critical fails)
    and interview scored on whether 1)background 2)action 3) result were present.

If you passed both you will pretty much be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name a dangerous work situation and how you've handled it or help prevent it from escalating   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Care Ambulance Service.

Received an interview invitation a few days after filling out application online, which included personality test. The interview was about 3 weeks later. Very easy 50 question test that you had to pass before doing a skills test (they give you the skills sheets in advance) and a 2-person interview, which are pass/fail. They seem to prefer people with customer service experience, even if it's only in the retail/restaurant industries. Job offer is then conditional and dependent on background check, drug screening and physical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were in an unusual situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

EMT Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Care Ambulance Service.

3 person panel interview.