Care UK Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.7

Domestic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Care UK (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I rang the home bell, spoke to the receptionist who, proudly,gave me a tour of the home then the receptionist made me a cup of tea and gave me an application form to fill out. Then I met the house manager, then we went into a comfortable sitting room and I answered verbal questions based on my application form and a few open questions, whilst the interviewer made notes.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what COSHH stands for and what it entails?   1 Answer
    • When was there a time where you had to overcome a fear?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Care UK.

Interview

The people interviewing me did not introduce themselves. I had to write answers to senarios in a busy sales department. Interview was intimidating and a lot of my answers were pulled to pieces. An interview is a two way process.

Interview Questions

Flat rate salary no extras for weekends, Christmas, Easter, bank holidays so exploitation considering what they charge to stay in one of their homes.

Waking Nights Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Care UK (Stroud, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Application form filled in and CV submitted. Phone call from secretary to arrange interview and confirmed with e.mail.
    Interviewed by two women, both casually dressed and unintimidating. Interview lasted for approximately 1 hour. Found questions challenging as I have not been for an official interview for over 30 years.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you made a bad decision, but the outcome was positive. This was in relation to interpersonal skills.   Answer Question

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Care UK (Colchester, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

application form filled out and submitted, interview, week of training, shadow training. Managers had a very calming influence which made the interview professional yet smooth. Training was extremely eye opening, passionate and engaging. It was also very daunting as there felt like there was much to learn, however, the managers made it very clear that there was no such thing as a stupid question which made everyone feel at ease. The trainers would often use engaging, practical exercises to get everyone used to each other. This made everyone feel at ease sharing their personal experiences.

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Care UK (Ponteland, England (UK)).

Interview

Quite ad-hoc. More along the lines of whether the manager liked you or not. If you are family you will probably get the job!

The level of being up to date skills wise can leave a lot to be desired.

Negotiation

Go for your price and stick to it. All pay is not equal there.

Support Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Care UK (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled an application form and handed it personally to the company. Later I had a phone interview where I answered general questions. Very soon, I was called for a formal interview which went well. They focused on personality and general personal outlook towards care as is expected and made me feel relatively at ease.

Interview Questions

• How you fit the role based on your personal experiences.   1 Answer