Care UK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.7

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Care UK (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Two way discussion - felt welcomed and was given a lot of info about the company. Good amount of contact was made along side interview process.The questions were challenging but the interviewer put me at ease so I was able to give my full answers etc It wasn't an interrogation, this style puts me off. I liked that it was informative and an open discussion. There wasn't any messing around!

Interview Questions

• Specifically what I had worked on in the past and how I would use those skills in this role   1 Answer

Clinical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Care UK (Southall, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Written paper, face to face interview on experience, training and aims then a clinical exam on diagnoses and rule outs. 2 clinicians on the panel with 3 scenarios. One acted as a caller/patient and the other took notes and asked for your answers at the end.

Interview Questions

• About my experience as a Paramedic and why I didn't want to work in the NHS any more.   Answer Question

Domestic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Care UK (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I rang the home bell, spoke to the receptionist who, proudly,gave me a tour of the home then the receptionist made me a cup of tea and gave me an application form to fill out. Then I met the house manager, then we went into a comfortable sitting room and I answered verbal questions based on my application form and a few open questions, whilst the interviewer made notes.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what COSHH stands for and what it entails?   1 Answer
    • When was there a time where you had to overcome a fear?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Care UK.

Interview

The people interviewing me did not introduce themselves. I had to write answers to senarios in a busy sales department. Interview was intimidating and a lot of my answers were pulled to pieces. An interview is a two way process.

Interview Questions

Flat rate salary no extras for weekends, Christmas, Easter, bank holidays so exploitation considering what they charge to stay in one of their homes.

Waking Nights Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stroud, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Care UK (Stroud, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Application form filled in and CV submitted. Phone call from secretary to arrange interview and confirmed with e.mail. Interviewed by two women, both casually dressed and unintimidating. Interview lasted for approximately 1 hour. Found questions challenging as I have not been for an official interview for over 30 years.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you made a bad decision, but the outcome was positive. This was in relation to interpersonal skills.   Answer Question

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Care UK (Colchester, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was thorough but as expected. Feedback was quick and the job description matches the reality of the role. The interview questions were all relevant to the role and we were able to explore the possible progression opportunities which could available to me in the future. I was asked to carry out a presentation on my previous experience and also to complete some online tests, which indicated areas where I may need to develop.

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Care UK (Colchester, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

application form filled out and submitted, interview, week of training, shadow training. Managers had a very calming influence which made the interview professional yet smooth. Training was extremely eye opening, passionate and engaging. It was also very daunting as there felt like there was much to learn, however, the managers made it very clear that there was no such thing as a stupid question which made everyone feel at ease. The trainers would often use engaging, practical exercises to get everyone used to each other. This made everyone feel at ease sharing their personal experiences.

PACU Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepton Mallet, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Care UK (Shepton Mallet, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was introduced to the interviewers, had the interview and then was given a tour of the dept and building. I was introduced to numerous members of staff which gave me a good indication of attitudes and friendliness of current staff members.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my previous work experience would benefit me in they employed me.   1 Answer

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponteland, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Care UK (Ponteland, England (UK)).

Interview

Quite ad-hoc. More along the lines of whether the manager liked you or not. If you are family you will probably get the job! The level of being up to date skills wise can leave a lot to be desired.

Negotiation

Go for your price and stick to it. All pay is not equal there.

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Care UK (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled an application form and handed it personally to the company. Later I had a phone interview where I answered general questions. Very soon, I was called for a formal interview which went well. They focused on personality and general personal outlook towards care as is expected and made me feel relatively at ease.

Interview Questions

• How you fit the role based on your personal experiences.   1 Answer