Care.com

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.3

Summer Inter Interview

Had a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager where I was asked about app development and ideas to improve on existing apps. There were also several resume based questions but not much behavioral

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to redesign the popular (at the time) news app flipboard.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Care.com.

Contacted by recruiter, interviewed with HR and hiring manager then senior management. Interviews were brief and more about cultural fit than skills qualification. Want to make sure you team player and expect to work a lot.

they do not negotiate

Automation QA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Care.com.

My Resume got submitted 3 weeks back through a Vendor Recruiter. Company Senior Hiring manager had a telephonic interview with me. It went very well. Another Senior manager also did a phone interview with me. Both Interviews went very well. Both the managers were very considerate and nice in the phone interviews. They invited me for a Face to Face Interview. Due to my skills being not adequate for this particular role, I requested to stop taking any further steps and informed the same to the managers.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Talk about Agile?
      2) Is Waterfall better or Agile Better?
      3) Write SQL Join query
      4) Heavy Automation experience is needed for this role. Are you a fast learner?
      and Other QA questions.

Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Care.com in February 2014.

The Interview process was quick but never met with the CEO. Just the recruiter and HR. Based on my experience sitting in the lobby waiting for my interview there is no confidentiality the group is extremely young with no polish. While waiting the receptionist had a conversation about someone in legal walking out the door the evening before. Very unprofessional environment.

Interview Questions
    • None. I have no idea what they were looking for in an EA except you had to be tolerant and a 24/7 employee for the CEO/Founder.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Care.com.

Hiring process consisted of a phone screen, in person interview, Test/Presentation, More In Person Interviews, Meeting with CEO. They dub the process as the "most difficult" job interview you will experience.

Interview Questions
    • The test portion of the interview was scenario based. There were two different business problems, one was centered around the requirements for a promotion code addition during the checkout process, and the second was around what to do around jobs that were not being applied to..   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Care.com in December 2013.

Fist initial contact is via email, and quickly followed up by a phone call. The call is made by HR, and after this the in-office interviews are scheduled. For the in person interviews there are normally more than 3 people involved, from analyst/associate level to senior management. The final decision is normally reached very quickly

Interview Questions
    • Business cases are asked. That means, for as an example marketing, that the applicant needs to describe how he/she would design a specific campaign to reach a given goal with limited resources   Answer Question
    No negotiations were possible

Senior IOS Developer Interview

The process was fine. Rigorous. A bit stuff. But reasonable

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Care.com in September 2013.

I met with 2 people before a decision was made. Considering I came from an agency and was interviewing for a temp role at the time, it was quick and painless.

non-negotiable

QA Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Care.com.

2 interviews. 1st with 3 rounds for web applications, database and testing each

Stay Away From This Disaster If You Value Your Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Care.com.

I applied online for QA engineer position.

This was so far most disastrous interview process I have ever gone through in 10 years of my career.
    They contacted me to schedule phone interview, which we did by exchanging emails.
    So first phone screen interview was scheduled for last week - in fact: nobody called at the time that was scheduled, wasted my lunch waiting for the call.
    The very same day I contacted back their HR, and their answer was "I will contact the team and reschedule it for you"...
    1 week passed - nothing, no contact, no getting back with any answer.
    Contacting HR again - the answer is "You are confirmed for the phone screen interview, tomorrow person A <Name> will call you at _ _ pm time"
    Next day at _ _ pm, I'm getting call NOT from the person A, but from the person B (who actually did not give me their name, just told me to be from the company, so I assumed that I was on the phone with the right person till later), and while I'm on the phone with this person B, the person A is trying to call me and leaving me multiple Voicemail messages.
    This person B (that I'm on the phone with) don't ask to tell about my current job or previous experience or anything else and go straight ahead deep into technical questions. And when I say technical - I mean, as technical as I've ever get during the interview(especially on the phone), to the smallest details of every subject that was discussed.
    This interview in my opinion should be called "technical audition" not the typical phone screen and candidate should receive some type of overview 'What to expect" in .doc before going into it.
    But most important thing (that it wasn't Microsoft environment) I've learned in the last 1 min of the interview. if I saw it in their Job description (it was not disclosed anywhere) or at least if it was mentioned in the beginning of the interview I would not waste my time to even submitting my self.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Expert level details on QTP ... The easiest 3 question were : Explain descriptive programming and how it works? Examples of checkpoints, where will you use them, what do they do, how do they work? How do you introduce objects to QTP and save them so that qtp can recognize them? Altogether there were over 20 QTP questions. I also can remember questions about removing cookies from QTP, differences in recording modes, reports etc.
      2. Write SQL scripts with given (verbally) example of some tables and their columns and join these tables, selecting only certain columns and raws to find the value (of something), find primary key and foreigner key in given tables (was not very clear, because names obviously weren't match)
      3. Explain SoapUI functionality and middleware testing with real-life examples and how it works on the back-end. How would you introduce some data to SoapUI etc.
      4. Explain HTTPS protocols (not only to be encrypted, but HOW it works to the small details)
      5. Linux scripting related questions.
      5. More network and system administration related questions that I declined to answer because that is not my area of expertise.

Answer Question