CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Advertised As Database Administrator But Position Was Not Database Administrator But Some Weird Other Title Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield in March 2009.

Interview

I forget which recuiter I dealt with but it was not one of the big ones in MD. The ad I answered was for a database administrator, but when I came in to interview, I heard conflicting things of exactly what the job I was interviewing for was. I thought I was very clear in my resume and cover letter and verbal explanations of what I was looking for and my skills...the office building in Owings Mills was beautiful but the area I was in seemed like a real pressure cooker. Everyone was running around - apparently they were in some mass hiring rush. I had to wait around while other interviews were going in. One of the most memorable interviews there was with an older guy who seemed to like what I was saying but kept saying "Go ahead...keep selling yourself" when I stopped talking. Overall I think there was 4 interviews that day - a 1:1 first, then I met with 2 guys, and then that older man, and then an HR rep. Funny thing is that everyone painted a different picture of the job and it really was not for what the recruiter advertised for.

Interview Questions

I started having second thoughts about leaving my current employer so that was a big reason. The other was that salary would stay the same as I was making with my current employer so there was no financial incentive to move. The was the fact that I really had no clue what the job would actually entail despite all the questions I asked and conflicting answers. They seemed like they really wanted me to work there, but I really had doubts if they knew what they wanted and if I could figure out the mess they described.