CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I got called by their recruiter, had a brief phone interview. A few days later I got Schedule for a face to face Interview. I was interviewed by a the hiring manager that made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. The interview went well and was called the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions

The first offer was very much below my qualifications and I countered. They came back with another counter which I declined.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

We connected during school career fair. Had one hour interview with assistant to the CEO. I mostly asked questions about trends in healthcare insurance. We had detailed conversation on health exchange market places and how that effects premiums. We talked about all the different projects I could get involved in, and I presented my experiences in market research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Interns receive standard compensation, no negotiation possible.

Hospital Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Awful, it was like a personality test. They were asking a lot of questions regarding my personal life, which do not have anything to do with my skills and abilities to perform well on the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you failed to provide needed care to a client?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Hills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Hills, MD).

Interview

Applied online, received an email regarding an . After passing the asssesment received an email to schedule an interview. In the email contained information regarding training, start date, and job description.Interviewed by two supervisors, basic customer service questions. Received a call about a week after the interview regarding an offer.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

Applied on CareFirst website. I then asked around to a few people I knew that worked there to find out more information. I received an email about 2 weeks later from one of the HR recruiter asking me if I was still interested and for salary requirements. Once I responded I received an email shortly after asking if I was available for an in person interview within the next week. I arrived at the site and had an interview with two managers. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. They indicated they would be making a decision within the next two weeks. I did not hear anything so I emailed the HR recruiter and he indicated due to holidays they had additional interviews in process so it would be another two weeks. I received a phone call from the HR recruiter making me an offer and providing a start date three weeks later. This was followed by an email with offer in writing and steps for new hire process. Two weeks later received email to fill out information for a background check, forms to print out and complete for orientation. From initial application to orientation day was approximately 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• About twenty different scenario questions on how I would handle various scenarios, i.e. how would I respond to a customer that needed an answer that I did not have available. They were not "difficult" questions, but coming up with specific examples while sitting there as they were waiting was a little stressful.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted the whole day and consisted of four rounds of interview with three to four employees. You have two interviews in the morning, followed by a lunch break on them, and then the rest of the two interviews. Relaxed atmosphere for the most part. You have to be quantitative heavy though.

Interview Questions

• What mistake did you ever make at the job and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online the process took about two weeks before I received a link to an assessment online. I then received a call four days later for an in person interview. The interview consisted of standard STAR questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated the schedule I will be working.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I was approached by two recruiters for two different departments at CareFirst in the same week. I had an initial telephone screening with both. Due to internal delays, I only interviewed with one of the departments. My first day of interviews consisted of 2 one-hour meetings with the team, and two 30 minute interviews with the hiring manager, and the department VP. I was invited back the following week for additional interviews. In the second round, I met with the other Project Manager in the department, and with one of the managers for the business areas that I would be supporting. I also had a follow-up with the hiring manager. I was offered the position two days later.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly unexpected. The team asked questions from a script. There was definitely an expectation that I would be able to speak extensively about the health insurance industry. There were not a lot of questions about my project management background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was informed up-front that the offer I was being made was beyond the original budget for the position, and therefore I wouldn't be able to negotiate. The offer was exactly the same salary as I was making before, with a ~5% signing bonus as compensation for being interviewed 3 weeks after the cutoff for the annual performance bonus.

Account Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

I had an initial interview with HR and was then asked for in in person interview. I recieved an offer shortly after my in person interview. The questions were fairly easy, it was one of my easier interviewing experiences.

Lead Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

Got an email requesting for an interview. Schedules interview withing about a week. At the interview, met with HR and two hiring managers. HR questions mostly about my education and experience, and any gaps that existed in my work history. HR provided information too about company benefits. The hiring managers were more detailed in explaining the job description. They also asked technical questions, and were interested in details about my previous employment. The technical questions were mostly on databases (e.g. join types) and business intelligence tools and concepts. Some questions too on working on projects as a group or alone.

Interview Questions

• My weakness, and how I deal with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mostly based on education and experience