CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions

2.5

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Hills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Hills, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Applied online, received an email regarding an . After passing the asssesment received an email to schedule an interview. In the email contained information regarding training, start date, and job description.Interviewed by two supervisors, basic customer service questions. Received a call about a week after the interview regarding an offer.

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Applied on CareFirst website. I then asked around to a few people I knew that worked there to find out more information. I received an email about 2 weeks later from one of the HR recruiter asking me if I was still interested and for salary requirements. Once I responded I received an email shortly after asking if I was available for an in person interview within the next week. I arrived at the site and had an interview with two managers. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. They indicated they would be making a decision within the next two weeks. I did not hear anything so I emailed the HR recruiter and he indicated due to holidays they had additional interviews in process so it would be another two weeks. I received a phone call from the HR recruiter making me an offer and providing a start date three weeks later. This was followed by an email with offer in writing and steps for new hire process. Two weeks later received email to fill out information for a background check, forms to print out and complete for orientation. From initial application to orientation day was approximately 8 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • About twenty different scenario questions on how I would handle various scenarios, i.e. how would I respond to a customer that needed an answer that I did not have available. They were not "difficult" questions, but coming up with specific examples while sitting there as they were waiting was a little stressful.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield in December 2014.

I applied online the process took about two weeks before I received a link to an assessment online. I then received a call four days later for an in person interview. The interview consisted of standard STAR questions.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated the schedule I will be working.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield in October 2014.

I was approached by two recruiters for two different departments at CareFirst in the same week. I had an initial telephone screening with both. Due to internal delays, I only interviewed with one of the departments. My first day of interviews consisted of 2 one-hour meetings with the team, and two 30 minute interviews with the hiring manager, and the department VP. I was invited back the following week for additional interviews. In the second round, I met with the other Project Manager in the department, and with one of the managers for the business areas that I would be supporting. I also had a follow-up with the hiring manager. I was offered the position two days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected. The team asked questions from a script. There was definitely an expectation that I would be able to speak extensively about the health insurance industry. There were not a lot of questions about my project management background.   Answer Question
    I was informed up-front that the offer I was being made was beyond the original budget for the position, and therefore I wouldn't be able to negotiate. The offer was exactly the same salary as I was making before, with a ~5% signing bonus as compensation for being interviewed 3 weeks after the cutoff for the annual performance bonus.

Account Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

I had an initial interview with HR and was then asked for in in person interview. I recieved an offer shortly after my in person interview. The questions were fairly easy, it was one of my easier interviewing experiences.

Lead Programmer Analyst Interview

Got an email requesting for an interview. Schedules interview withing about a week. At the interview, met with HR and two hiring managers. HR questions mostly about my education and experience, and any gaps that existed in my work history. HR provided information too about company benefits. The hiring managers were more detailed in explaining the job description. They also asked technical questions, and were interested in details about my previous employment. The technical questions were mostly on databases (e.g. join types) and business intelligence tools and concepts. Some questions too on working on projects as a group or alone.

Interview Questions
    Mostly based on education and experience

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

The most difficult part seems to be getting selected to begin the process. They have a basic and very textbook hiring and interview process once you are selected to get to that point. My experience with the HR personnel was very pleasant and gave me a really great feeling about the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected or difficult questions for a customer service position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

i was ask to write a detail of what a customer service rep is to a company

Interview Questions
    they made an offer i accepted with no weekends or holidays to work and no 10 hour shifts for 7 days

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

The process was structured but it took a very long time for the company to present an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you use the free online resources to prepare for the interview then you won't get surprise with difficult questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

Had an initial phone screening to discuss the position and my background. Then had an in person interview one of the managers. They called back in a week or two.

Internship - no negotiation