CareFusion Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CareFusion.

Interview

Horrible interviewing experience and I'd say the worst I've ever had. Abusive, belittling interviewers if you don't know something. In any case, they extended me an offer, but much lower than I asked for so I had to decline. Be prepared for your fears to be played on and told you won't find anything better. Funny, weeks later I found something with a much better environment, cooler employees, and higher paying at a large tech company. So glad I didn't accept when there is much better out there!

Interview Questions

• Small coding exercise, general design, panel questioning.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Still in process . . . But my opinion so far . . . 4 interviews . . They put me through to the hiring manager quickly so I didn't waste time in talent acquisition department. First interview was more of a meet and greet, learn more about the job, concerns, etc. Second interview had typical interview questions. Third interview was more getting to know the product I'd be selling and meeting another team member. Fourth interview is an in-person formal sales presentation to senior sales team. I chose the details, they just gave an outline and time frame. Job offer will be same day if they like the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a plan and the plan got altered. How did you deal with that change?   Answer Question

Consultant Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I'd had my eye on this employer for a long time. Unfortunately, the only advertised positions were for entry-level candidates. Then apparently those reqs were cancelled and a new one was issued for a more senior contributor. I immediately applied, and within a week or two was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. After explaining myself, I asked what he was looking for. He said the most important traits were willingness to collaborate and ability to learn new tools. I felt optimistic that we had a match.

Three days later I was in for a panel interview with the hiring manager and six people who report to him. The conversation was mostly relaxed and very pleasant. I believe everyone could see that I would be a good addition to the team.

There was no mention of money until the agency phoned a week later with an offer. The figure was much lower than I had anticipated (and I'd already come to terms with the reality that my next job would pay less than the previous one). I attempted to negotiate but the hiring manager said he had no budget to pay more. I regretfully declined the offer and remain sorry that I did not end up working there.

Interview Questions

• Standard fare: Tell us who you are, what you've done, why you are looking for work.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CareFusion.

Interview

As a technician you just get interviewed by one person in the department I worked. Afterwords they show you around the lab whether you are to be hired or not. They might even ask you questions along the tour. But overall it was a very easy going process, if you are just looking for technician position.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter of a staffing agency regarding this position. Before I was even allowed to have the telephone interview, I had to send in 3 recommendation letters. This was something new to me but I did it.

I had a telephone interview with the supervisor and with a senior product engineer. The interview was very unsual in that it was geared more towards what type of work I would really like to do. They were having problems keeping people in this position and wanted to make sure that I wasn't not trying to be a developer and that I would be okay with a production type data analyst position.

After the phone interview, I received a phone call asking me to come in for a face to face interview. When I first got there, I sat down with a product engineer and watched her work for about 30 minutes. Then I had an interview with the supervisor, the senior product engineer was on the phone, and there were also 2 other product engineers in the room.

After 30 minutes, they left and I interviewed with an Implementation manager who was more familiar with HR related information and who just asked me a few basic questions.

Two days later, I was informed by the recruiter that I had gotten the position. I had to then send out 5 recommendation surveys before I could receive my offer letter, even though I had already completed recommendation letters up front. After these were sent to the company by my references, I received my hire letter. I begin the background check and a drug test and then was able to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what I requested so there was no need for a negotiation.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CareFusion (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

There were 2 interviews that were fairly simple. The outside recruiter was very helpful with keeping me updated but the process was very slow. I was told several things so not sure what happened at the end except I never heard back regarding the status.

Interview Questions

• How would you complete a given task?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

i got a call from recruiter around 11:30, but missed it. then i called back, it is answered. she asked me some question about my background. i answered briefly. but then got no followup.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. A week after she invited me for an interview . The interview was about 3 hours. 5 people interviewed me. Some OO design, C#, and DB questions. the questions were average and reasonable. During interview they asked me a lot of questions about my previous jobs. The management team asked me some behavoiral questions in additional of some questions about my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult. But the way the treated me was really unethical and unprofessional. The very next day after the interview, the recruiter called me and asked me about the salary and my references. I provided my references list and also my desired salary. She talked to the hiring managers and then emailed me that they offer 5k less than what I asked for. I told her I will think about it and I will get back to her. Next day I called her and I accepted their offered salary which was less than what I asked for. But after half of hour she called me again and told me that they changed their mind and they reduced their offer another 5k. As during the interview I told them that I was laid off and they known I need a job. But I could not believe that they change their own offer. That's why I figured out I don't want to work for these kind of people. So I declined their offer and their job.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, did not exactly fit the job requirements but submitted resume anyway. Contacted two days later and had phone interview with senior engineer which went well. In person interview with senior engineer and hiring manager two days later. Job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked what was the most difficult technical problem you encountered that you were able to resolve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, hourly fee, temporary employment. Rate agreed to before application submitted to the company.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a school job fair. I had two sets of interviews. The first one was one on one with the program lead and the questions were mostly behavioral. And then I was asked back for series of interviews. Most of the questions were not technical. I interviewers were pretty imtimidating.