CareFusion

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I interviewed at CareFusion in October 2013.

Interview Details – 10 interviews. 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – what is QoS?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Horrible company with really bad people who have no idea what they're doing. Interviewed with the hiring manager who they canned days before their decision. Apparently these sudden layoffs are common here (ouch).

This was my second time interviewing with the company and they dragged their feet and called countless interviews with people who had no stake in the decision process. It is clear that a good number of the organization, outside of engineering, have no business being there and do a better job wasting the valuable time of those interviewing. HR is screwing up here big time on both organization and the talent they have recruited in the past.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CareFusion.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice for two similar positions, about 4 months part. In both cases interviewed with 4-5 people, long 5 hour interviews. Both interviews happened during a week when there was a layoff. in both cases a week or so later they said an internal candidate was chosen. Not sure if they were deliberately wasting my time or were that disorganized. The two separate jobs I was interviewing for are still in Monster and other job engines and its been about a year.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at CareFusion in May 2009.

Interview Details – HR interview, Hiring Manager and Director/ VP interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CareFusion.

Interview Details – Met at job fair, one interview with two people, and then got a call for an offer.

Interview Question – Some object oriented shape question   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CareFusion in September 2013.

Interview Details – Round one started with talking with two other team members. This was mostly technical in terms of systems experience and strength. Talked about their background and mine as well. Questions were aimed at learning how I might handle creating dashboards and other informational data presentations and analysis. This was professional and friendly with my own questions encouraged. Then I talked with the hiring manager. This seemed more like casual conversation. He threw a couple curveball questions at me to gauge how I handle on the spot thinking. Overall process was very pleasant and lasted about 1:30-1:45. Round two was an Excel and Access test with a 45 minute time limit (with no internet connection to Google stuff, as expected). The access section seemed pretty simple for somebody with decent skills. The Excel section did have some high end tasks (VBA, a situation where a VLOOKUP formula would not work, creative date logic, data validation). The test required a very solid understanding of Excel along with creativity. I guess if you claim to be proficient in a piece of software, be ready to back it up.

Interview Questions

• How many new cars were sold in San Diego last year?   View Answer
  • What feature do you wish was in MS Excel that is currently not available?   View Answer
  • How do you accomplish the equivalent of a vlookup formula that has a row index of negative one?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They look for the right people, and when they find that person, they seem willing to work with you. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Very Difficult Interview

Clinical Consultant Interview

Clinical Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CareFusion in February 2012.

Interview Details – Sought out by them recruited via internet. Several phones interviews and then a group interview. Be ready for conflicting questions and attempts to throw curves during interview. I didn't feel comfortable during the process. I felt as though the group part was dis-joined rushed and they weren't ready to handle the influx of candidates.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Managers name.I didn't even know her at that point she had just been promoted.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – go else were no stability difficult people to please

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Mannford, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CareFusion in August 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview Process was very traditional. The process began with a call from one of their recruiters asking some basic questions from my resume. Then interview was scheduled with a team from manufacturing process. This group consisted of plant manager, production manager, and three supervisors. The group was very friendly and went out of their way to make it a confortable setting.

Interview Question – What knowledge did I have regarding the needle manufacturing business.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I made a counter offer. We met in the middle.

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CareFusion in May 2011.

Interview Details – You interview with 3 people.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were typical. Such as What three qualities do you have that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they did not allow me to make a counter offer. It was take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CareFusion.

Interview Details – 13 phone or 1:1 interviews. The process was pretty unorganized.

Interview Question – I don't remember   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at CareFusion in July 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was a great experience for me as I knew I might not have qualified but the hiring Manager liked me so much he gave me a reference for my next posting that I apply for. Even though I didn't have everything he was looking for, I did make a positive impression.

Interview Question – What would your Boss say about you?   Answer Question