CareFusion Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.6

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then phone interview with the hiring manager, then in-person interview with the hiring manager and a panel, then offer. Very standard process with easy questions - didn't need to study up on anything and only lightly covered my experience and history. Nothing much more to say - it was one of the easier interviews I've been on, left feeling good, and got an offer within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Very boiler-plate questions "tell me about past experience doing X, Y, Z"   Answer Question

Regulatory Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the corporate HR office, this was the worst experience ever!

They lead you on, then after all the travel arrangements, they decline at the 11th hour and
    come up with a lame excuse claiming to prefer local candidates after wasting 2 weeks
    of my time.

They have such limited budgets to work with and can't even afford to pay anything.

The most incompetent team ever!

I am glad I didn't pursue this company, based on all the negative feedback!

Interview Questions

• They never even bothered to read my resume prior to the interview, absolute clueless.
      The job title was senior but when interviewed they weren't sure!
      The interviewer was so arrogant, it was all about him, then abruptly had to go.
      This was the most unprofessional interview I ever had.

1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with human resources, mostly about the location and salary. Then phone interview with the hiring manager, very easy. invited for on-site interview, interviewed with 5 people, mostly behavioral questions, very easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asks you to do a test that you know is not right?   Answer Question

Consultant Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I'd had my eye on this employer for a long time. Unfortunately, the only advertised positions were for entry-level candidates. Then apparently those reqs were cancelled and a new one was issued for a more senior contributor. I immediately applied, and within a week or two was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. After explaining myself, I asked what he was looking for. He said the most important traits were willingness to collaborate and ability to learn new tools. I felt optimistic that we had a match.

Three days later I was in for a panel interview with the hiring manager and six people who report to him. The conversation was mostly relaxed and very pleasant. I believe everyone could see that I would be a good addition to the team.

There was no mention of money until the agency phoned a week later with an offer. The figure was much lower than I had anticipated (and I'd already come to terms with the reality that my next job would pay less than the previous one). I attempted to negotiate but the hiring manager said he had no budget to pay more. I regretfully declined the offer and remain sorry that I did not end up working there.

Interview Questions

• Standard fare: Tell us who you are, what you've done, why you are looking for work.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, did not exactly fit the job requirements but submitted resume anyway. Contacted two days later and had phone interview with senior engineer which went well. In person interview with senior engineer and hiring manager two days later. Job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked what was the most difficult technical problem you encountered that you were able to resolve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, hourly fee, temporary employment. Rate agreed to before application submitted to the company.

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Thirty minute one on one with an HR person and 4 managers. Some of the managers were not available so I have to talk to them over the phone in the assigned conference room. HR was very helpful and even gave some coaching and advise on what will be the best answers to the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What skills are you bringing to CareFusion to be a successful Data Analytics intern?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The recruiter sounded like she was 10 years old. I could hear a bunch of other people talking in the background, it sounded like a telemarketing agency. The recruiter didn't seem to be paying attention to me when I was talking because I would stop or pause and wait for them to continue only to have to ask them, "Hello, are you still there?" Not a very professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed twice for two similar positions, about 4 months part. In both cases interviewed with 4-5 people, long 5 hour interviews. Both interviews happened during a week when there was a layoff. in both cases a week or so later they said an internal candidate was chosen. Not sure if they were deliberately wasting my time or were that disorganized. The two separate jobs I was interviewing for are still in Monster and other job engines and its been about a year.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Took 3 weeks, got a call from recruiter for onside interview setup with hiring manager, director, and team members., they ask about my previous job experiences, background. They explained the job requirements...

Interview Questions

• no unusual questions, asked about previous experiences...   Answer Question

Negotiation

asked more money, they counteroffer with more than initial offer but less than I asked.....

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

interviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

10 interviews. 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Horrible company with really bad people who have no idea what they're doing. Interviewed with the hiring manager who they canned days before their decision. Apparently these sudden layoffs are common here (ouch).

This was my second time interviewing with the company and they dragged their feet and called countless interviews with people who had no stake in the decision process. It is clear that a good number of the organization, outside of engineering, have no business being there and do a better job wasting the valuable time of those interviewing. HR is screwing up here big time on both organization and the talent they have recruited in the past.