CareFusion

2.6

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CareFusion.

Contacted by recruiter, did not exactly fit the job requirements but submitted resume anyway. Contacted two days later and had phone interview with senior engineer which went well. In person interview with senior engineer and hiring manager two days later. Job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what was the most difficult technical problem you encountered that you were able to resolve.   View Answer
    No negotiation, hourly fee, temporary employment. Rate agreed to before application submitted to the company.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CareFusion.

Interviewed twice for two similar positions, about 4 months part. In both cases interviewed with 4-5 people, long 5 hour interviews. Both interviews happened during a week when there was a layoff. in both cases a week or so later they said an internal candidate was chosen. Not sure if they were deliberately wasting my time or were that disorganized. The two separate jobs I was interviewing for are still in Monster and other job engines and its been about a year.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion in December 2013.

Took 3 weeks, got a call from recruiter for onside interview setup with hiring manager, director, and team members., they ask about my previous job experiences, background. They explained the job requirements...

Interview Questions
    • no unusual questions, asked about previous experiences...   Answer Question
    asked more money, they counteroffer with more than initial offer but less than I asked.....

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

interviewed at CareFusion in October 2013.

10 interviews. 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Horrible company with really bad people who have no idea what they're doing. Interviewed with the hiring manager who they canned days before their decision. Apparently these sudden layoffs are common here (ouch).

This was my second time interviewing with the company and they dragged their feet and called countless interviews with people who had no stake in the decision process. It is clear that a good number of the organization, outside of engineering, have no business being there and do a better job wasting the valuable time of those interviewing. HR is screwing up here big time on both organization and the talent they have recruited in the past.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion in September 2013.

Round one started with talking with two other team members. This was mostly technical in terms of systems experience and strength. Talked about their background and mine as well. Questions were aimed at learning how I might handle creating dashboards and other informational data presentations and analysis. This was professional and friendly with my own questions encouraged. Then I talked with the hiring manager. This seemed more like casual conversation. He threw a couple curveball questions at me to gauge how I handle on the spot thinking. Overall process was very pleasant and lasted about 1:30-1:45. Round two was an Excel and Access test with a 45 minute time limit (with no internet connection to Google stuff, as expected). The access section seemed pretty simple for somebody with decent skills. The Excel section did have some high end tasks (VBA, a situation where a VLOOKUP formula would not work, creative date logic, data validation). The test required a very solid understanding of Excel along with creativity. I guess if you claim to be proficient in a piece of software, be ready to back it up.

Interview Questions
    • How many new cars were sold in San Diego last year?   View Answer
    • What feature do you wish was in MS Excel that is currently not available?   View Answer
    • How do you accomplish the equivalent of a vlookup formula that has a row index of negative one?   View Answer
    They look for the right people, and when they find that person, they seem willing to work with you. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CareFusion in July 2013.

The interview process involves a panel of between 4 and 6 interviewers. It can go as long as one hour. There are a myriad of technical questions for verification purposes to ensure they have the real McCoy. For myself, the interview was a breeze. They want to make sure your background employment and/or education matches their needs.

Interview Questions
    • I wish I could say what the hardest question was. I tripped up on a technical question about VLookups and quickly recovered. When I gave an example of when, how, and why I had used them in the past.   Answer Question
    Perfect.

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion.

There are two days of interviews. The first day starts with a 30 minute interview with 2 managers followed by another 30 minute interview with 2 other managers. They detail the job and ask questions about your background to see if you are a good fit. There are no case studies.

If they like you, you go in to interview with a higher up manager who needs to approve the hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent business book you have read that you found to be very insightful?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CareFusion.

The screening interview was with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. For in-person, met with 5-6 interviewers on 1:1 for 30 minutes. So, it took about half a workday. The offer was made the next day.

pretty typical

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareFusion in October 2012.

Submit my resume in my school(UCSD) job fair. Got call one week later to have an interview at their company. they are all engineers and are pretty nice. Ask about my resume( they ask detail question so dont lie on ur resume) and 2 tech questiones.

Interview Questions
    • they ask me to write a program to draw a pattern on the screens. not very hard   Answer Question
    This is my first internship so I am pretty happy to get a paid internship. No negotiation

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at CareFusion in March 2012.

The interview process was a bit repetitive. The interview process was broken up into three separate interviews; a phone interview, an interview at the office in Sorrento Valley with the proposal team, and an interview back at the office with the management team. CareFusion seemed very unorganized and inefficient.

Interview Questions

The company seemed very inefficient and disorganized. They also had two separate proposal teams that were in competition with one another which isn't the kind of environment I thrive in. I was looking more for a team aenvironment and I got the feeling that everyone was only looking out for themselves.