Career Development Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

1.0

Human Resources/Marketing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Career Development Group.

No personal questions asked, just business related. The person conducting the interview is very prompt and polite. The hiring process is short and simple. Basically, their main requirements are reliability and your dedication to succeed as well as being a team player.

Interview Questions
    No need to negotiate.

Telecommute Customer Service Position Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Career Development Group in September 2013.

I applied for a Telecommute Customer Service position via an online ad that stated it was for a "Progressive earth friendly company". Since the company name was not stated it was clear that the job was posted by a recruiting company, which turned out to be Career Development Group. Even though the job was a telecommute position the city was listed as Buford, GA and when I did a Google search for the position many other ads with the same job description popped up for other cities in Georgia and even in other states. I should have seen a red flag immediately when the add only stated that you send your contact information and a "brief work history", no mention of a resume or cover letter. I proceed to apply and a within a few days I received a response from an employee that seemed generic, as if it were being sent to multiple people, and he asked me to pick an appointment time to have an online interview. I responded, confirming my appointment time for the next day. He then replied sending me a link to access the an online conference room that would be used for the interview and told me that he would call me 20-30 minutes prior to the interview to help me get logged in and asked me to proved a telephone number that I could best be reached at. I respond with my telephone number and decided to ask him if he was able to give me any information on the company and also whether the interview was going to be a group interview or not. Although I did not expect him to be able to give me the information I wanted to ask just in case he was able to give me some sort of insight in order to better prepare for the interview, but I received no response to the email.

The next day arrives and as I am preparing for the interview my appointment time is quickly approaching. Once it was 30 minutes prior to the interview I began waiting on the employee to call me in order to get me logged in to the online conference room. I kept waiting but no phone call. At 5 minutes prior to the interview I decided to call him. There is no answer and the voice mail is automated and does not even state his name, but I decided to leave a message anyway reminding him of my appointment and that he said he would call 20-30 minutes prior. I received no call back and at this point have no log in information, therefore I cannot proceed with the interview. That evening, still having not received any type of response from him, I sent him an email explaining that I had tried to reach him and that I was unable to do the interview because I was not provided any log in information. He never responded to that email either.

Career Development Group says their mission is "to provide solid career opportunities and career assistance for men and women at a time when millions of Americans are out of work and struggling" yet they contact people for interviews only to never be in contact with them again and their website has no contact information. I am not sure if this company is a scam or just poorly run, but my involvement with them was a waste of time and I hope this review helps others to be weary of getting involved with any type of career assistant from Career Development Group.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't able to answer any questions because I was not given a proper interview due to errors on their part.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Career Development Group

Worked for Career Development Group? Contribute to the Community!