Career Education

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.7

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview process was pretty detailed. The process was half a day. I met with the area sales director and the sales manager. Several applicants that were there for the interview. Many hours spent during the interview process and I was about to walk out during a video portion of it. I ended up staying and finished it. I wound up actually taking a position there.

National Admissions Advisor Interview

The questions about situations and how I would handle it. Just situations I would handle if something came up. Where I would want my career to go with the company.

Interview Questions
    I was not really the one negotiating. I got the job as a temp to hire.

Live Chat Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Career Education.

I had one phone interview and one face to face interview. Hiring process took about 1 month. You have a background check you will have to complete as well as employment verification.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us... This is just an entry level position with no moving up in the company which is clearly explained when you are interviewing.. so how so you want me to explain why this position is so darn special to get!!   View Answer
    i did not have to negotiate anything

Business Operations Manager Interview

Hired as part of an acquisition for interview process was probably not typical.

Able to get the flexible schedule I requested

Imaging Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Career Education.

Met with department manager through an interview set up through a temp agency. Interview was held in an empty conference room and lasted about 15 minutes. I was later called by the temp agency and told I had gotten the job. When I was hired on full-time, I submitted an internal application on the recommendation of my manager. I was approved to become a full-time employee (no additional interview needed), and went to the corporate headquarters for a one-on-one PowerPoint meeting about company policies.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Career Education.

I went in for a first interview and found out it was to be a group interview which was new for me. Turned out to be fine and went well but it took months for a call back for a second interview which was one on one. I was hired the following week.
    This whole process was fine I have nothing negative to say about it.

Interview Questions
    • It was awhile ago so I can't recall any. And to your questions below about a drug test or any other testing, I don't recall but I think that is part of the process now. Sorry!   Answer Question
    Back than I was able to negotiate my pay rate but that has since gone away since all the cut backs over the past 3 to 4 years.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Career Education.

Was fair process....hiring managers, HR, potential peers, etc.

easy, clear, professional.

Workforce Management Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Career Education.

I had a phone interview with an HR specialist, which was very positive. She told me they would be in contact with me, and I didn't hear anything for weeks. I finally got a call back to set up an interview with the department supervisor. We had a phone interview, which included a detailed description of the position, my experience, and many of the typical behavioral questions. It went well, and I had an on-site interview with the visiting Director in April. Again, we talked about experience and a few behavioral questions, but mostly chatted about the expectations and duties of the position. I had felt it went well, but about two weeks later I got a denial letter.

About a month later, I got a phone call from the recruiter, and they had decided to offer me the position. I was excited, but confused. During my training, my supervisor had told me that originally, they had lost my application/resume, which is why it took so long from my initial recruiter interview to actual interview. Then, the director had decided to offer the job to someone else. Before he started, he rubbed my supervisor the wrong way, and she let him go and hired me.

I am certain that this was a once-in-a-lifetime type of experience, as no one else I have talked to about it has experienced anything like it.

I didn't negotiate, as I was a little naive and wasn't aware that was something you could do. I know others hired into my department that did and were successful. Never hesitate to ask for what you think you are worth. The compensation is good, and most companies can do between 5-8% over the original offer.

Director of Career Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Career Education.

Corporate HR initiates the conversation, then meetings with campus-level staff.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather ask for permission or beg for forgiveness?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Career Education.

The interview was conducted in the actual office setting that you would work. Typically the Director of a team would meet you face to face at the receptionist's desk and take you to their office and complete the interview one on one or with another member of the workforce.

The initial hiring phase was completed through a staffing company. The staffing company worked diligently to ensure you were interviewed, that's their role.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer ended up being my first Director, so it was a nice experience to be interviewed by the same person that I would end up working under. A lot of people did not have the same experience, however, I believe the company has a basic rubric for questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were open, but I was more than satisfied with just getting hired!