Career Education

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Advisor Interview

Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Career Education in September 2010.

Interview Details – If interested, you will be sent to one of the Directors of Admission on the floor. Most of the Directors have less than 5 years experience. General interview questions. Interview no longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiate if you have skills.

Business Operations Manager Interview

Business Operations Manager

Interviewed at Career Education

Interview Details – Hired as part of an acquisition for interview process was probably not typical.

Negotiation Details – Able to get the flexible schedule I requested

Imaging Associate Interview

Imaging Associate
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – Met with department manager through an interview set up through a temp agency. Interview was held in an empty conference room and lasted about 15 minutes. I was later called by the temp agency and told I had gotten the job. When I was hired on full-time, I submitted an internal application on the recommendation of my manager. I was approved to become a full-time employee (no additional interview needed), and went to the corporate headquarters for a one-on-one PowerPoint meeting about company policies.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – I went in for a first interview and found out it was to be a group interview which was new for me. Turned out to be fine and went well but it took months for a call back for a second interview which was one on one. I was hired the following week.
This whole process was fine I have nothing negative to say about it.

Interview Question – It was awhile ago so I can't recall any. And to your questions below about a drug test or any other testing, I don't recall but I think that is part of the process now. Sorry!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back than I was able to negotiate my pay rate but that has since gone away since all the cut backs over the past 3 to 4 years.

Director of Career Services Interview

Director of Career Services
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Career Education in November 2012.

Interview Details – Long interview process begining with application through multiple hiring managers and department reviews. Process includes behavioral questions and face to face interviews. A good understanding of higher education is a must and a clear focus on doing what is best for the students is imperative!

Interview Question – Tell me about how you overcame a difficult situation with a co-worker, and did it effect your future professional dealings.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – Was fair process....hiring managers, HR, potential peers, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, clear, professional.

Librarian Interview

Librarian
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Career Education in November 2009.

Interview Details – Most strange in-person interview - all he did was talk about himself. Only direct question he asked me was how far away from school did I live.

Interview Question – How far away do you live - only question asked   Answer Question

Workforce Management Coordinator Interview

Workforce Management Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with an HR specialist, which was very positive. She told me they would be in contact with me, and I didn't hear anything for weeks. I finally got a call back to set up an interview with the department supervisor. We had a phone interview, which included a detailed description of the position, my experience, and many of the typical behavioral questions. It went well, and I had an on-site interview with the visiting Director in April. Again, we talked about experience and a few behavioral questions, but mostly chatted about the expectations and duties of the position. I had felt it went well, but about two weeks later I got a denial letter.

About a month later, I got a phone call from the recruiter, and they had decided to offer me the position. I was excited, but confused. During my training, my supervisor had told me that originally, they had lost my application/resume, which is why it took so long from my initial recruiter interview to actual interview. Then, the director had decided to offer the job to someone else. Before he started, he rubbed my supervisor the wrong way, and she let him go and hired me.

I am certain that this was a once-in-a-lifetime type of experience, as no one else I have talked to about it has experienced anything like it.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, as I was a little naive and wasn't aware that was something you could do. I know others hired into my department that did and were successful. Never hesitate to ask for what you think you are worth. The compensation is good, and most companies can do between 5-8% over the original offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Career Education in March 2012.

Interview Details – 6 interviews

Interview Question – Can you name the president of Egypt?   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Career Education in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact from the recruiter was great! Interview process was good, quite pleasant. No questions out of left field. All of the hiring managers seemed to be knowledgeable about the position and the requirements. The interview process started with phone screen, then phone interview with the hiring manager, before a face-to face interview with leadership.

Interview Question – Do you have a copy of your resume?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was not difficult at all. They seemed to recognize the position needed to pay well to align my experience and credentials.

Worked for Career Education? Contribute to the Community!