Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Career Education
- Admissions Advisor (3)
- Director of Career Services (2)
- Financial Aid Advisor (2)
- Admissions Representative (2)
- Program Chair (2)
- Business Development Representative (1)
- Manager (1)
- CPC Processor (1)
- Senior Financial Aid Advisor (1)
- National Admissions Advisor (1)
- Workforce Management Coordinator (1)
- Imaging Associate (1)
- Lead LOA Specialist (1)
- Live Chat Specialist (1)
- IRC Coordinator (1)
- Student Finance - Financial Aid Advisor (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Librarian (1)
- Instructional Designer (1)
- Enrollment Coordinator (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Consultant (1)
- Senior QA Analyst (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Director (1)
- National Account Manager (1)
- Business Operations Manager (1)
- Training Specialist (1)
- Advertising Manager (1)
- Advisor (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2009.
Recruiter called and said I have been selected for a group interview. Group interview consisted of 8 seekers and three managers. One manager was held up, so we waited while the other did small talk. Thought the time could have been used better to tell about the company or culture. Each manager took a turn asking a question around the table. If you were last asked, all the "answers" had been said. Seemed rushed and uncomfortable. This technique did not allow for any conversation, and don't feel like the managers got a chance to get to know you. The position was not presented well, managers harped on the negatives (Saturdays, heavy workload).
- Give an example of a time when you messed up, how you told your boss and what you did to fix it. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative Experience
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Career Education.
Applied online. Contacted by one recruiter a month later. Contacted by different recruiter two weeks after that. Had phone interview. Recruiter couldn't answer basic questions about the position. Said she'd present me to the hiring manager. Never heard back.
- Lots of soft skill questions like, name adjectives that describe you, tell me about a time where you had to present information to others etc. Nothing really about testing software. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Education in February 2010.
I had an initial phone screen that was very typical, then went for 3 one on one interviews. The first person seemed very set in their way not flexible, the second was very disorganized and the third person I spoke with was very open, intelligent and honest.
- Tell me about a time when you had to deliver disappointing news to a manager. How did it go and what was the outcome? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Education in March 2009.
Discussed opportunities with the organization, but the salary and benefits where not what I expected.
- Where did you plan on being in 10 years? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review