Career Education

24 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Career Education in March 2012.

Interview Details – 6 interviews

Interview Question – Can you name the president of Egypt?   Answer Question

CPC Processor Interview

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Career Education in May 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and said I have been selected for a group interview. Group interview consisted of 8 seekers and three managers. One manager was held up, so we waited while the other did small talk. Thought the time could have been used better to tell about the company or culture. Each manager took a turn asking a question around the table. If you were last asked, all the "answers" had been said. Seemed rushed and uncomfortable. This technique did not allow for any conversation, and don't feel like the managers got a chance to get to know you. The position was not presented well, managers harped on the negatives (Saturdays, heavy workload).

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you messed up, how you told your boss and what you did to fix it.   View Answer

Director of Career Services Interview

Director of Career Services
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Career Education in November 2012.

Interview Details – Long interview process begining with application through multiple hiring managers and department reviews. Process includes behavioral questions and face to face interviews. A good understanding of higher education is a must and a clear focus on doing what is best for the students is imperative!

Interview Question – Tell me about how you overcame a difficult situation with a co-worker, and did it effect your future professional dealings.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – I went in for a first interview and found out it was to be a group interview which was new for me. Turned out to be fine and went well but it took months for a call back for a second interview which was one on one. I was hired the following week.
This whole process was fine I have nothing negative to say about it.

Interview Question – It was awhile ago so I can't recall any. And to your questions below about a drug test or any other testing, I don't recall but I think that is part of the process now. Sorry!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back than I was able to negotiate my pay rate but that has since gone away since all the cut backs over the past 3 to 4 years.

Workforce Management Coordinator Interview

Workforce Management Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with an HR specialist, which was very positive. She told me they would be in contact with me, and I didn't hear anything for weeks. I finally got a call back to set up an interview with the department supervisor. We had a phone interview, which included a detailed description of the position, my experience, and many of the typical behavioral questions. It went well, and I had an on-site interview with the visiting Director in April. Again, we talked about experience and a few behavioral questions, but mostly chatted about the expectations and duties of the position. I had felt it went well, but about two weeks later I got a denial letter.

About a month later, I got a phone call from the recruiter, and they had decided to offer me the position. I was excited, but confused. During my training, my supervisor had told me that originally, they had lost my application/resume, which is why it took so long from my initial recruiter interview to actual interview. Then, the director had decided to offer the job to someone else. Before he started, he rubbed my supervisor the wrong way, and she let him go and hired me.

I am certain that this was a once-in-a-lifetime type of experience, as no one else I have talked to about it has experienced anything like it.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, as I was a little naive and wasn't aware that was something you could do. I know others hired into my department that did and were successful. Never hesitate to ask for what you think you are worth. The compensation is good, and most companies can do between 5-8% over the original offer.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Career Education in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screen that was very typical, then went for 3 one on one interviews. The first person seemed very set in their way not flexible, the second was very disorganized and the third person I spoke with was very open, intelligent and honest.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver disappointing news to a manager. How did it go and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Schaumburg, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Career Education in February 2010.

Interview Details – It took me approximately one month to hear back from the company after I submitted my application. I was first interview by the company's recruiter. It took me about a week to get a send face to face interview. I was interview by a group of four people. The person in charge of company's technology was very knowledgeable while the others asked irrelevant questions because they were not experts in the field. Overall, the interview went well.

Interview Question – What did you dislike about your previous job?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Career Education in June 2010.

Interview Details – Need to be positive and energetic

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over anyone else?   View Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor
Downers Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in the actual office setting that you would work. Typically the Director of a team would meet you face to face at the receptionist's desk and take you to their office and complete the interview one on one or with another member of the workforce.

The initial hiring phase was completed through a staffing company. The staffing company worked diligently to ensure you were interviewed, that's their role.

Interview Question – My interviewer ended up being my first Director, so it was a nice experience to be interviewed by the same person that I would end up working under. A lot of people did not have the same experience, however, I believe the company has a basic rubric for questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were open, but I was more than satisfied with just getting hired!

Director of Career Services Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – Corporate HR initiates the conversation, then meetings with campus-level staff.

Interview Question – Would you rather ask for permission or beg for forgiveness?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Career Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Career Education interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Career Education employees and interview candidates.