Career Education

27 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Career Education in March 2012.

Interview Details – 6 interviews

Interview Question – Can you name the president of Egypt?   Answer Question

CPC Processor Interview

CPC Processor
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Career Education in May 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and said I have been selected for a group interview. Group interview consisted of 8 seekers and three managers. One manager was held up, so we waited while the other did small talk. Thought the time could have been used better to tell about the company or culture. Each manager took a turn asking a question around the table. If you were last asked, all the "answers" had been said. Seemed rushed and uncomfortable. This technique did not allow for any conversation, and don't feel like the managers got a chance to get to know you. The position was not presented well, managers harped on the negatives (Saturdays, heavy workload).

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you messed up, how you told your boss and what you did to fix it.   View Answer

Director of Career Services Interview

Director of Career Services
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Career Education in November 2012.

Interview Details – Long interview process begining with application through multiple hiring managers and department reviews. Process includes behavioral questions and face to face interviews. A good understanding of higher education is a must and a clear focus on doing what is best for the students is imperative!

Interview Question – Tell me about how you overcame a difficult situation with a co-worker, and did it effect your future professional dealings.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – I went in for a first interview and found out it was to be a group interview which was new for me. Turned out to be fine and went well but it took months for a call back for a second interview which was one on one. I was hired the following week.
This whole process was fine I have nothing negative to say about it.

Interview Question – It was awhile ago so I can't recall any. And to your questions below about a drug test or any other testing, I don't recall but I think that is part of the process now. Sorry!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back than I was able to negotiate my pay rate but that has since gone away since all the cut backs over the past 3 to 4 years.

Student Finance - Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Student Finance - Financial Aid Advisor
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Career Education in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. I filled out the application that morning and a call back that afternoon. I had a telephone interview to initiate the process the same day. Then I scheduled the interview a few days later and was told they had to think it over. On my way to another interview, I received a phone call for a few follow up questions and was offered the position. I met with one of the Directors of Student Finance. She was very welcoming, yet stern but overall it was a great experience.

Interview Question – The most challenging question of course, " Why should we hire you?" Just answer honestly, voice your strengths, remain confident and one will be fine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Career Education in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact from the recruiter was great! Interview process was good, quite pleasant. No questions out of left field. All of the hiring managers seemed to be knowledgeable about the position and the requirements. The interview process started with phone screen, then phone interview with the hiring manager, before a face-to face interview with leadership.

Interview Question – Do you have a copy of your resume?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was not difficult at all. They seemed to recognize the position needed to pay well to align my experience and credentials.

Live Chat Specialist Interview

Live Chat Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Career Education.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and one face to face interview. Hiring process took about 1 month. You have a background check you will have to complete as well as employment verification.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us... This is just an entry level position with no moving up in the company which is clearly explained when you are interviewing.. so how so you want me to explain why this position is so darn special to get!!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i did not have to negotiate anything

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Career Education in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screen that was very typical, then went for 3 one on one interviews. The first person seemed very set in their way not flexible, the second was very disorganized and the third person I spoke with was very open, intelligent and honest.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver disappointing news to a manager. How did it go and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Schaumburg, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Career Education in February 2010.

Interview Details – It took me approximately one month to hear back from the company after I submitted my application. I was first interview by the company's recruiter. It took me about a week to get a send face to face interview. I was interview by a group of four people. The person in charge of company's technology was very knowledgeable while the others asked irrelevant questions because they were not experts in the field. Overall, the interview went well.

Interview Question – What did you dislike about your previous job?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Career Education in June 2010.

Interview Details – Need to be positive and energetic

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over anyone else?   View Answer

Worked for Career Education? Contribute to the Community!