Career Education

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.7

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview process was pretty detailed. The process was half a day. I met with the area sales director and the sales manager. Several applicants that were there for the interview. Many hours spent during the interview process and I was about to walk out during a video portion of it. I ended up staying and finished it. I wound up actually taking a position there.

National Admissions Advisor Interview

The questions about situations and how I would handle it. Just situations I would handle if something came up. Where I would want my career to go with the company.

Interview Questions
    I was not really the one negotiating. I got the job as a temp to hire.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Career Education in November 2010.

Be sure to learn the STAR format for answering interview questions. Currently only hiring via temp agency. Will be a minimum of 3-4 months prior to earning permanent employment; but may happen sooner depending on turnover.

Interview Questions
    Low-ball offer made and accepted because I was out of work at the time.

Live Chat Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Career Education.

I had one phone interview and one face to face interview. Hiring process took about 1 month. You have a background check you will have to complete as well as employment verification.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us... This is just an entry level position with no moving up in the company which is clearly explained when you are interviewing.. so how so you want me to explain why this position is so darn special to get!!   View Answer
    i did not have to negotiate anything

Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Career Education in September 2010.

If interested, you will be sent to one of the Directors of Admission on the floor. Most of the Directors have less than 5 years experience. General interview questions. Interview no longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Yes, negotiate if you have skills.

Business Operations Manager Interview

Hired as part of an acquisition for interview process was probably not typical.

Able to get the flexible schedule I requested

Imaging Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Career Education.

Met with department manager through an interview set up through a temp agency. Interview was held in an empty conference room and lasted about 15 minutes. I was later called by the temp agency and told I had gotten the job. When I was hired on full-time, I submitted an internal application on the recommendation of my manager. I was approved to become a full-time employee (no additional interview needed), and went to the corporate headquarters for a one-on-one PowerPoint meeting about company policies.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Career Education.

I went in for a first interview and found out it was to be a group interview which was new for me. Turned out to be fine and went well but it took months for a call back for a second interview which was one on one. I was hired the following week.
    This whole process was fine I have nothing negative to say about it.

Interview Questions
    • It was awhile ago so I can't recall any. And to your questions below about a drug test or any other testing, I don't recall but I think that is part of the process now. Sorry!   Answer Question
    Back than I was able to negotiate my pay rate but that has since gone away since all the cut backs over the past 3 to 4 years.

Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Career Education in November 2012.

Long interview process begining with application through multiple hiring managers and department reviews. Process includes behavioral questions and face to face interviews. A good understanding of higher education is a must and a clear focus on doing what is best for the students is imperative!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you overcame a difficult situation with a co-worker, and did it effect your future professional dealings.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Career Education.

Was fair process....hiring managers, HR, potential peers, etc.

easy, clear, professional.