Career Education Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2014
27 interviews

2.7

Business Development Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Career Education in March 2012.

6 interviews

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Career Education in June 2012.

Initial contact from the recruiter was great! Interview process was good, quite pleasant. No questions out of left field. All of the hiring managers seemed to be knowledgeable about the position and the requirements. The interview process started with phone screen, then phone interview with the hiring manager, before a face-to face interview with leadership.

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation was not difficult at all. They seemed to recognize the position needed to pay well to align my experience and credentials.

Student Finance - Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Career Education in November 2010.

The interview process was pretty standard. I filled out the application that morning and a call back that afternoon. I had a telephone interview to initiate the process the same day. Then I scheduled the interview a few days later and was told they had to think it over. On my way to another interview, I received a phone call for a few follow up questions and was offered the position. I met with one of the Directors of Student Finance. She was very welcoming, yet stern but overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question of course, " Why should we hire you?" Just answer honestly, voice your strengths, remain confident and one will be fine.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

IRC Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Career Education in October 2012.

I was actually hired through a temp agency, I had to interview with them before going to the company. Once I got my interview with CEC the manager asked behavioral questions. I had to do a fake call, since it is a call center position. That required reading the script that has to be said during each call. Over all the process was not bad, but that also depends on which manager you interview with, so I heard.

Interview Questions

I accepted another position.

Director of Career Services Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Career Education.

Corporate HR initiates the conversation, then meetings with campus-level staff.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather ask for permission or beg for forgiveness?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Career Education.

The interview was conducted in the actual office setting that you would work. Typically the Director of a team would meet you face to face at the receptionist's desk and take you to their office and complete the interview one on one or with another member of the workforce.

The initial hiring phase was completed through a staffing company. The staffing company worked diligently to ensure you were interviewed, that's their role.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer ended up being my first Director, so it was a nice experience to be interviewed by the same person that I would end up working under. A lot of people did not have the same experience, however, I believe the company has a basic rubric for questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were open, but I was more than satisfied with just getting hired!

Lead LOA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Career Education in August 2011.

The interview and hiring process was routine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Career Education in October 2010.

10 person group interview. Everyone seems to build off each other's answer for the best combination answer. Not personal at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Group interview is not very common.   Answer Question
    Don't do it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Career Education in March 2011.

There was an initial phone screening by HR, then I was scheduled for a 1:1 with the Hiring Manager which was a week later. The 1:1 interview lasted for 45 min. I received an job offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about dealing with Sensative Confidential Student information.   View Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Career Education in June 2010.

Need to be positive and energetic

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over anyone else?   View Answer