Career Education

2.7

Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Career Education in November 2012.

Long interview process begining with application through multiple hiring managers and department reviews. Process includes behavioral questions and face to face interviews. A good understanding of higher education is a must and a clear focus on doing what is best for the students is imperative!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you overcame a difficult situation with a co-worker, and did it effect your future professional dealings.   Answer Question

IRC Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Career Education in October 2012.

I was actually hired through a temp agency, I had to interview with them before going to the company. Once I got my interview with CEC the manager asked behavioral questions. I had to do a fake call, since it is a call center position. That required reading the script that has to be said during each call. Over all the process was not bad, but that also depends on which manager you interview with, so I heard.

Interview Questions

I accepted another position.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Career Education in June 2012.

Initial contact from the recruiter was great! Interview process was good, quite pleasant. No questions out of left field. All of the hiring managers seemed to be knowledgeable about the position and the requirements. The interview process started with phone screen, then phone interview with the hiring manager, before a face-to face interview with leadership.

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation was not difficult at all. They seemed to recognize the position needed to pay well to align my experience and credentials.

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Career Education in March 2012.

6 interviews

Lead LOA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Career Education in August 2011.

The interview and hiring process was routine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Career Education in March 2011.

There was an initial phone screening by HR, then I was scheduled for a 1:1 with the Hiring Manager which was a week later. The 1:1 interview lasted for 45 min. I received an job offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about dealing with Sensative Confidential Student information.   View Answer

Student Finance - Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Career Education in November 2010.

The interview process was pretty standard. I filled out the application that morning and a call back that afternoon. I had a telephone interview to initiate the process the same day. Then I scheduled the interview a few days later and was told they had to think it over. On my way to another interview, I received a phone call for a few follow up questions and was offered the position. I met with one of the Directors of Student Finance. She was very welcoming, yet stern but overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question of course, " Why should we hire you?" Just answer honestly, voice your strengths, remain confident and one will be fine.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Career Education in November 2010.

Be sure to learn the STAR format for answering interview questions. Currently only hiring via temp agency. Will be a minimum of 3-4 months prior to earning permanent employment; but may happen sooner depending on turnover.

Interview Questions
    Low-ball offer made and accepted because I was out of work at the time.

Senior Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Career Education in October 2010.

10 person group interview. Everyone seems to build off each other's answer for the best combination answer. Not personal at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Group interview is not very common.   Answer Question
    Don't do it.

Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Career Education in September 2010.

If interested, you will be sent to one of the Directors of Admission on the floor. Most of the Directors have less than 5 years experience. General interview questions. Interview no longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Yes, negotiate if you have skills.