Career Education

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IRC Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Career Education in October 2012.

I was actually hired through a temp agency, I had to interview with them before going to the company. Once I got my interview with CEC the manager asked behavioral questions. I had to do a fake call, since it is a call center position. That required reading the script that has to be said during each call. Over all the process was not bad, but that also depends on which manager you interview with, so I heard.

Interview Questions

I accepted another position.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Career Education in June 2012.

Initial contact from the recruiter was great! Interview process was good, quite pleasant. No questions out of left field. All of the hiring managers seemed to be knowledgeable about the position and the requirements. The interview process started with phone screen, then phone interview with the hiring manager, before a face-to face interview with leadership.

Interview Questions
    Salary negotiation was not difficult at all. They seemed to recognize the position needed to pay well to align my experience and credentials.

Lead LOA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Career Education in August 2011.

The interview and hiring process was routine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Student Finance - Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Career Education in November 2010.

The interview process was pretty standard. I filled out the application that morning and a call back that afternoon. I had a telephone interview to initiate the process the same day. Then I scheduled the interview a few days later and was told they had to think it over. On my way to another interview, I received a phone call for a few follow up questions and was offered the position. I met with one of the Directors of Student Finance. She was very welcoming, yet stern but overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question of course, " Why should we hire you?" Just answer honestly, voice your strengths, remain confident and one will be fine.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Senior Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Career Education in October 2010.

10 person group interview. Everyone seems to build off each other's answer for the best combination answer. Not personal at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Group interview is not very common.   Answer Question
    Don't do it.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Career Education in June 2010.

Need to be positive and energetic

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over anyone else?   View Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Career Education in February 2010.

It took me approximately one month to hear back from the company after I submitted my application. I was first interview by the company's recruiter. It took me about a week to get a send face to face interview. I was interview by a group of four people. The person in charge of company's technology was very knowledgeable while the others asked irrelevant questions because they were not experts in the field. Overall, the interview went well.