CareerBuilder Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.5

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Informal process. Met with managers after the initial phone interview. 2 in person interviews with general questions. Sat with some reps and shadowed them for 20 minutes and then offer was made. Pretty much a good interview process and they didn't waste my time.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Told to prepare presentation materials and be ready to present to have the interview team ask me questions about my resume only and provide feedback on obvious elements of my background. Waste of time on the actual interview. The initial recruiter was great with describing the position and next steps, but the actual manager was a let down.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where the sales rep tells you what to sell without much customer information?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

This place is a joke, literally!!! I applied for a position. They contacted me for an interview. Now, I have had positions withe Fortune 500 companies and have conducted many interviews and you know after the first interview whether a candidate is a good fit or not. I was contacted for interviews with CB 4 times. I went for 4 interviews and a role playing assessment which the managers rated me on my phone skills a 9/10. This oddysey of circus interviews began in October 2014. I was informed to reach out to them in January, which I did. They replied with the usual PC email of, "we found a better match". My question is, why the 4 interviews and assessment role play where the managers stated to me that I would be a great fit. What a joke!!!

Interview Questions

• stupid qyestions that m ake no sense obviously?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter setting up a phone interview with me. The interview was ok, but I thought the recruiter was very unprofessional. The recruiter and basically rushed me off the phone.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a difficult question, but explain your past sales experience.   Answer Question

Internal Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received quick response to application and request for phone interview. Set up phone interview for the following week. Phone interview went well, with expected response time set at one week. Contacted hiring manager again after two weeks of no response. Two to three weeks later after follow-up, received rejection via email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard questions: What is something you wish had gone differently in the past year? What was your best accomplishment of the past year?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

First interview is about one hour, and entails questions about your sales experience. For the second interview you will prepare a sales presentation to showcase your presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that unexpected, just be prepared to explain how you sell using ROI, and why you will be successful in the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for sales salaries

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring is very professional and usually 3 stages - 1) scoping with HR; 2) in-person with managers; 3) presentation in front of a team. Be as specific as possible and practice your answers before each round as you will get asked the same things over and over at each stage. Get an elevator pitch! (30 seconds max)

Interview Questions

• if you are asked anything about "scenarios", be aware of two things: this is a sales question, and orient your answer to how you can push that divisions products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Met with the manager, met with the team to learn about the position, group presentation as well as one on one

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was gathering information from sales reps on their clients I was presenting in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate on this one.

Online Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Had 2-3 sit down and interactive interviews. Communication and follow ups were effective and they were prompt about getting back to me when they said they would. Met with a number of different managers to get a feel for each one and how they operate. Work culture and people seems very positive and young. Seems like a friendly and professional atmosphere.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

For a Contract position, the interview was very brief and consisted of less than 10 questions. Most questions were related to my understanding of the job description and my understanding of what it meant to be a Contract worker rather than a full-time employee. Contract positions aren't highly skilled or demanding, so the interview questions were basically designed to clarify my understanding of what I was getting myself into. Employee referrals go a long way at CareerBuilder, so most interviewers or hiring managers already know a lot about you before you ever talk with them. For this position in particular, the interview was more of a formality than anything critical.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what it means to be considered a Contract employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position. The wage rate was set, and there are no benefits offered to Contract workers. It may be possible to negotiate for full-time status in order to receive benefits, but the wage rate typically cannot be changed.