CareerBuilder Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CareerBuilder in February 2013.

Hiring is very professional and usually 3 stages - 1) scoping with HR; 2) in-person with managers; 3) presentation in front of a team. Be as specific as possible and practice your answers before each round as you will get asked the same things over and over at each stage. Get an elevator pitch! (30 seconds max)

Interview Questions
    • if you are asked anything about "scenarios", be aware of two things: this is a sales question, and orient your answer to how you can push that divisions products.   View Answer
    none

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CareerBuilder.

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter setting up a phone interview with me. The interview was ok, but I thought the recruiter was very unprofessional. The recruiter and basically rushed me off the phone.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a difficult question, but explain your past sales experience.   Answer Question

Online Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CareerBuilder in February 2010.

Easy questions and on the spot sales over the phone

No Negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CareerBuilder in May 2013.

First interview is about one hour, and entails questions about your sales experience. For the second interview you will prepare a sales presentation to showcase your presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that unexpected, just be prepared to explain how you sell using ROI, and why you will be successful in the role.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for sales salaries

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CareerBuilder in September 2012.

Met with the manager, met with the team to learn about the position, group presentation as well as one on one

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was gathering information from sales reps on their clients I was presenting in.   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate on this one.

Internal Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Applied online, received quick response to application and request for phone interview. Set up phone interview for the following week. Phone interview went well, with expected response time set at one week. Contacted hiring manager again after two weeks of no response. Two to three weeks later after follow-up, received rejection via email.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly standard questions: What is something you wish had gone differently in the past year? What was your best accomplishment of the past year?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CareerBuilder in March 2011.

First talk is with a recruiter over the phone, then after passing that screening phone interview with single manager. From there, either in-person with hiring manager or with a group of hiring managers. Typically follow-up in person interview with hiring manager and sometimes with his/her supervisor where final decision is made. B2B Sales experience is focused on, business driven, amount of quota/growth responsible for in previous roles, professional dress and demeanor, overall communication skills, and agility are keyed in on.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a "Big Mac," what part of the sandwich would you be and why? Obviously key here is to focus on the explanation of the answer more than the answer itself as a measure of critical thinking skills.   View Answer
    Not much of a negotiation phase.. comp plan is pretty cut and dry and relcoation was not required, though it can be offered to experienced candidates.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CareerBuilder in January 2012.

My first interview was with 2 manager in the division. The interview was very basic and straight forward.

The send interview they want me to present a company to them. They gave me a situation prior to the meeting and they wanted to see how I would approach the opportunity

Interview Questions
    • When I was finished role playing and presenting the company, the 2 managers pushed back hard to make sure I stood my ground and did not back down.   Answer Question
    I found that CareerBuilder was very fair and generous with their offerings. I don't think their is much room for negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CareerBuilder in March 2009.

Initial interview was on the phone with HR person. First in person was with the team lead, who discussed the role and basically asked if I was interested and motivated. Met with a manager and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a gate keeper (i.e someone who won't let you talk to the decision maker)?   Answer Question

Online Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CareerBuilder in March 2011.

I was contacted after submitting my reumse to Careerbuiler by a recruiter. I completed a phone interview and was asked to come in for a face-to-face pannel interview. After completing the panel interview I was asked to come back and meet with the Director of the Dept. for a final face to face intervew (formality), upon such meeting I was extended an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!