CareerBuilder

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder.

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter setting up a phone interview with me. The interview was ok, but I thought the recruiter was very unprofessional. The recruiter and basically rushed me off the phone.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a difficult question, but explain your past sales experience.   Answer Question

Internal Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder.

Applied online, received quick response to application and request for phone interview. Set up phone interview for the following week. Phone interview went well, with expected response time set at one week. Contacted hiring manager again after two weeks of no response. Two to three weeks later after follow-up, received rejection via email.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly standard questions: What is something you wish had gone differently in the past year? What was your best accomplishment of the past year?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CareerBuilder in May 2013.

First interview is about one hour, and entails questions about your sales experience. For the second interview you will prepare a sales presentation to showcase your presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that unexpected, just be prepared to explain how you sell using ROI, and why you will be successful in the role.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for sales salaries

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in February 2013.

Hiring is very professional and usually 3 stages - 1) scoping with HR; 2) in-person with managers; 3) presentation in front of a team. Be as specific as possible and practice your answers before each round as you will get asked the same things over and over at each stage. Get an elevator pitch! (30 seconds max)

Interview Questions
    • if you are asked anything about "scenarios", be aware of two things: this is a sales question, and orient your answer to how you can push that divisions products.   View Answer
    none

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in September 2012.

Met with the manager, met with the team to learn about the position, group presentation as well as one on one

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was gathering information from sales reps on their clients I was presenting in.   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate on this one.

Online Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in May 2012.

Had 2-3 sit down and interactive interviews. Communication and follow ups were effective and they were prompt about getting back to me when they said they would. Met with a number of different managers to get a feel for each one and how they operate. Work culture and people seems very positive and young. Seems like a friendly and professional atmosphere.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CareerBuilder in February 2012.

For a Contract position, the interview was very brief and consisted of less than 10 questions. Most questions were related to my understanding of the job description and my understanding of what it meant to be a Contract worker rather than a full-time employee. Contract positions aren't highly skilled or demanding, so the interview questions were basically designed to clarify my understanding of what I was getting myself into. Employee referrals go a long way at CareerBuilder, so most interviewers or hiring managers already know a lot about you before you ever talk with them. For this position in particular, the interview was more of a formality than anything critical.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain to me what it means to be considered a Contract employee?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for this position. The wage rate was set, and there are no benefits offered to Contract workers. It may be possible to negotiate for full-time status in order to receive benefits, but the wage rate typically cannot be changed.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CareerBuilder in January 2012.

My first interview was with 2 manager in the division. The interview was very basic and straight forward.

The send interview they want me to present a company to them. They gave me a situation prior to the meeting and they wanted to see how I would approach the opportunity

Interview Questions
    • When I was finished role playing and presenting the company, the 2 managers pushed back hard to make sure I stood my ground and did not back down.   Answer Question
    I found that CareerBuilder was very fair and generous with their offerings. I don't think their is much room for negotiation.

Media Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in January 2012.

The interview was great and immediately made me excited to work here. I got all the info I needed and could feel the excitement of the employees that interviewed me and that they genuinely loved their jobs. I came in as a contractor (pretty common for a non-sales role here) and was hired permanently a few months later

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CareerBuilder in January 2012.

The interview process was very unprofessional. I had a phone interview and the recruiter said she would get back to me through e-mail to let me know if I had an on-site interview or not. She told me to call her if I wanted to follow up. I called twice, left two voice mails and she just ignored them. It's sad that in this day and age, job seekers are treated like a herd of cattle. It surprises me that a company like CareerBuilder would treat job seekers this way. I am very disappointed with this company and I barely use their services nowadays.