CareerBuilder Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

Phone Screening, Brought in for on site whiteboard questions. Interviewer was very nice, asked basic questions. Discussed option for co-op. Spoke mostly about past projects and experience with coding. Team oriented questions. Basic interview questions.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone screen and onsite technical/behavioral interview...was easy interview, very casual, people are very nice. Not a pressured interview environment, recruiters are very friendly. Doesn’t seem like a very intense technology company. Wasn’t specific about what team I was interviewing for

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • write an algorithm to determine is "happy" ... a number is happy if the sum of the square of the digits ever equals one. An example of a happy number is 19:
      1^2 + 9^2 = 82
      8^2 + 2^2 = 68
      6^2 + 8^2 = 100
      1^2 + 0^2 + 0^2 = 1

If it is not happy then it will eventually hit repeat back to a number that it already saw

1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

This place is a joke, literally!!! I applied for a position. They contacted me for an interview. Now, I have had positions withe Fortune 500 companies and have conducted many interviews and you know after the first interview whether a candidate is a good fit or not. I was contacted for interviews with CB 4 times. I went for 4 interviews and a role playing assessment which the managers rated me on my phone skills a 9/10.

This oddysey of circus interviews began in October 2014. I was informed to reach out to them in January, which I did. They replied with the usual PC email of, "we found a better match". My question is, why the 4 interviews and assessment role play where the managers stated to me that I would be a great fit. What a joke!!!

Interview Questions

• stupid qyestions that m ake no sense obviously?   1 Answer

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA).

Interview

I went through an initial screening interview, a very difficult written evaluation with actual CareerBuilder scenarios involved, and then a panel interview with the Product Owners and managers I would be working with and a panel interview with the Agile Project Management team.

The questions required excellent knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodologies as well as questions about Lean and internal CareerBuilder terminology. I did a lot of research for the interviews.

The interviews were warm, welcoming, and light-hearted--the experience was excellent.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were pulled from current and real dilemmas faced at CareerBuilder, I used the STAR method to respond since it was both a matter of book knowledge and behavioral response.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

They were very professional in the interview process. It seemed like a highly competitive sales environment. The interviewer alluded to sales reps calling existing clients belonging to other sales reps.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

The interview process was odd. But to be fair the questions were limited around the skills of my resume. However the choice of questions asked about my skillset were unusual. What I hated most about the interview process was the excessive amount of pressure for a low skilled/low salaried position. A walked out of the interview overwhelmed and actually took a break from the job market. I did not receive any feedback or heard anything back for that matter. I usually refuse to work for a company that does not provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• A very odd question as vendors perform this task. But I was asked the process on initializing a EMC VNX storage appliance.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

First round was a phone call with the recruiter. Then an on-site interview with the hiring manager, followed by another on-site round of interviews with several people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very specific and scenario-driven. There weren't many generic "what ifs" thrown around. They were situations they are actually dealing with (or have dealt with) in their environment.   1 Answer

Client Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

It was a very quick process, I submitted my resume and a week later i received a call from the recruiter, had a phone interview, called the next day for a 1 on 1 and they called the same day of the face to face interview with an offer for the Client Advocate role, which has high turnover.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation only a flat salary offered.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter setting up a phone interview with me. The interview was ok, but I thought the recruiter was very unprofessional. The recruiter and basically rushed me off the phone.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a difficult question, but explain your past sales experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

first Round Interview - phone call with HR, as long as you are interested in sales and have some background experience is fine

Second Round - in office interview, was told would be with 2 managers but was with 4. they ask standard questions about background/why you want to be in sale an work there. Make you do the pen test where you have to sell them a pen they don't want. Also, if for B2B sales, they make you do a few mock phone calls to set up appointments to talk with someone on your team

Third and final - haven't been yet but make you prepare answers for questions on company, competition, products and read a sales article.