CareerBuilder

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Media Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interviewed with entire team, product manager and senior media managers. Hired as a contractor first then after nine months became a FT employee

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CareerBuilder in May 2013.

First interview is about one hour, and entails questions about your sales experience. For the second interview you will prepare a sales presentation to showcase your presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that unexpected, just be prepared to explain how you sell using ROI, and why you will be successful in the role.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for sales salaries

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in May 2013.

I filled out an application online in the afternoon and essentially received a follow up e-mail that same evening informing me the original internship position had been filled (front end developer) but a more general software internship position was open. I was of course very interested, and the HR rep informed me she would be calling the next day at 3. She kept her word and called on time. While I lacked experience (I only have 2 semesters of Java under my belt), she said my enthusiasm and passion nudged her towards setting up an interview with a hiring manager.

The actual interview occurred the next week. I was asked why I became a CS major, to tell them about any projects I had done, and asked an object-oriented related question. Afterwards, I was asked to code a method. After that, I was allowed to ask the two interviewers questions of my own. I was then given a tour of the IT department and then left.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically, they asked for a method that would take a String input and output its mirror image. (ie, "Adam" is given; I am to output "madA"). Also, I was asked a very specific object-oriented coding question and how it related to one of my projects. Something along the lines of "Why did you need objected oriented programming in this situation?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CareerBuilder in April 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with Rita, the HR recruiter, then a second technical phone interview with interaction through Google docs. After that they flew me out to Georgia and put me up in the Hyatt Place in Norcross right next door to the office. I had technical whiteboard interviews with two separate teams, then was treated to lunch. They took care of transport to and from the airport, which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • The questions where pretty standard technical interview questions, although I highly suggest brushing up on code skills. They are fine with pseudocode as long as you talk through what you are doing and make sure they understand your thought process.   Answer Question
    I did ask for more money, but at the time they were unable to accommodate me.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in April 2013.

You submit (find someone that works there and convince them you are good enough so they get the referral bonus too) resume, they call, you go in and talk, then you come back and present on a company, then they tell you if you are hired.

There was no negotiation because what they offered is very fair

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in February 2013.

Hiring is very professional and usually 3 stages - 1) scoping with HR; 2) in-person with managers; 3) presentation in front of a team. Be as specific as possible and practice your answers before each round as you will get asked the same things over and over at each stage. Get an elevator pitch! (30 seconds max)

Interview Questions
    • if you are asked anything about "scenarios", be aware of two things: this is a sales question, and orient your answer to how you can push that divisions products.   View Answer
    none

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in October 2012.

I had three interviews. The first was a low stress phone interview where I was mostly asked about my background and why I liked Computer Science. I was called back the same day and asked to come to an on site interview with two team leads.

For the second interview I was asked about projects I'd worked on and various OO questions. I was then asked to write some code on a whiteboard. In this case I had to write a function that would take in a string and determine whether or not it was a palindrome. I could use any language I wanted and I was told they weren't concerned about it being syntactically correct as long as I could explain what I was doing.

I was then called back for a second round of interviews, this time a with two different teams. This interview went pretty much like the first, with more questions around past projects and OO programming. The first team asked me a very difficult question about quickly accessing data for an autocomplete function. I eventually got to the correct answer but not without lots and lots of hints. They later admitted that they usually don't ask entry level candidates this question. The second team asked me to write a function that would take in an integer and return a word (e.g. pass in "23" and return "twenty three").

I didn't think I had done that well with the second interview so I was very surprised to get a call with a job offer later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that will determine whether or not a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The offers are pretty standard for entry level hires.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in October 2012.

The interview process was really long. I was grateful that I was selected for the interviews. I think overall, the company did everything they could to make it as smooth as possible. It took about a month and a half before I received any word.

It started with a phone screen. The recruiter told me about the company and what it does. I was asked a bunch of questions regarding my experience with tools and software development (you should always make sure you have a good grasp on OOP and SQL).

A few weeks later, I was given a programming task over google docs with two managers. I was able to solve the problem with a regex.

I didn't hear from them for another 2 weeks. By this time I thought I wasn't going to get a call back Turns out, they wanted to fly me down for an in-person interview.

A week later, I flew in for an interview. I interviewed with two teams. The atmosphere was really chill and I really enjoyed interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about web development?   Answer Question
    • Reverse string. Reverse sentence. Definitely know your SQL and OOP concepts.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I was happy with the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in October 2012.

First was interviewed over the phone, general questions. A week later I was called in for a second interview at their office. Consisted of technical questions, data structures and a couple of white board questions. The whole process went great but in the end they decided to take on someone graduating early than I was.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program that converts Roman numerical to decimal   View Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CareerBuilder in September 2012.

Met with the manager, met with the team to learn about the position, group presentation as well as one on one

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was gathering information from sales reps on their clients I was presenting in.   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate on this one.