CareerBuilder

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CareerBuilder in June 2010.

Interview Details – Created a thorough business plan & have sold talent management deals over $150K (or $500K total value) in the past. The manager questioned my familiarity with large deals though his background was insurance and car rental industry. Strange process as I had great credentials. Phone screener/ recruiter was much more professional and thorough than the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CareerBuilder in August 2010.

Interview Details – Low level sourcer asked basic questions to determine if I was a candidate to move-on to a full phone interview. Despite 20 years in recruitment sales I apparently was "unqualified" to sell CB ads.

Interview Question – What was your ratio of current clients to new business?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CareerBuilder in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was prescreened via phone then asked to come in for a face to face interview. The interview was fairly routine for a sales position and the ASM provided a great deal of information on the company and the pros and cons of working there. We were scheduled for a 1 hour interview but that ended up taking nearly 2 hours, which is bound to happen when you have two sales guys in a room. The immediate feedback in the interview was very positive and I'm hoping to schedule a second interview soon.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an HR manager who doesn't want you to talk with other managers in the organization?   Answer Question

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!