CareerBuilder

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview Details – Was recommended to the position by a friend who works there, the interview was done via Skype and I was asked a range of questions... all of them pretty standard for the industry. It was a fairly relaxed process and not unpleasant at all.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was whether or not I have allergies. Apparently allergies are no joke in GA.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CareerBuilder in October 2012.

Interview Details – First was interviewed over the phone, general questions. A week later I was called in for a second interview at their office. Consisted of technical questions, data structures and a couple of white board questions. The whole process went great but in the end they decided to take on someone graduating early than I was.

Interview Question – Write a program that converts Roman numerical to decimal   Answer Question

Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CareerBuilder in April 2011.

Interview Details – Technical questions started simple - from greatest sum of two adjacent integers in an array, to posing challenging real world problems that they are trying to solve at CareerBuilder.

Interview Question – The real world ones   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them the offers I got from other places I interviewed for, they made a competitive offer fairly quick.

Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CareerBuilder in April 2011.

Interview Details – A hiring consultant did a phone screening, which was difficult to judge if I did well on. A week later I came in for a formal interview by two different team leads. I had a couple simple whiteboard programming questions (greatest sum, and string reversal) and one more difficult one (multi threading and load splitting) which I didnt know the complete answer to. I was then invited to come back by one of the team leads to interview with the members of the team. They were very nice and asked basic personality questions. I was impressed with how smart they were and their dress attire, which was basically jeans, a tshirt, and flipflops on one. After that interview i was called back and asked when i wanted to start.

Interview Question – What are some ways to reduce bottlenecking when running a multi million emailer batch process with 3 subroutines?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CareerBuilder

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareerBuilder Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees and interview candidates.