Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
www.carefirst.com Baltimore, MD 500 to 999 Employees

Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield Advertised As Database Administrator But Position Was Not Database Administrator But Some Weird Other Title Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield in March 2009.

Interview Details – I forget which recuiter I dealt with but it was not one of the big ones in MD. The ad I answered was for a database administrator, but when I came in to interview, I heard conflicting things of exactly what the job I was interviewing for was. I thought I was very clear in my resume and cover letter and verbal explanations of what I was looking for and my skills...the office building in Owings Mills was beautiful but the area I was in seemed like a real pressure cooker. Everyone was running around - apparently they were in some mass hiring rush. I had to wait around while other interviews were going in. One of the most memorable interviews there was with an older guy who seemed to like what I was saying but kept saying "Go ahead...keep selling yourself" when I stopped talking. Overall I think there was 4 interviews that day - a 1:1 first, then I met with 2 guys, and then that older man, and then an HR rep. Funny thing is that everyone painted a different picture of the job and it really was not for what the recruiter advertised for.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I started having second thoughts about leaving my current employer so that was a big reason. The other was that salary would stay the same as I was making with my current employer so there was no financial incentive to move. The was the fact that I really had no clue what the job would actually entail despite all the questions I asked and conflicting answers. They seemed like they really wanted me to work there, but I really had doubts if they knew what they wanted and if I could figure out the mess they described.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield Advertised As Database Administrator But Position Was Not Database Administrator But Some Weird Other Title interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield employees and interview candidates.