Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.6

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield in December 2014.

I applied online the process took about two weeks before I received a link to an assessment online. I then received a call four days later for an in person interview. The interview consisted of standard STAR questions.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated the schedule I will be working.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield in October 2014.

I was approached by two recruiters for two different departments at CareFirst in the same week. I had an initial telephone screening with both. Due to internal delays, I only interviewed with one of the departments. My first day of interviews consisted of 2 one-hour meetings with the team, and two 30 minute interviews with the hiring manager, and the department VP. I was invited back the following week for additional interviews. In the second round, I met with the other Project Manager in the department, and with one of the managers for the business areas that I would be supporting. I also had a follow-up with the hiring manager. I was offered the position two days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected. The team asked questions from a script. There was definitely an expectation that I would be able to speak extensively about the health insurance industry. There were not a lot of questions about my project management background.   Answer Question
    I was informed up-front that the offer I was being made was beyond the original budget for the position, and therefore I wouldn't be able to negotiate. The offer was exactly the same salary as I was making before, with a ~5% signing bonus as compensation for being interviewed 3 weeks after the cutoff for the annual performance bonus.

Account Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.

I had an initial interview with HR and was then asked for in in person interview. I recieved an offer shortly after my in person interview. The questions were fairly easy, it was one of my easier interviewing experiences.

Lead Programmer Analyst Interview

Got an email requesting for an interview. Schedules interview withing about a week. At the interview, met with HR and two hiring managers. HR questions mostly about my education and experience, and any gaps that existed in my work history. HR provided information too about company benefits. The hiring managers were more detailed in explaining the job description. They also asked technical questions, and were interested in details about my previous employment. The technical questions were mostly on databases (e.g. join types) and business intelligence tools and concepts. Some questions too on working on projects as a group or alone.

Interview Questions
    Mostly based on education and experience

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.

The most difficult part seems to be getting selected to begin the process. They have a basic and very textbook hiring and interview process once you are selected to get to that point. My experience with the HR personnel was very pleasant and gave me a really great feeling about the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected or difficult questions for a customer service position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.

i was ask to write a detail of what a customer service rep is to a company

Interview Questions
    they made an offer i accepted with no weekends or holidays to work and no 10 hour shifts for 7 days

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.

The process was structured but it took a very long time for the company to present an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you use the free online resources to prepare for the interview then you won't get surprise with difficult questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Had an initial phone screening to discuss the position and my background. Then had an in person interview one of the managers. They called back in a week or two.

Internship - no negotiation

Lead Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Received a call from HR. Phone Interview for about 30 min and two weeks later about 3 hours interview with the group. The process was really smooth, they are not there to give you hard time!! Just make sure you know your subject matter and do little research on behavioral questions, and you will be fine .

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected question. Most questions were general behavioral-- what if.. question with some technical questions I was interviewing for. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield in April 2013.

It was a telephonic interview with the hiring manager and the Project manager

Interview Questions
    • In your role as a business analyst what were the difficulties or challenges you faced??   Answer Question