Carestream Health

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Carestream Health

Interview Details – Hostile and condescending interviewer. Heavy on behavioral questions. The interview team seemed disorganized and unprepared to discuss long-term potential of the position. eventual manager was not a part of the interview team.

Interview Question – Tell me about as many of your past failures as you can.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carestream Health in September 2013.

Interview Details – very easy process they called me, asked me a few questions regarding my background, my experience and what were my interests.I managed to answer them all without any issues and was able to make a good experience.

Negotiation Details – easy

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carestream Health.

Interview Details – Total of 4 telephone interviews with managers from several continents

Interview Question – Give me an example of managing conflict with a customer   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Carestream Health in February 2013.

Interview Details – an easy interview, they were super nice

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Rochester, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Carestream Health in March 2010.

Interview Details – After applying, interview scheduled within 3 days. Heard back within a week from HR and scheduled drug test/screening. Less than a week after that I was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Question – What is your proudest accomplishment? It is hard to answer that without sounding full of yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Carestream Health.

Interview Details – Found the job posting online through Indeed or one of the large aggregator sites. Submitted online application and was contacted by an in-house recruiter. Submitted a long application and answered specific questions in written form. A few months went by without further contact. Noticed the job was still posted online and followed up with the recruiter. He said things stalled for a while but were about to get going again. Finally received an email from the hiring manager about three months after the initial application. Had a phone screen within a couple of days. Later that week had a phone interview with the hiring manager and two others in the department lasting about an hour. Some technical questions mixed in with standard career path/long term goal questions. The following week received an invitation to interview on site. Had a full day interview meeting about 8 different people of varying levels and giving a presentation related to the position. Received an offer the next day. Some minor negotiations ensued but eventually accepted the position.

Overall, the process was fairly straightforward and typical for a technical position. I found the on-site visit to be generally relaxed and enjoyable. Most of the difficult questions were asked during the panel phone interview. Only one person on-site posed challenging behavioral questions that were designed to induce a bit of stress and careful thought. The process started slowly but accelerated very quickly as they were in a rapid hiring mode.

Interview Question – Talk about a situation when someone that you worked with betrayed you or undermined your work and describe how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very good and competitive with industry averages. Benefits were excellent. The relocation came in lower than expected because they based this on the initial application where I suggested that I didn't need much to relocated (mostly hoping to look attractive and gain an interview). I was able to ask for an amount more consistent with what is typical for the industry. I didn't attempt to negotiate other areas as they were already competitive.

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Carestream Health in November 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring was simple. They needed a body and I was there. The interview was perfunctory and short. I was introduced to the team and asked routine questions. Everyone seemed bored and didn't hide it. I felt ignored.

Interview Question – I was asked what accomplishment I was most proud of in my life--personal or professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible. Points were assigned by HR to resume. No consultation with me. Take it or leave it.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
White City, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carestream Health in June 2012.

Interview Details – First applied online through indeed.com. Two months later (seems like a long time) received a phone call which contained a brief interview about my basics (a resume overview). Asked to have a second phone interview. Second phone interview consisted of a panel of engineering managers. It was again a resume overview with more detail. Also, behavioral questions were asked. I spaced one and was honest about my gpa being less than fresh. They replied a week later by email explaining why they did not want to offer me the job (low gpa, poor answer to one question).

Interview Question – Can you think of a time when you were wrong while working on a group project, and what you did afterwards?   View Answer

Incident Support Specialist Interview

Incident Support Specialist
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carestream Health in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial Communication:
My friend and colleague notified me of an open position

Phone Interview & Skills Test:
 - Roughly 1.5 hrs
 - Tested technical & troubleshooting skills via 3 quizzes (Windows, Unix, and Oracle)
 - Tested social ability by talking about day-to-day experiences on the job

Group Interview: (a few days later)
 - 2 Managers Interviewed (immediate manager, and that manager's manager)
 - Presented an overview of the business at large, and then the specific products our department supports
- Asked about previous job experience
- Asked about various skill sets -> Windows, Unix and soft skills
- Asked about ability to multi-task
- Asked about willingness to work overtime

Offer: (a month later)
 - Low-ball salary offer, negotiated an additional $5K

Perceptions:
People - one manager seemed gruff, the immediate seemed nice, the workers were engrossed in work, but were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Office - it's an open office environment (cubicles without cubicle walls), it seemed clean and professional

Work culture - workers seemed busy, but seemed to enjoy what they do

Interview Question – How would you prioritize your workload during times of high call volume?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an additional $5K per year. I would advise that others do the same when considering an offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carestream Health in September 2009.

Interview Details – Strange - Several Interviewers were fired or fled during the process. Two HR contacts, Hiring department senior engineer, and tech simply were "taken" by Carestream security. Initially consisted of one person contacting me to see if I was interested. Another person called a week later and said, they changed the job catagory and lowered the salary and would I work for that level as it was "entry level" (odd for an experienced required position). I said yes, then weeks went by without any contact. Another person called as if it was the first time and asked if I was interested inthe position, and I said yes and mentioned the previous person calling me and they said - they are "no longer with us". Finally had a phone interview. Got a call 2 days afte that, asking if I knew it was an "entry level" job and salary would be low and was I still interested, I said lets negotiate and they said they would call back. They called me in for a group interview.

Interviewers seemed aloof and dispair - being more defensive of the companies recent issues and if I heard anything negative about the company there were some poeple out to get them. Seemed very defensive. The job was very technical, and required experience in the medical field. I askled about regulatins and they said, "they don't like to bring it up" I'm desperate for work, so I went along.

Interview consisted mostly of negotiating salary rather than qualifications. I think they would take anyone that was willing to work for the salary they offered. strange questions like do I mind not having an office or cleaning my own work area or would I turn in employees that spoke badly of a manager were more important than qualifications. Also during the interview, the bathroom near the office was flooded and dirty papers on the floor.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you had to fire and did you find it difficult   View Answer
  • If a person called in sick, would I go to their house to check and see if they were truly Ill.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, they wanted to pay the lowest possible price. If my family wasn't enduring hardship & serious illness, I wouldn't take it its not on national or regional average, but better than nothing.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carestream Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carestream Health interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carestream Health employees and interview candidates.