Carey International

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interviewed at Carey International

Interview Details – Hired on the same day I went in for the interview. I was really just looking to get back into sales after working on my degree for a little bit so I knew this was just a stop off for me.

Interview Question – None that I can think of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never hurts to ask for more. Once you're locked in good luck in making more.

Chauffeur Interview

Chauffeur
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carey International in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty painless and pretty quick.

Interview Question – They asked the typical behavioral and situational questions. I would describe the interview as more conversational. Your driving history is the only thing they care about really. Just be honest, confident and approachable. They are just trying to get a feeling for your personality and how you will engage with the customer. Relax, be professional and engaging but be careful not to get to comfortable because they want to know that when you meet the customer that you will be respectful, engaging but not chatty and professional.   Answer Question

Vice President of Sales Interview

Vice President of Sales

I applied in-person and interviewed at Carey International.

Interview Details – Many complexities

Interview Question – What kind of dog would you be?   Answer Question

Reservations Specialist Interview

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Carey International in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online to ad. Was called next day. Phone interview set up for Wednesday next week. Was called wednesday; they had to reschedule phone interview for Thursday. Phone interview consisted, of about 5 of your typical worthless B.S. questions: " ...tell us about a time when you had to make a difficult decision and how it affected other people and what the outcome was. ". Entire call took 15 minutes. Apparently my 20 years experience in this field is not important. (for an $11 hourly job.) What is important, is how well you B.S. your way through these impersonal "canned questions". 1 hour later, I got a rejection e-mail.

Interview Question – All of them.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Carey International in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview from manager first step of process, led to in person interview with manager at the office location. Toured facility and sat down with another manager and HR director in separate building.
Offer came by fax, pay rate not flexible to discuss.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses. What do you know about the specific industry, how much experience with chauffeured transportation had in past ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was desperate for a job, but should have asked for more due to my past experience. An offfer was faxed and was to be signed and returned quickly.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carey International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carey International interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carey International employees and interview candidates.