Cargill Interview Questions in Hopkins, MN

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Questions

• None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

I applied for a position I found on Indeed and within a week or two was contacted for a phone interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR -- very basic HR phone interview. After that, I interviewed in person with a team of about 6 managers. I had four 45 minute interviews with either 1-2 people at a time. Most of the interviewers were very laid back and not intimating. There was one person that asked me several behavioral based questions. Within two days of interviewing, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you put yourself in a challenging or uncomfortable situation for your own personal development?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

Started with 20 min. phone screen then three rounds of panel interviews with two people each. Ranging from Managers of the Business Unit to people in Finance.

Interview Questions

• Situation based interview questions. Very friendly and easy going really interested to see how I would fit into the position.   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst, Structured Finance Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

The process took a few weeks from when I applied to when I was called for a phone screen. Then it was another week or so before I heard back that I had been selected for an office interview. The entire process took a little over a month to be completed. The interview was conducted in 3 rounds of 45 minute interviews with two people interviewing you at a time who worked for Structured Finance. It was a mix of managers and staff, each with their own sets of questions, and was rather disorganized as neither would take the lead in guiding the interview process. I also had to repeatedly answer the same question for each new group of interviewers as it was obvious no one had compared notes about what would be asked. The people were nice and listened intently to my answers to their questions. Everything was behavioral based; some unique questions specific to my resume and experience, others the standard "what are your weaknesses and strengths". Although I considered this a good interview, I could tell by the time the senior manager came into the room that the group was looking for someone who would say "I want to stay in Structured Finance forever". Most of the staff started at Cargill as their first job out of college and have been obtaining graduate education etc, but only to continue their career in their group. Even the Sr. Mgr. said that Cargill is very insular, each business line/unit only putzing around with their specific product and having little awareness or care of what happens in other parts of the company if it doesn't directly relate to their work product. Though the group works in a very unique niche of financial services, on hindsight I am glad they did not make me an offer as the work culture is very stagnant in comparison to other public companies of its size. As a helpful FYI, the salary being offered was less than $65K; HR hinted it floated in the high $50Ks with performance bonus included in the compensation...but work hours were about 50 hrs/wk half the time.

Interview Questions

• None. Review your basic behavioral questions and you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Senior IT Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online on a Tuesday and was contacted next day for an interview on Thursday. I was presented with an offer by end of day the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• There were some difficult technical questions related to my field   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy for me, they made a fair initial offer, I asked for additional paid vacation and they accepted.

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Extensive, detailed, structured. Had 5 intervidews, 2 were with HR. The other 3 all used the same interview form which held various groups of questions. Some were asked in more than one interview and others were new each time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager or co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short, received all I asked for on first round.

Commodity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

Five rounds of interviews and in total I interviewed with nine separate individuals. The process really tests your stamina.

Design Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. The process took a bit longer than expected. The interviews were pretty straight forward.

IT Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was very general, no specific technical questions. Personal interview was not complex either. Few simple technical questions. Interviewer was very friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions

• How to move user in Active Directory console from one OU to another?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was contract position and potential employer clarified there is no negotiation on this position.